Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Dream, and the Help I Need

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizmosa smurf

09-14-2014

Ever since I was a little kid I loved to play games. I remember installing computer games at the age of 4 and just clicking buttons so I could play, I couldn't read at the time. Even now I love all things games but League of Legends has been my favorite for a while now. I watch LCS constantly and had recently watch lolesports episodes that talked about the LCS and LCS players and their dreams and childhoods. I've been playing the game since season 2 or so and I'm by No means what anyone would call a good player. I'm currently gold 4, but I know when to take objectives, how to trade objectives and wards and many other things that would seemingly make up a good player. Even though I'm at such a low Elo right now, my dream is to be able to play in the LCS and be able to face off against the best and be able to call myself a pro. It's not even for money, or a career or fame. It's about being able to accomplish something in my life. I'm fairly certain this post will be lost and will probably get 1 or 2 replies that say "if you wanna get better, don't suck" or something like that, but I'm posting it because of the slight chance someone may see it and care. I'm not asking for advice, I'm asking for help. Someone who's willing to take the time and coach a scrub at the game to help him realize a dream. It's doubtful and the odds are unlikely I know. But it's possible. I'm a gold 4 player by the summoner name of Gizmosa smurf who wants to be a pro player some day. To anyone who takes the time to read this, please help me realize that dream.

Miss Alaineus

09-15-2014

I'll add your IGN. Bump for this thread! +1

Seagrove

09-15-2014

I'm only plat 3, but I coach. Add me in game. Same name.

WrathOfDango

09-16-2014

Add me in game D1. Hi Im Zeff

flamemaster298

09-18-2014

Ill see you in 10 years

Dr Priapism

09-19-2014

There are 1.7 million people in Gold, 700 thousand in platinum, 200 thousand in diamond, 2000 in challenger.

I have also had dreams of catching game-winning touchdowns in the NFL, but I am a 5'11 slow and moderately coordinated person with a bad back. I will never ever play in the NFL. Ever. I can lift weights 2x/day, do skill drills, hire jerry rice to coach me his every secret to being the best and I would still probably barely even make a small college team.

Play the game for fun. It is a fantastic game, and it is fun as hell to play. If you're stuck in Gold IV and you're not a natural high ELO player, there are 3 million players ahead of you, and even the best challenger streamers don't get picked up for pro teams.

If you're this ambitious and dedicated in your personality to things you like, I bet you could literally do almost anything you wanted. Spend your time more wisely, your life will be better for it.

Wish you the best.