Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suspected bots playing in TwistedTreeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OffBeatMatt

Recruiter

09-14-2014

Okay, this might sound crazy, but a friend of mine and I were playing Twisted treeline, and we are like, 90% sure that their are bots playing for human profiles. These 'bots' all run Ghost/Heal, and they all go bot lane and almost never use abilities. I think this is done for profiles who still want to earn IP or level ups while they are not actually playing. All I know is that Riot needs to do something about this. Any of you guys seen anything like the scenario above?

Windyligth

09-14-2014

Was in that game, can confirm.

They behave like this:
- always run ghost/heal in the exact same slots
- always go bot lane
- never use abilities
- buy only basic items like longswords
- recall randomly
- no sense of when they are about to die

zonnis

09-14-2014

I have been seeing a decent amount of posts like this in the last few days on the TT forums. Just to clarify:

Is this happening in normal games?

Is it pre or post level 30 matches?

OffBeatMatt

Recruiter

09-14-2014

I'm level 30 and My friend is lvl 23. The bots in question are around mid 20s. It is definitely in the normal Queue. I really hope this isn't happening in ranked 3s.

OffBeatMatt

Recruiter

09-14-2014

We just played another game to check the theory, and it was 3 humans(My friend, a random, and me) versus a Swain(Human, poor guy) and two bots( a heimerdinger and MissFortune). The profile names are as follows: IHarveyLeo(Heimer) and KlinnRyze(MF)

Windyligth

09-14-2014

I am not level 30 and have never been, so I can't confirm if they're in level 30 matches.

I can confirm that I just played three games in a row that had at least two of these guys in it. In one game I was the only human, and in another me and OffBeatMatt were the only humans.

ImpendingDeath

09-14-2014

These bots have already infested Dominion. There are so many that they're showing up in the higher levels of Dominion MMR (yes, Dominion has MMR), as high as 1900, because they are playing each other and elevating their MMR. Players with very little knowledge and skill at the game are also being elevated because they're playing high MMR bots. This has been an issue for at least 6 months now, but Riot has done little to nothing about it. The best I can recommend is 1) continue posting about it on these forums 2) make posts on GD, since Riot doesn't read these forums or the Dominion forums and 3) report the bots for "intentional feeding" and explain that the person is a bot. The sad thing is, if these bots were invading SR, Riot would jump right on clearing them. Consequently, we're going to have to be vocal about their invasion if we want to get rid of them.

Haif

09-15-2014

Like the guy above me said, Riot gives basically no f*cks about forums besides GD, so if you want to go and raise hell, GD is the place to be.

Oh, and for you higher elo players, if you play any sort of normals TT, the bots will eventually come for you.
I don't give a **** what you think your elo is, if nothing is done to stop the bots, they will eventually flood TT in such numbers that they WILLeventually reach your non-ranked elos.
There is no safety from the bots if you want to play normals.

Oh, and the mass of crappy bots in normals completely kills the motivation of new players to stick around, so you can kiss goodbye to any sort of new playerbase expansion that you might have had.

JChaosMaster

09-15-2014

I completely agree these bots need to be stopped. The bots from what I seen only will pick the free picks of the day, will carry ghost and heal in that order. They will switch randomly a few times before locking into a free champ. Maybe if your lucky you will get the "Oh god..." comment which is meant to think a person is there and just really sucks.

My friend is lvl 10 and just started and I was so pumped to show him the Treeline. In my option its better then rift in every way. Only for us to have these stupid bots. At first it was kind of fun when you had 3 of them on a team. I thought I came back to see the lvl 20's true noobs only to find out about 7 matchs later they were bots. I found that out by looking at there items.

I think due qing with him we only had maybe 2 match's where all 6 people were real. And only those were any good because all the rest was who could farm the other teams bot faster. It would have been something if it was a new kind of mission. AkA "protect the stupid npc" kind of thing but it wasn't and because of the no cross filter I couldn't just shout to the other team. "OH 2v2 top leave the bots at home.

Im a lvl 30 so I had no idea any of this is happening for I rarely look at the forms.

Daikoto

09-24-2014

Looks like bots are also going into SR, at least when facing beginner bots. They all run into mid and use basic attacks and die. They run into the turrets sometimes and seem to be smart enough to go back to their turret to recall, but they are horrible to play with as they just feed the opposing mid lane. Just FYI. I hope Riot looks into this soon, I have a feeling it could kill the game if it spreads...