TF halp!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zophir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyalt View Post
94-36 with TF

Skill wise:
PaC
Gate
WC
WC
WC
Destiny
-After that Max out WC, then PaC by the time your 11 if your not doing that much DPS get PaC again over the 2nd upgrade of Destiny, If you find destiny always on CD then pick up the ranked 2, gates always the last one to finish majority of the time.

Item wise:
Sapphire Crystal + 2hp pots
Sheen
Boots lvl1
Catalyst
Boots Usually do Sorc Boots or Mercury Threads (depending on the other team)
upgrade Catalyst to Rod of Ages

-Also make sure you use majority of your mana to collect money, I wouldn't really recommend harassing as much without a sheen, but regardless abuse Gate to go back and forth to get mana.
-usually the game ends for me around that point if it keeps going, I'd upgrade my Sheen to a Lich bane, and build a Deathfire Grasp or Void Staff depending on the other team as well. Or Bashees Viel if I kept getting focused hard. And if it keeps going longer I suggest anything to boost your AP such as a Zhonya's...

I also use Fort & brillance Pots throughout the game to help boost my HP & AP.

The best guide I've read on TF is cFangNasty's thats where majority of my knowledge came, I've tweeked acouple things to my liking.. but overall his guide is killer I suggest looking it up. http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....aka-cfangnasty is the link

Hope that helps.
QFT, this is almost exactly how I play, never seen that guide before though, Kudos for the link.

However, when not soloing mid, it's better to forego the early Rod of Ages and stay with the catalyst in favour of getting a mejai's if you're against baddies or lucky pick --> start of codex (eventually into a grasp). This will allow you to keep laning with your catalyst and even provide gank opportunities that you wouldn't normally get. (300 bonus hp on leveling? Hello tower diving!)

seakitten

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Mage View Post
However, when not soloing mid, it's better to forego the early Rod of Ages and stay with the catalyst in favour of getting a mejai's if you're against baddies or lucky pick --> start of codex (eventually into a grasp). This will allow you to keep laning with your catalyst and even provide gank opportunities that you wouldn't normally get. (300 bonus hp on leveling? Hello tower diving!)
good tips.

I've either had really good success with mejai's or hardly any at all. I first started TF around the guide mentioned and now I'm going back and forth between mejai's and a sheen build.

Why is sheen stressed so much in TF builds? In a gank do you PaC -> WC -> throw gold (which benefits from sheen?). Or is sheen best used just for a follow up with a normal attack/harass since PaC is supposedly weak?

Evangelion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

I dunno about higher ranked players, but I go for sheen as my first item as TF because it helps tremendously in early ganks.

I can gate in behind somebody in the bush, hit them with the sheen proc, pop a gold card on them, hit them again, use wild card on them, and then hit them again.

Sheen roughly doubles the number of hits you can get in during a gate-gank, which makes it crazy useful. It also builds out of mana crystal, which is a great first item, and builds into a lichbane for later game ownage.

Clarithium

01-19-2010

I usually get Meijas first, and at most 15 mins later will have over 10 stacks if the team doesn't suck.

Then I get boots sheen and work towards that item that does 30% of targets current health....