TF halp!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seakitten

01-18-2010

Alright first off I'm enjoying TF so far, but I need some insight/strats from experienced players.

Basically early game I go for Sheen. My friend and I usually lane together and are able to get first blood so I get it early, but once the game goes into team battles I find my wild cards barely scratching enemies and that I have to rely on an enemy getting pulled to get close enough to throw a gold card without being torn apart. Any time an enemy gets low enough to profit from destiny/gate half the time I just go and last hit and basically waste it knowing my team could have finished them from destiny. Mid game (lvl 8-14 or so) I find it hard to deal enough damage and solo an enemy with half hp before they use a disable or ult which renders my gank useless.

So how do my fellow TF's play mid game if they don't solo mid? Should I forget about building a RoA and go for lich asap and get some crit % and rely on golem for cooldown? Or should I just take advantage of his farming ability and get munney until I get what some might consider suvivability? I know there are better carrys but they don't have the hat and cards. I prefer dealing damage to backdooring and pushing towers or relying on gold cards.

<3

bobthegood

01-18-2010

Your lichbane will only be better than your sheen once you get another AP item. If you can get the kills, soulstealer and lichbane should be enough for the early game, but you will be squishy.

Honestly, while I think RoA may be good for TF, I don't see many people get it for him.

hvywpnsguy

01-18-2010

I have 38 wins and 18 losses with Twisted Fate. I am a level 30 summoner.
I have 9/0/21 mastery and full magic penetration and dodge runes for a caster. (19 magic pen and 6.7 dodge) I have ignite and flash as summoner spells.

I usually get wild card first and keep leveling it whenever I have a chance. I don't try to engage into a fight but instead I harrass enemies with wild card until they have low hp. That way, they dont try to kill me and they cant even farm.

The way I throw my wild card is that I try to hit enemies with the side cards--not the middle one. That way, enemies have harder time dodging it because they think the card won't hit them but when they realize it will, it is too late. When I know for sure that I will get a kill, I get a gold card, flash in and ignite+stun+wild card. That usually gets me a kill.

Sometimes enemies are very good at dodging wild card and won't just come near me. Then, I usually grab a gold card and I try to stand between them and creeps. And I use gold card on creeps. Enemies usually approach me when I use up my gold card, so that is when I throw wild card at them while retreating.

the items I get are: (in order)
meki penchant
fiendish codex
level 1 boot
amplifying tomb
turn it into either key or meja's
finish sorc boot
finish deathfire
RoA or Rylai's for Hp or if I am rolling, zhonya's
Then I may get banshee

I try to get as many meja stacks as I can. I usually have average of 13 stacks or so because by the time I get 17 stacks or so, enemies tend to focus on me and I die.

Once you have over 10 stacks on meja's, your wild card will hit really hard and you can spam it over and over.

Also, try to refrain from gold carding then wild carding. Use gold card only when necessary. Just wear them down with wild card.

Greenthumbz

01-18-2010

I am a MASTER twisted fate player, after sheen u must get a nashor's tooth, **** the AP items
trust me
dont **** around anymore, nashors tooth it up
then get another ap item like soulstealer, abyssal scepter or something like that
next should be either a rod of the ages or a banshee veil
(most games your better off with the banshee veil)
try it out

hvywpnsguy

01-18-2010

I just checked profile of Greenthumbz. He is not a master TF player. He lost all the matches and he doesnt even get nashors tooth. Don't listen to that advice. Nachor's tooth is not a good item. You don't need attack speed unless you play dps TF.

seakitten

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
Also, try to refrain from gold carding then wild carding. Use gold card only when necessary. Just wear them down with wild card.
Do you get only the meki pendant and not bring along some mp pots? The first thing I noticed was that if I pump points into wild cards then my mana dies so fast. It works out well if I bring teleport and blue pill once our wave hits their turret, but normally I would harass with a level 1 PaC since it is so mana efficient and makes people run away. I normally use flash/ignite/clairvoyance with teleport depending on the roster.

That item build definitely seems like something that I was/am looking for though, I just don't know about the mana.

hvywpnsguy

01-18-2010

Yes I do. In fact, I bring two mana pots instead of mana pot and healing pot. I advise to stay away from PaC to initiate because by approaching enemy, you create a chance for the enemy to snare, stun, or exhaust you. I would suggest that harrassing with wild card is a much safer way. And yes, wild card is very mana exhausting. I usually run out of mana fast until late game. I tend to go back to blue pill then teleport back. But usually I have one or two mana pots in my inventory for occasions where you run out of mana to use a gold card.

I usually use 4-7 wild cards before I even use one gold card. In team fights, I will bring up PaC then keep pressing Q to spam wild card and try to get gold card. I fail to get a gold card sometimes like this but I seem to be doing okay. Gold card isn't godly anymore because it doesn't group stun. So I find wild card more important in team fights unless a stun is absolutely necessary.

Think of it like this: You can spam wild card every 4 seconds or so. But if you wait till you pick out gold card then use wild card, you are wasting too much time to do damage. I think it is much more necessary to do damage fast enough than stunning someone for a few seconds for a guaranteed wild card.

Florza

01-18-2010

What hvywpnsguy said.. Abuse wild card's ridiculous range. The only time you should be spamming gold cards is during a fight when you're kiting enemies. Usually people will step to the side when they see you use your Q, so aiming to their side usually hits them.

Maggeus

01-19-2010

I now understand why hvywpnsguy left the game I was in when I said I would pick PaC first.

And I'm happy he left.
Saying that you'd be snared or slowed or hell while having a gold card is redundant, since you've got yourself a gold card in your hand.

Next time, try a real argument. PaC uses much less mana than Wild cards, and after trying wild first and PaC first, PaC lets you mindgame the enemy much, much, much more.
That said, level 1 Wild Card is extremely bad, and do not let you harass enough at level 1.

Forgot to say : Pick a Card level 1 saved my life lots and lots of times.

BUBBLEpoppin

01-19-2010

94-36 with TF

Skill wise:
PaC
Gate
WC
WC
WC
Destiny
-After that Max out WC, then PaC by the time your 11 if your not doing that much DPS get PaC again over the 2nd upgrade of Destiny, If you find destiny always on CD then pick up the ranked 2, gates always the last one to finish majority of the time.

Item wise:
Sapphire Crystal + 2hp pots
Sheen
Boots lvl1
Catalyst
Boots Usually do Sorc Boots or Mercury Threads (depending on the other team)
upgrade Catalyst to Rod of Ages

-Also make sure you use majority of your mana to collect money, I wouldn't really recommend harassing as much without a sheen, but regardless abuse Gate to go back and forth to get mana.
-usually the game ends for me around that point if it keeps going, I'd upgrade my Sheen to a Lich bane, and build a Deathfire Grasp or Void Staff depending on the other team as well. Or Bashees Viel if I kept getting focused hard. And if it keeps going longer I suggest anything to boost your AP such as a Zhonya's...

I also use Fort & brillance Pots throughout the game to help boost my HP & AP.

The best guide I've read on TF is cFangNasty's thats where majority of my knowledge came, I've tweeked acouple things to my liking.. but overall his guide is killer I suggest looking it up. http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....aka-cfangnasty is the link

Hope that helps.