Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The new lore of champions is dissatisfying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Ezreal

Recruiter

09-13-2014

All the new lore is super short and I don't think that's the way to go. The lore of a Champion is basically their background and about the champion. For that not to be even in a whole paragraph makes me VERY upset. I feel like there is much more that could be told in a champion's lore. Like Ezreal's and Rammus are like only 3 sentences long. It also does not even define the character at all. Like it doesn't imply or say anywhere in Ezreal's lore that he is cocky. It impliess that he is shy and that's not Ezreal at all, in my opinion. Please, revise and go more into depth on the characters background and personalty.

Thanks for reading.

Onche Onche

09-13-2014

+ Over 9000

mysticalsoap

09-13-2014

that's just your opinion man

Suburbian Surfer

09-13-2014

Quote:
mysticalsoap:
that's just your opinion man

idk I dont know if I have ever played a game where my character has a two sentence description besides maybe a phone app

Baroe

09-13-2014

Glad I'm not the only one who hates the new character lores. Riot has no excuse aside from just being lazy to write such short and and undetailed back stories about champions that already had a unique and well written back story. I might be able to live with some of the changes to the character's lores (Renekton, Nasus, Cassiopeia) but the rest are just ****. They made skarner, a character with a painful, sympathetic lore, into nothing more then a stereotypical guardian, and Xerath, well they just made him a bit of a ******. I really hope more people will say something to riot about this, cause frankly, this is probably the worst thing I've seen them do since I've started playing.

Philomelle

09-14-2014

Quote:
Suburbian Surfer:
idk I dont know if I have ever played a game where my character has a two sentence description besides maybe a phone app

You're missing the joke there.

When the complaints about the new lore first emerged, a Riot employee showed up on the forums and answered them with "Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man". He's making fun of that.

SecretLore

09-14-2014

seriously this has been explained so many times:
These "Lores" are just short introductions to the characters.They are not meant to replace the regular lores at all,but they shall act as a quick summary of the basic aspects of the character,you know as a small introduction for people who just want to know some basic stuff about the character.
Once the updated lores are here(after the shurima event is over) they will add a link to the actual lores on the official website.

Sorry if I am a bit rude here,but there are so many threads about this already,it gets a bit tiring explaining it over and over again.

Arcane Ezreal

Recruiter

09-17-2014

Quote:
SecretLore:
seriously this has been explained so many times:
These "Lores" are just short introductions to the characters.They are not meant to replace the regular lores at all,but they shall act as a quick summary of the basic aspects of the character,you know as a small introduction for people who just want to know some basic stuff about the character.
Once the updated lores are here(after the shurima event is over) they will add a link to the actual lores on the official website.

Sorry if I am a bit rude here,but there are so many threads about this already,it gets a bit tiring explaining it over and over again.

So, why can't the actual lore be in the spot where it says "lore"?

Jikker

09-17-2014

Quote:
Arcane Ezreal:

Because Rito

TerraRising

09-17-2014

Quote:
Arcane Ezreal:

The assumption is:

The game client is being updated and the planned section for "lore" will not be nearly as big as the one currently seen. So, narrative needs to create smaller stories to fit the new space and, HOPEFULLY, the client team will add link to the full story on the website when they get updated.

Which will be between Soon™ and 20-Soon™teen at this rate.

Narrative also says this will encourage non-lore fans to read the full stories. Unless they're written better, I disagree with that sentiment.. but hey, that's just, like, my opinion maaaaan.