Off-tank Ashe viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

streetdr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2011

After I started playing Urgot and easily getting 200+ damage with just Manamune and Brutalizer, I started wondering if this type of build was viable for actual carries, as well as for someone like Urgot. The main idea would be to rush Manamune, Berserker's Greaves and Phantom Dancer, thus getting sufficient attack speed for most of the game while racking up mana by spamming auto attacks and Volley. The next items would be Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart, giving the carry (in this example Ashe, but possibly applicable to others) enhanced survivability and more importantly, mana for Manamune. The sixth item would have to vary by game - Madreds, Last Whisper, Black Cleaver or any other enemy-dependant choice, really.

Thoughts? I haven't tested it yet, but I'll do that soon enough.

Zi0nized

03-19-2011

Too much mana for nothing.

Zi0nized

03-19-2011

Carries are not supposed to get focused regularly in a teamfight so getting frozen heart is a waste of $ . I would suggest some lesser items like Aegis or other's in the 2k Area.

Minahs Day

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zi0nized View Post
Carries are not supposed to get focused regularly in a teamfight so getting frozen heart is a waste of $ . I would suggest some lesser items like Aegis or other's in the 2k Area.
You don't focus carries, GG.

Dutchmasters

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Fate View Post
You don't focus carries, GG.
I think he was trying to say that if your the carry you obviously dont want to get targeted first so you should just be careful instead of wasting money

Minahs Day

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmasters View Post
I think he was trying to say that if your the carry you obviously dont want to get targeted first so you should just be careful instead of wasting money
You're going to get targeted first, as Ashe, after your Infin, Swift, and PDs, you need to get an item like Frozen or Banshee's so when you do get focused you can escape, or stand near a wall to flash out.

streetdr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2011

Well, I just tried this build, and Manamune, Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart only get up to 160 damage, so I'm going to have to say that it doesn't work so well as a damage-dealing build. As a tanky-DPS, it's probably fine.

Zi0nized

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Fate View Post
You're going to get targeted first, as Ashe, after your Infin, Swift, and PDs, you need to get an item like Frozen or Banshee's so when you do get focused you can escape, or stand near a wall to flash out.
If you have good positioning no you won't.

Unless your team composition is something like Ashe, Lux , Teemo, Ezreal and Urgot in which case you might as well build Tank Ashe.

Getting Banshee is Fine, it gives you a free out of jail card and health and mana.

Frozen Heart is a waste, Armor + mana + reduced attack speed... not really any stats a carry is supposed to use in big quantities.