Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

GD do you think the people of ancient earth were smarter than us?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desynkronize

09-12-2014

heck unusually smart?! Or was it because there was just so much to discover back then, and now we are more like trying to solve tough problems.

Heck learning about that Pyramid (i forgot the name the one that is one of the 7 world wonders) and how it'd even be a complicated engineering feat today and they managed to build that without even electricity..

WC3betterthanSC

09-12-2014

rofl building pyramids was easy, just make the slaves do it for you. it's basically the electricity of back then.

Desynkronize

09-12-2014

Idk the documentary I heard stated they were mostly workers not slaves :0

Dynasty Ahri

09-12-2014

Any group is smarter than GD :^)

Nicodemous

09-12-2014

Actually, there are some theories that they had electricity in ancient Egypt. Not enough to power machines capable of moving massive blocks, but enough for small lights and whatnot. I don't know how true or credible it is, but it was some pretty interesting stuff I saw way back in the day on either TLC or Discovery. I mean way back, when they were both still dedicated to actual science and education.

Viralisk

09-12-2014

It's my belief that mostly everything is smarter than the human species today. Even things like beetles and trees.

Nicodemous

09-12-2014

Quote:
Desynkronize:
Idk the documentary I heard stated they were mostly workers not slaves :0

A lot of people don't realize that in the ancient world, slavery was not what we think of as slavery today. Even in the Bible where it is demanded that all slaves be released on Jubilee (every seven years)it had a process that a slave could opt to go through to become a permanent slave and never have to be freed again.

If slavery to them was what we think of it as today, why would such provisions have been needed? Who would have wanted to remain a slave?

Squippit

09-12-2014

If they were, why are they dead? What did they die to that we didn't?

Does that make sense? >_O

Maximum Riven

09-12-2014

Nah man they had help from ancient aliens don't you watch the history channel?

AntiSkillshot

09-12-2014

For what they had for their time? They were fairly smart. Though, I still wonder how the Celtics were able to build Stonehenge. And, no... I really doubt aliens helped them...

You have to remember, intelligence isn't genetic.