Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, How Much Do You Value Our Input Here on the Lore Forums?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Impetual

09-12-2014

Based on recent events, I really think that you don't care about the players that value the lore that Runeterra had.

I don't want retcons, I want to see the champions that I've grown to know and love be developed within the world that I've grown to know and love.

That world includes the Institute of War, and Summoners.

Please, continue the story of the League of Legends, don't retcon it!

NeoJusteBelmont

09-12-2014

Well if all you do is whine whine whine and curse on Riot, you are giving them less reasons to bother.

If you want those back, start delivering it in a cool headed manner.

ICSPps2

09-12-2014

Quote:
Impetual:
Based on recent events, I really think that you don't care about the players that value the lore that Runeterra had.

We don't want retcons, we want to see the champions that we've grown to know and love be developed within the world that we've grown to know and love.

That world includes the Institute of War, and Summoners.

Please, continue the story of the League of Legends, don't retcon it!

And I quote...
Quote:
Riot Opeli:
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. I'd totally click on that!

Impetual

09-12-2014

Quote:
NeoJusteBelmont:
Well if all you do is whine whine whine and curse on Riot, you are giving them less reasons to bother.

If you want those back, start delivering it in a cool headed manner.

And how do you propose I do that? I figured my post was pretty cool headed in the first place.

NeoJusteBelmont

09-12-2014

I'll admit that was my mistake if you feel cool-headed.

Perhaps you should look around, and see about the others that aren't doing it with cool head, like saying that they ARE better writers than Riot. I'm not saying that Riot team are good writers, but to claim superiority like that screams nothing but Small Name Big Ego (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallNameBigEgo)

There are a lot of people like that here, and it's making me sick and I really am that close to leaving this hell not because of Riot's incompetence, but people like that.

Philomelle

09-12-2014

Quote:
NeoJusteBelmont:
I'll admit that was my mistake if you feel cool-headed.

Perhaps you should look around, and see about the others that aren't doing it with cool head, like saying that they ARE better writers than Riot. I'm not saying that Riot team are good writers, but to claim superiority like that screams nothing but Small Name Big Ego (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallNameBigEgo)

There are a lot of people like that here, and it's making me sick and I really am that close to leaving this hell not because of Riot's incompetence, but people like that.

You've been promising to leave this hell for three days now, yet you stay and have so far brought nothing to the discussion beyond cherry-picking others' posts for things to insult and belittle them with. I don't like to be this vicious but truth be told, plenty of us are waiting with anticipation for when you finally stop trolling this board.

NeoJusteBelmont

09-12-2014

As long as there are people cherry picking those who have a positive outlook and have faith in Riot, or probably thinking that their writing story is fine, I would continue that. Honestly I really don't want to be vicious or going around to say "Old lore sucks and can just go to hell and I won't be missing it. Good riddance, that'll shut your entitled pompous asses up by making you leave!" or things on that level. That would be utterly vicious of me and I'd rather not get into that level.

But as long as there are those who strike on those who DARES having a positive outlook, I am getting nearer and nearer to that level. I'm not saying you should stop. You do what you want, but to me, the one deserving disrespect isn't Riot, but this unpleasable crowd.

Philomelle

09-12-2014

Quote:
NeoJusteBelmont:
As long as there are people cherry picking those who have a positive outlook and have faith in Riot, or probably thinking that their writing story is fine, I would continue that. Honestly I really don't want to be vicious or going around to say "Old lore sucks and can just go to hell and I won't be missing it. Good riddance, that'll shut your entitled pompous asses up by making you leave!" or things on that level. That would be utterly vicious of me and I'd rather not get into that level.

But as long as there are those who strike on those who DARES having a positive outlook, I am getting nearer and nearer to that level. And you know, if I am to suggest condescendingly, I will say that the brigade shall come and say I'm putting a slander against those who are 'good writers, or at least better than Riot'. In about a few minutes.

So you are being intentionally toxic and abrasive in order to shut down discussion on this board. Thank you for confirming that.

Off to Riot Support I go.

NeoJusteBelmont

09-12-2014

Oh, you can? Well, I'm going too! Because we have a different case of toxic here!

Where's that? Though if your aim is to ban me from the Lore Discussion, well that's good too. It'll help me avoid this hell better.

That and if I'm writing a temporary "Farewell", this isn't the proper place.

EDIT: Aaand it's done. I hope Riot listens. If you don't see me postin' anymore, that means my plea of self-suspension have been fulfilled. I have to thank you, because usually forums don't let someone request suspension for themselves. But with you also upping for suspension, this can go smoother. In case you're wondering, this is where I go for support: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/

LordHippoman

Recruiter

09-12-2014

Oh, come on, guys. This shouldn't be what we spend our time on. The Lore changes are divisive, but we don't need to bicker amongst ourselves and start trying to get eachother banned. You've both made valid points, there's no need to go for eachother's jugulars over a petty Lore slapfight.