Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gnar x Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OuttaControl56

09-12-2014

Quote:
Atik L Yar:
Ships and romance are complex. Just because they're not banging doesn't mean its not a ship.

And Shyv/J4 got called into question WAY back with the Quinn release, where Riot started shipping Jarquinn.

Romance does not = banging.

But Gnar already snuggles with everyone, as I said. Does that mean RenGNar is a ship? Why is it so exclusive to Shyvana? She could see Gnar as a cutie but that doesn't mean she loves him...

I think a friendship is good enough, let's not kid ourselves and take an adorable sort of friendship and ship it as romance.

Atik L Yar

09-12-2014

Quote:
SchaakaKon:
Has Shyvana been retconed into a pedophile? Gnars ama Riot said he was 4 years old, unless im mistaken

Huh, I don't remember that.

But, regardless, he's also of a different species. So we don't know what his lifespan might actually be, or how fast he might mature.

Atik L Yar

09-12-2014

Quote:
OuttaControl56:
Romance does not = banging.

But Gnar already snuggles with everyone, as I said. Does that mean RenGNar is a ship? Why is it so exclusive to Shyvana? She could see Gnar as a cutie but that doesn't mean she loves him...

I think a friendship is good enough, let's not kid ourselves and take an adorable sort of friendship and ship it as romance.

It's not exclusive.

As I explained in my post on the first page, Shyvana and Gnar have a fair bit of similarities that can lead to the two of them having a connection with each other. Rengar would be more of a father figure.

Even if not romantically, a pairing of Shyvana and Gnar makes sense, due to the fact that Gnar is someone Shyvana can actually have a similarity to. It would be a rarity for her, I imagine.

SchaakaKon

09-12-2014

Quote:
Atik L Yar:
Huh, I don't remember that.

But, regardless, he's also of a different species. So we don't know what his lifespan might actually be, or how fast he might mature.

Still, i would imagine Shyvana would have very very little patience and from Shivs lore shes a teen (w/e age a teen for a half-dragon is) but id imagine Shyv would have the attitude of a 16 year old.

Heres how i see Gnar x Shy working out.
Shy: "Cha, Stop following me you Dork!"
Gnar "Ta-Koba ~ HeHaHa!"
Then Shyvana would grab Gnar by his head and spike him, Gnar would transform, Shy would transform and they fight to the death of one of them.

OuttaControl56

09-12-2014

Quote:
Atik L Yar:
It's not exclusive.

As I explained in my post on the first page, Shyvana and Gnar have a fair bit of similarities that can lead to the two of them having a connection with each other. Rengar would be more of a father figure.

Even if not romantically, a pairing of Shyvana and Gnar makes sense, due to the fact that Gnar is someone Shyvana can actually have a similarity to. It would be a rarity for her, I imagine.

No, they aren't. Shyvanna is sulky, Gnar throws temper tantrums.

Shyv. is much closer to Tryndamere, as I've said before. Tryndamere is an angry man Shyvana isn't very nice either.

And a 'connection' is so vague. Friendship? Romance? Forbidden love? Can you... You know... Be clear with what you mean by a ship?

Friendship I can understand, but what you're implying isn't friendship, it's a ship.

GenociderX

09-12-2014

Calling Xano....Calling Xano... where are you Xano? lol

GenociderX

09-12-2014

Quote:
OuttaControl56:
No, they aren't. Shyvanna is sulky, Gnar throws temper tantrums.

Shyv. is much closer to Tryndamere, as I've said before. Tryndamere is an angry man Shyvana isn't very nice either.

And a 'connection' is so vague. Friendship? Romance? Forbidden love? Can you... You know... Be clear with what you mean by a ship?

Friendship I can understand, but what you're implying isn't friendship, it's a ship.

Not to mention Gnar is a child

IMTOOJUICY

09-12-2014

I could see Anivia taking Gnar under her wing HAR HAR HAR and showing him the way of the new world. They have a lot of stuff in common, they both hail from ancient times and they both transform from time to time (Mega Gnar, Eggnivia)!

Anivia: Now, Gnar, repeat after me. Frejlord!

Gnar: Freelo!

Anivia: No, not freelo. Frejlord!

Gnar: Freelo!

Anivia: *sigh*

Gnar: Noob! Cancer! AIDS!

Anivia: No more LoL for you, young man.

IMTOOJUICY

09-12-2014

Quote:
SchaakaKon:
Has Shyvana been retconed into a pedophile? Gnars ama Riot said he was 4 years old, unless im mistaken

well , how about Gnar x Nidalee then?

- they both transform
- they're both kinda furry
- she likes younger men

Heck, it's not even OOC for Nid. I see nothing wrong with this!

inb4 chrishansen

Xano501

09-12-2014

Quote:
GenociderX:
Calling Xano....Calling Xano... where are you Xano? lol

****ING ****TY WukongxAhri!, all peoples who ship Wukong/Ahri are fool!

TurkeyPoliceStomp.jpg