Release Notes v1.0.0.110

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OKG Jane

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnnex View Post
so another soraka "change" huh
ya the less early more late game heals are fine lets pretend they even out so why is the 0.9 ap ratio necessary havent you nerfed the heal enough taric has a .9 ap ratio heal and even more if it's self heal and he heals 2 targets he gives a better aura and has a stun instead of a silence so lets just say that ever champ is designed to fill a role in the composition. WHAT DOES SORAKA DO NOW?
i've played soraka for over 500 wins (cause that's what u record) and i dont think i can play her anymore. this is either the 5th or 6th nerf... i mean (change) in a roll and never for the better from the cd nerfs to both heals to base heal nerfs infuse nerf(which now is the same as a mana potion early and no one needs mana late game even if they do soraka cant provide cause of the high mana cost) what is there to do before this patch i still played soraka cause of the 1.0 ap ratio and it made things alright with full cool downs and a lot of ap items a targetable heal makes her so much better than sona and that's what i lived by.but now what does she do now? what are u gonna do next cut her heal in half and goes half to target and half to self like sona/taric? if you dont want soraka just delete her like you did to promote i've played her for so long and if you can allow champs to completely replace her in everyway then do it cause as of this patch there is no point in having her at all in every situation
wall of text

Ryudoma

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomoxKun View Post
tbh. I hate it. the runes thing makes me terribly mad. I spend all of my money on countless rune pages, and now they are worthless. You guys need to stop making changes that make the game even for level 1's compared to level 30's. level 30>level 1. it should not be level 1=level 30. Level 30's are level 30 because they spent much time playing the game, and spend money on runes. Level 1's are not as good because they are new and have not put in a lot of time yet. Please consider revising this. When level 1's work hard, they eventually get better, which is good. You guys focus too much on what makes things more even, than focusing on what levels should have better stuff because of amount of time spent playing the game. Please, in the future, don't make these big changes.

DomoXKun.
Fixed.

All leveling up means, in ANY game, is that you spent X amount of hours, minutes, seconds playing the game to grind yourself up to that level. It doesn't mean you're actually a good player.

That's what I think they were trying to do with the runes. They were trying to make the game more skill-based by making you use the resources available in-game as opposed to just playing a lot, farming IP, and buying the best upgrades so you become OP and rape everyone.

By doing this though, they pretty much screwed everyone over who spent all their IP on runes, and they don't seem to have any intention of refunding anyone's IP, in any form, anytime soon.

I also can't agree on a more expensive Doran's. Not if the stats aren't increased to offset the cost.

If I have to spend all my starting money on a single item, an item that can't be built into anything else as well, it better be a **** good item.
For example: Doran's Sword, it should be something like

Cost: 475g
+200 HP, +16 damage, +6% lifesteal

This would help offset the cost of the potion and be more useful throughout the game.

I think their reasoning behind this was if people have less net health (less survivability), people will die easier, making people want to try to get kills more often, meaning more active play, but the opposite is going to happen now because no one wants to get killed in the process of trying to kill an enemy hero.

Instead of active play, people will be more passive knowing they can't take what damage happens while laneing in the early levels and still be able to survive long enough in the lane to get a kill. Now, people will sit back, and defensively harass (if they can), until they've either taken too much damage and have to go back, or they level up high enough to increase their survivability.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking about the mana regen. This is a place where they boast about lower cooldowns, and higher regen and then they pull this.

Way to go Riot.

yrureadnmyname

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Patch FAIL!

Why nerf a fully functional rune system to make people that just started playing more equal to players that have been playing for months and/or years? Congrats you just slapped every level 20+ in the face and said NO RUNES FOR YOU!

and why the price leap on doran items so not worth it for the increase in the performance value

though in the interest of fairness the champ nerfs dont seem too uncalled for they will just take some adaptation.

RhynoD

02-02-2011

While I appreciate that Rammus can be a bit ridiculous, he's really only stupid against stupid characters. He really doesn't need nerfing, or at least not that way. Nerf his passive by like, 5%. But the slow from the roll? Last game I just played I couldn't taunt half the people after hitting them with the roll. If I can't taunt after rolling into them, that defeats half the point of the roll. Sure, keep the duration low, but the percent slowed needs to stay where it was.

BlueFrame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2011

I don't understand this patch, shouldn't they promote players to get runes since its like the sugar on top designed to actually make a difference during early gameplay or rather MAKE A DIFFERENCE in general? Instead, they made it so that players who don't have runes get pretty much the same effect.

So what happens to all those players that bought runes (my self included)?

Do we get refunds (probably not but still going ask)? Since I could probably buy several more champions with the amount of IP that I spent.

and is there really a point in getting runes now? I mean since all lvl's are pretty much the same with or wihtout runes, why get them.

eg. Health quints before can help you survive alot longer early game because of the extra 96 (flat health quints) or so health it grants you. But now, your still paying 2050 IP (x3 for health quints=6150) for 78 health... I know some people think that 18 health isn't much. But I'd rather spend that IP on a new teir 3 champion now since any player can have similar stats without health quints at all.

What is everyone's opinion on this rune matter? Upvote for agreeing and Downvote for Disagreeing
(This might encourage some trolling but oh well)

P.S this reply is regarding the rune nerf. It has nothing to do with champ nerfs or buffs.

MagusGothica

02-02-2011

I don't have issues with the actual patch as much as I do with the community response. I just started playing the game recently and felt like I had just learned what was going on. I learned how to rune properly, how to lane, etc. I felt I had a good grasp on what was going on early game, what was going on late game. I feel as though this patch is going to change a few of the game dynamics I thought I was used to.

I'm really disappointed with the LoL community. What I was hoping for is a constructive, intelligent response from people who have actually played games post-patch, and how it affects gameplay. Instead I get mindless capslock'd responses about generally useless things like individual champions, certain runes, post ratings, and Guinsoo's beard.

What I want to see:

1. How does the loss of early game health affect game play? Is it easier to snag kills early game?

2. Apparently mana regen runes are useless now, according to hundreds of OMG THIS BLOWS REFUND MY IP responses. Can anyone confirm this? Does higher base mana regen mean you really don't run out of mana? If you no longer need them, what do you suggest runing instead? Should I build with a Meki Pendant, or no?

3. How do the changes to individual champions actually play out in-game? Is Teemo really impossible to kill? How hard does Renekton hit?

These are the things I need to know. Because this thread is just ******ed. I really wish somebody would go about making guides to how patches ACTUALLY affect gameplay. I haven't gotten a single relevant piece of information in this thread. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Also, WTB moar Caitlyn skins. The available ones suck.

OHFKRENGARPLSNOO

02-02-2011

Disappointing patch. The last thing the game needed was to nerf the dorans only good reason to buy them, aka the fact that you could get an hp potion as well (because everyone knows mana potions are worthless). The fact that you messed with runes I'm not too fond of either, because of the fact that with the decreased stats they aren't worth as much anymore, plain and simple. You aren't going to change the price of them though, so all in all people will still spend as much money on them as those in the past, it's just not good practice to weaken things people work hard to earn, as they can only get these items by playing your game.

Another thing, If the mana regeneration runes and such was for the level gap in players, why don't you just make the lower tier runes a little bit better. In all honesty, tier 1's are garbage, 2's arent worth what they give, so i dont see why anyone would buy runes before tier 3. Maybe you should fix that instead of messing with the entire level 30 metagame.

death rot

02-02-2011

U KILLED MY POOR LITTLE CAPTAIN TEEMO'S W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats wrong with u guys

BlueFrame

Recruiter

02-02-2011

MagusGothica

1. How does the loss of early game health affect game play? Is it easier to snag kills early game?

2. Apparently mana regen runes are useless now, according to hundreds of OMG THIS BLOWS REFUND MY IP responses. Can anyone confirm this? Does higher base mana regen mean you really don't run out of mana? If you no longer need them, what do you suggest runing instead? Should I build with a Meki Pendant, or no?

Answer

1) The loss of health makes it harder and easier to snag kills.
Harder: Once you initiate on an enemy champ, the enemy creeps will now do alot more dmg than before making it hard to sustain your initiation.
Easier: The enem has less health now but so do you. So its more of who has more minions on their side and who takes the first hit.

2) Mana regen runes were disgned so that it could open up a slot for you in the beginning so that casters won't need a mana regen item in the beginning, instead they can get another item such as more AP etc. But now since the runes were nerfed, all those people that bought mana regen runes for their caster champs, just effectively through IP out the window since you no longer need it. Yes the more regen the merrier BUT those IP would have been better off spent on other things like CDR runes or something along the lines if we knew this was going to happen.
All in all current caster champs (i've tested out lux, janna, morg, and zil so far) do not really need mana regen items in the beginning without mana regen items. (unless you plan on spamming spells every time your spells are up regardless. I DO NOT OWN MANA REGEN RUNES). So effectively they do not run out of mana if you play normally

Hope this clears things up for you MagusGothica ^^

Kyprioth

02-02-2011

Really Riot?