Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle - When all lanes are losing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jiujitsuPhD

09-11-2014

What do you do? Is there any way to carry and change this around? I was playing last night and by the time I was level 3/4 it seemed each lane was down. I guess one thing I need to do it communicate to them at that point. But should I focus on just one lane and help them while the others just stay in their turrets and farm?

Sephïroth

09-11-2014

This is always tough as a Jungler, but its not impossible to deal with. Not saying you will win, but you have to find the lane that is competent but is either unlucky or getting camped by the enemy Jungler. You can often find this by watching a lane, if someone is just imposing their will but is still behind in kills, but ahead in CS - They are a good match.

Sometimes its just not possible to find that and you have to do your best with what you have. Ward the enemy Jungle, who is probably the reason they are so far behind. Counter gank the hell out of them. Chances are if they are ahead they are going to press the issue. Make them pay, a counter gank on a gank can easily change the momentum of the game.

Which brings me to my next point: Momentum. Often, a game starts snowballing out of control early. As a Jungler, you have to find a way to turn that momentum around. Maybe its 1 kill bot lane, find their Jungler low in their own Jungle, a counter gank to turn a double kill for the enemy into a triple kill for your team, a Dragon Steal, an epic tower dive (A failed one can be an adverse effect, so know what you're doing), etc.

The most important thing to remember though: Don't get behind. If you neglect your Jungling duties, you will fall behind in EXP, GOLD, Etc. As long as you keep doing your camps inbetween your ganks, you should be able to keep up. If not, the enemy will just keep snowballing until there is no chance.

A few honorable mentions: Don't press, if there is no kill there don't go there. Your team may rage, but if you can't get a kill/tower/some objective, don't go. Its a waste of your time.

Don't keep ganking for a lane that's incompetent. If the laner can't help you get a kill, don't help him. Help another lane that can. If someone's feeding uncontrollably, just let him. Deal with the fed threat later. Get another lane fed and have them help you.

Just remember: a 55% Winning percentage is a good percentage(I think mine's like 53-4%), meaning you're doing great if you lose 45% of the time. You can't win them all(Unless you're smurfing :P) Just take a deep breathe, go for a walk. Do something between a bad loss besides going back into another game. That bitter taste WILL carry over into the next game and lower your play in it.

APakOfWildNeds

09-11-2014

One of the biggest things you can do is NOT flame at them in chat, give up hope in chat, etc. When you say "GG" in chat 5 minutes in, then you are probably right. I have seen some amazing comebacks because people were not willing to give up. Just farm, and bide your time. Wait on them to mess up. They eventually will. #theThrows

Best of luck,
Neds

SpaceToad

09-11-2014

Quote:
jiujitsuPhD:
What do you do? Is there any way to carry and change this around? I was playing last night and by the time I was level 3/4 it seemed each lane was down. I guess one thing I need to do it communicate to them at that point. But should I focus on just one lane and help them while the others just stay in their turrets and farm?

Quickly mute everyone, because the hell storm about how it is YOUR fault that everyone lost their lane is about to be unleashed. YOU NEVER GANKED. YOU ARE THE WORST JUNGLE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! UNINSTALL UNINSTALL!!!!

ConceptStyx

09-11-2014

As people have said above its mostly about finding a lane to gank (or even camp) that will be the most helpful.... for example if a zed is beating a yasuo in cs but is getting camped by the enemy warwick help out the zed, but at the same time, try getting a sightstone or some wards, as the other lanes are probably doing poorly due to not seeing the enemy jungler until its too late, and in lower elos there is this common attitude of "only the support and jungler should get wards" but whatever

jiujitsuPhD

09-11-2014

Thanks for the tips. this gives me some options to consider. And yes I never talk on chat unless is positive and I ignore anyone being negative.

GundayMonday

Recruiter

09-11-2014

Just realize that if your lanes are dying 1v1 BEFORE you're level 3, they are probably bad players and don't know what they're doing. This is true probably 70% of the time. So realize that the lane that goes all in at level 1 or level 2 AND LOSES, probably isn't going to win itself even if you pull off some amazing ganks and get them ahead. If these idiots are raging at you, politely ask them to play safer and focus on cs since they're behind. If they keep raging at you, muterino.

Best thing you can do in a situation where ALL lanes are losing is to farm. Farm their minions in lane (don't let the tower eat them). Farm your jungle. Farm the enemy jungle (and leave one small creep) if the enemy jungler is busy killing your laners on the other side of the map. Farm, farm, farm, farm since you'll need to carry.

Sepha has some good advice about watching your friendly laners to see if any of them are competent. When afk farming wraiths in your jungle, take a peek at the other lanes. See if they look mechanically sound. Check the creepscore to see if they're catching up or staying even with the enemy. These are signs of good players that may have just been unlucky and hit a lag spike early. If you feed them gold, they can probably help you out. I would gank for these lanes over the idiot raging at me after feeding 3 kills pre 10 mins 1v1.

You also want to focus on dragons to stay in the game. Most junglers can solo dragon from level 5 onward (some can do it earlier, most can do it at level 5). Any time the enemy jungler shows top lane, do dragon. I like to pink inside the pit and will solo it if not warded. A dragon is worth 180g + 10g/dragon's level per team member. So a level 2 dragon is worth 1000g for your team. That's 3.33 kills worth of gold. You also get 150-600 exp. Minions give ~30exp (caster) or ~58exp (melee), so a dragon is ~1 wave worth of exp mid game, and more later. The exp given to your team is dramatically higher if they are lower level than the dragon too, so it's a fantastic objective for catching back up.

My two cents, hope that helps!

FantasySniper

09-11-2014

Go for the lane that will best receive a gank - usually possesses easy CC and/or damage that you may not - and pressure them until you can stomp the enemy laner, repeat the process elsewhere whenever possible.

Even getting the enemy laner to think twice before making an extended play can make your laners safer.