Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2 ADC questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visom

09-11-2014

1. I own Vayne and Lucian, in what kind of situation or team comp would one of them be better in?

2. How do I effectively teamfight when my team would not protect and peel for me? I've been in a situation where my team raged at me for not going in, but if I did went in I would've been stunned and killed, and the enemy had an entire team of divers.

Thanks for any advice!

Tundra3201

09-11-2014

1. Lucian is usually a better pick, but both are similar in the way that they have to put themselves at risk to fight thanks to their short ranges.

Sephïroth

09-11-2014

Vayne is more of a late game beast, Lucian is more of an early game beast. Vayne is slightly less mobile but has a stealth mechanic that's great for getting her out of some trouble, Lucian is slightly more mobile but his DPS requires him to really play his positioning very well in order to prosper. Lucian also has a game breaking ultimate, Vayne just destroys tanks.

Both are deadly in the right hands, play what you like. If you are unsure, there are free champions every week, play them.

As far as teamfighting with ADCs its difficult. You have to keep moving. After every auto attack, move. I don't care where, just move somewhere. Once you get used to having to move, you will learn more of where to move and where not to. ADC is the MOST complicated in terms of mechanics, as you have to keep clicking champions and clicking the map.

You should NEVER be alone as an ADC, always follow someone. If you're in a teamfight, kite the enemy around someone who's close to you so they can peel while you do damage.

Remember your number one job as the ADC is to do DPS. Not to get kills, kill priority targets, etc. You need to just keep chipping away at whoever you can attack without getting killed. If you die, DPS dies. Don't die.

I'd say in Bronze 89% of people don't know what an ADC is supposed to do, in Silver 50%, in Gold 25%. Just get used to it. Ignore people you know are wrong and just show them how to play.

If you want to better your mechanics further, check out LeagueCraft 101 on Youtube, this guy goes in depth about mechanics and honestly is the stem of most of my basics. Almost all of my mechanics were taught by his videos.