Gold farming items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombeh

01-31-2011

Do you guys think they're worth it? In my opinion they are, because nobody else gets them, so end game you always end up having the best items. What gold item do you think is best to buy (avarice, HoG, kage, philosopher)? How many do you think are worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Carados

01-31-2011

The best "gold item" is Heart of Gold because it's a good item if you ignore the gold/5 part.

That's not a "farming" item. However.

And stacking them is dumb.

Zombeh

01-31-2011

Why is stacking them dumb, though? I don't see the problem with this unless the game progression is going extremely fast (i.e. yours or the opposing team pulls off more than two turrets in the beginning of the game, so you need equips fast to get a stronger advantage or prevent the opposition from doing the same). For instance, in a rougly 50 minute normal game I was playing, I got items worth about 16k gold. The other people got items worth about 7k... HUGE advantage..

I know I'm overseeing something and being noob (I know you're put at a disadvantage begin game for not getting good equips, this is for slow games in particular) if nobody agrees with stacking them, but can someone please show me what this is? I don't stack them if I start losing badly or winning badly begin to mid game, but because they DO stack, I get WAY more gold than everyone who doesn't use them, and it's a way better advantage late game. Enlighten me please?

Dakkas

01-31-2011

lrn2maths

You will need 32.5 minutes before you have recouped the cost of the Heart of Gold and then god knows how long before the 30 gold per minute allows you to get more items.

That is over half an hour for one Heart of Gold. This only increases once you have more of them. Unless you enjoy playing games that are over an hour then they are not profitable investments if you stack them.

And I call bs on your 16k items and 7k items. If it's true then it's not because of the Hearts of Gold. Assuming you had 4 of them (lol), that equates to 120 a minute. Let's just pretend that you somehow had them from the beginning of the match (lol), so that's 50 x 120 which = 6000 gold.

You then minus the cost of the 4 Heart of Golds which is 3900. This leaves you with a profit of 2100 gold.

Last time I checked, 16k minus 7k does not equal 2k.

Carados

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombehLegend View Post
Why is stacking them dumb, though?
You could spend the gold on items which let you farm better due to being able to kill the other player, sustain harass, or so on, last hit better, win baron and dragon fights...

And that way you get to be useful if a fight happens!

Heart of Gold is also good because it builds into one of the two best defensive items in the game.

InvestmentBankplank is the worst build.

Zombeh

01-31-2011

Alright... tbh I'm exaggerating the 7k(unintentionally (it was more like 12-14k?) a LOT... But I DID calculate it and my equips were worth 16.6k.. I see your point, though... Consider not getting HoG's for gold farming then? I really noobed out there without calculating anything myself, but it's definitely not worth it... I wish greed had 5 gold / sec... =(

Thanks, now I'll actually make good use of my gold now O_O

Carados

01-31-2011

Don't expect to get 16.6k gold of items in every game.

And learn to last hit. There's no reason you shouldn't be getting almost every creep in every wave.

Zombeh

01-31-2011

Oh I KNOW I won't get that much in every game.. And I do last hit, but I'm starting to use Twitch, who is good but has no CC... Since I'm just starting I'm going top/bot so I don't feed mid, and without CC I get ksed by people that DO have CC. I was just hoping for another way to earn money, but I guess I better get good with Twitch. XD

Icarus Penna

02-01-2011

Actually, you can stack them if you expect the game to last really long. I've seen many champions having 5 of those items, and 1 boots, really own after 45 minutes. But still it's very speculative and is not wise generally. So, generally no, unless you really know what you're doing.

Gunflame

02-01-2011

Personally I swear and live by Philosopher stone on some of my champions. Particularly Chogath. He LOVES Philosopher stone as first item.