Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patch stuck at 230mb (86%) on new install.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sgt Lemon Pack

09-10-2014

I just downloaded league on my new pc, and every time i start league, it patches to 86% (230mb) then drops to 0kbps, and doesn't go any farther.... Anyone know how to fix this? I tried it with AND without P2P enabled.

XxxMangoxxX

09-11-2014

Same I have the exact same problem is it something with the riot?

IS1a9e0858578728dad091c

09-12-2014

Same here!

DubiousAlliance

09-12-2014

Mine got stuck on 82%, but otherwise the same.

pppwwwnnn

09-12-2014

yeah same for me my mac won't download the game and is stuck right there

Pinsan

Recruiter

09-12-2014

me too, 230mb 86% 0kbps anyone help?

ziyou zhanshi

09-12-2014

Hi guys, I had the same problem (wanted to reinstall the game because the game folder blew up to 30 GB...another bug some people encounter) and I was able to fix it after trying different things that didn't work. Here's how I did it:

- close the game (make sure all relevant processes are gone, like 2x LoLPatcher, LoLLauncher, rads_user_kernel)
- go to the game folder, navigate to rads\solutions\ and delete the folder "lol_game_client_sln"
- navigate to rads\projects\ and delete the folder "lol_launcher"
- restart the game

After this my game could patch without a problem and I was finally able to press LAUNCH!

I did run into another problem tho, after champ select my game would just instantly crash and bugsplat would pop up. I also solved that problem: restart the client, hit the gear wheel on the top right and click "Repair". The patcher downloaded another few hundred MB and after that my game was completely fixed and I was able to play again!

Warning: one should backup the folder "Config" in the main game folder and also the files <shared_summonername.properties> and <summonername.properties> (summonername stands for your name in the game) in the folder \rads\projects\lol_air_client\releases\<highest number>\deploy\preferences , because in those files there are all the settings and also the Item Sets if you have any.

Hope I was able to help some of you.

CnE Strife

09-13-2014

I'll try this out, but It is annoying that it doesn't have a "continue" feature. Having to Update 2.3 gbs every time we try to start over is a bit much for some.

ViciousSinister

09-13-2014

I just waited it out the % started to move after a few minutes...but the (KBps) stayed at 0 the entire time.

ReLahKs The DUCK

09-13-2014

do you know how to fix it for mac?