Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


LF Christian men and women (and anyone who enjoys discussions of faith/religion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinornim

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
Ir0nt0mato:
Thanks, Sinornim. I just want to understand everyone better. The only reason I'm posting again is to keep the offer on the table and better understand everyone as to why this is such a touchy subject on GD.


It shouldn't be, but there are trolls here who use the aspect of religion to ruffle jimmies, either insulting it or using it as a pedestal to insult others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ir0nt0mato

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
XxNyanGoesBoomxX:
Ayo, Christian here.

Fair warning, "Christian" isn't a very good term for it. There's Catholic, Protestant, etc.

If you want true Christianity, read the Hebrew translations of the Bible. If you want Modern Christianity, be specific on who you're looking for.
I'm of the former, myself.

Pleasure to meet someone open-minded on GD.

I'm about as pure as a Christian as you can get, and I get it's a broad title, but Paul in the Bible made it quite clear that we as Christians shouldn't be divided. I follow Christ, therefore I am a Christian.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxNyanGoesBoomxX

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
Ir0nt0mato:
I'm about as pure as a Christian as you can get, and I get it's a broad title, but Paul in the Bible made it quite clear that we as Christians shouldn't be divided. I follow Christ, therefore I am a Christian.


1 Kings 18:21 - Elijah went before the people and said, "How long
will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him;
but if Baal is God, follow him." But the people said nothing.

Hate to break it to you, but truth is not relative. I can prove that logically if you want, and never once did our Lord say that it was alright to encourage potentially hurtful things simply because truth is relative and people don't want to change for the better.

If I'm going to follow my Lord, I'm going to follow Him through the words left by people who honestly believed, that one letter out of place in their scripture could mean the end of the world;
not bastardized variations created through Catholicism and Protestantism, etc.
I'm Christian, entirely, in the words that Christ and the Lord's prophets left for us.


In my opinion, should you willingly commit sinful and hurtful acts and then say, "Well, I'm just not THAT kind of Christian! I'm a special kind of Christian where doing that is allowed!" then you're just avoiding the Truth and the Lord's Way, and not what I would define as "Christian."
This doesn't imply I'm hateful toward my "Christian" kin. I was told to love those people regardless, and shine the Lord's light. I've seen how that works wonders myself, since I was originally agnostic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masticatorr

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
XxNyanGoesBoomxX:
snippety snip


I think OP just likes talking about religion, so no reason to already bring up the bible studies here. Belief is purely opinion when it comes down to it (In that sense anyways), so I can only hope any discussion isn't a rage fest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxNyanGoesBoomxX

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
Masticatorr:
I think OP just likes talking about religion, so no reason to already bring up the bible studies here. Belief is purely opinion when it comes down to it (In that sense anyways), so I can only hope any discussion isn't a rage fest.


^Thread title
He asked for a discussion, I can bring that. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorious Hunter

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Atheist reporting in and ready to play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ir0nt0mato

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
XxNyanGoesBoomxX:
1 Kings 18:21 - Elijah went before the people and said, "How long
will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him;
but if Baal is God, follow him." But the people said nothing.

Hate to break it to you, but truth is not relative. I can prove that logically if you want, and never once did our Lord say that it was alright to encourage potentially hurtful things simply because truth is relative and people don't want to change for the better.

If I'm going to follow my Lord, I'm going to follow Him through the words left by people who honestly believed, that one letter out of place in their scripture could mean the end of the world;
not bastardized variations created through Catholicism and Protestantism, etc.
I'm Christian, entirely, in the words that Christ and the Lord's prophets left for us.


In my opinion, should you willingly commit sinful and hurtful acts and then say, "Well, I'm just not THAT kind of Christian! I'm a special kind of Christian where doing that is allowed!" then you're just avoiding the Truth and the Lord's Way, and not what I would define as "Christian."
This doesn't imply I'm hateful toward my "Christian" kin. I was told to love those people regardless, and shine the Lord's light. I've seen how that works wonders myself, since I was originally agnostic.

I think you've got me figured out all wrong. I 100% agree with you. I literally couldn't be any more on your side with what you've just said. With all that being said, I'm still not going to deny talking to other Christians and discussing with them. I get that there is only one way to follow God and that we are not to bastardize our text, but to win the Catholic/Protestant to the truth you have to do it with love and prayer and most of all create a dialogue.

A Christian is a man who follows Christ, not a man who imputes his own words into the word of God, that's who I deem a Christian, but I'm not going to deny a man who doesn't think that way my time, we are the salt of the earth and as such must lead those who don't know better to the truth. This includes all those who says they are Christians even if their fruits are not showing such to be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norscout

Senior Member

09-09-2014

I agree nerf yasuo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxNyanGoesBoomxX

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Quote:
Ir0nt0mato:
I think you've got me figured out all wrong. I 100% agree with you. I literally couldn't be any more on your side with what you've just said. With all that being said, I'm still not going to deny talking to other Christians and discussing with them. I get that there is only one way to follow God and that we are not to bastardize our text, but to win the Catholic/Protestant to the truth you have to do it with love and prayer and most of all create a dialogue.

A Christian is a man who follows Christ, not a man who imputes his own words into the word of God, that's who I deem a Christian, but I'm not going to deny a man who doesn't think that way my time, we are the salt of the earth and as such must lead those who don't know better to the truth. This includes all those who says they are Christians even if their fruits are showing such to be.


Praise the Lord, you exist.
I'm so happy I'm not the only one. ;w; Bless you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

Senior Member

09-09-2014

Stop downvoting the guy -.- There is no harm in a guy looking for other people who like to discuss religion to play with.