Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Game Type Maybe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlivverDarkWing

09-08-2014

Hello everybody! I love reading the lore behind champions, and I had an idea. We have seen Mirror Mode, Doom Bots, and Ultra-Rapid-Fire Mode. What about a mode based on rivalries? Such as Nasus and Renekton, Rengar and Kha'zix, Warwick and Soraka and so forth. Here is what I am thinking. Maybe have it set up like Team Builder, you pick your character and lane, lock in and get ready, but what ever character you pick, if they have a rival, it automatically sets you against that character in the appropriate lane. Nasus and Renekton would be up top, Rengar and Kha'zix in the Jungle, Jinx and Caitlyn down in Bottom, and Graves and Twisted Fate Mid. Some of it might break the meta a little, but I think that would be alright. As an incentive perhaps when rivals get kills on each other, they get a little more gold and in game experience? I know that already happens in game, but perhaps take it a little further?Perhaps even have a special mode of Aram? Instead of on Summoners Rift? Ideas and thoughts?

Akamao88

09-08-2014

Well this just sounds like a normal Summoners Rift game...

Rivals in the lore are usually set to be in the same lane anyways (Jinx/Caitlyn) (Nasus/Renekton). So not much would have changed. However, some rivalries are extremely unfair (Jinx/Vi) and Vi will most likely end up jungling instead of going ADC, which is probably impossible.

Also, nobody will really abide. How will the system force the laners to lane against one another? If a Rengar and a Khazix are on either teams, one might want to jungle while the other goes top, so they do that.

If the game forcibly kept the players in lane, team fights would never happen, junglers would never gank, etc. It just doesn't work, but it's a nice idea to set as he foundation of another game mode

SlivverDarkWing

09-08-2014

Hmmm...those are very valid points. The only way i could see it working is if it were ramped up bots. That is a little depressing lol. I appreciate your input. it is always nice to get feedback.

Miku Lv99

09-09-2014

It could just be each game you pick one particular matchup. Say Jinx vs Cait. And then you play a game that's 5 Jinx vs 5 Cait. Then no matter how you lane you still get the matchup.