Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rün - the Northern Watchman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lysejack

09-08-2014

Name: Rün (rUu-hn or Rune)
age: unknown in records (is father to the three sisters)
faction: neutral (iceborn watcher)
height: 6ft5in
weight: 173 lbs out of armor, 243 in armor
species: Lagrn*

inspirational track 1 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T7JJ91xp0tM

Lore:
For millennia I have watched the Freljord as my service to the Watchers, to see my kin struggle in these new times; it breaks my frozen heart. I lay dormant in an unmarked throne room, resting as a corpse in a once prideful armor of true ice, my hammer and shield hanging above me in the once strong faction of the Watchers's sub-order of watchmen. I am the last of my kind; pure iceborn, pure Watcher; Lissandra the ice witch seeks my corpse to resurrect the Iceborn race.
I have seen my people suffer through persecution and descend as humans; I have seen my daughters; Avarosa, Serlyda and Lissandra bicker and fight; but it was Avarosa and Serylda that betrayed their kind; for grounds against slavery in which I fell blind. I sacrificed my humanity to become a Watcher to protect my family.
Ashe, and Sejuani are grand kin to me and now I fear that Lissandra has done more to stir chaos in the Freljord; the trolls have arisen and the one named Trundle leads them. And the wars, oh the wars raged on in my absence.
I awaken my lifeless corpse imprisoned in my armor, standing and removing my armor as I regrew into this modern world; I grab my armor, and adorn my weapon and shield. For I alone watch the Freljord; forever hiding in the reflection of snowflakes.

"For what is honor in death when all you watch is the people of the snowy lands of the north; and for what honor is there in life when all these people wish to throw you into the howling abyss. This is one question I have; and no answer is in sight. Not even for the last watcher alive."

Stats:
health: 429 (+88 per level) 2021 at level 18
health regen: 6 (1.5 per level) 33 at level 18
mana: 216 (+37.833- per level) 897 at level 18
mana regen: 6 (.8 per level) 20.4
ad: 50 (+3.4 per level) 111.2 (rounded down to 111) at level 18
Attack speed: .65 (+.025 [2.25%] per level) 1.1 at level 18
movement speed: 335
armor: 33 (+4 per level) 102 at level 18
mr: 30 (+2 per level) 66 at level 18
range: 175

Passive: Watcher's touch
basic damage and spells slows target for 5% movement speed stacking up to 20% and 2% attack speed up to 8% (4 stacks) and for every enemy in this effect, he gains 5 health per stack
stack cool down: 4 seconded
note: automatically stacks separate from other slows, and for clarification: attack speed debuff is against enemy

Q: Hammer of true ice/Sword of the Watchers
Toggle:
Hammer: every 9th (8/7/6/5) auto attack stuns target (first attack will automatically stun target)
Sword: Every 8th (7/6/5/4) auto attack, causes bleeding for 100 (125/150/175/200) damage over 10 seconds (same for first auto attack, cleanse cannot remove; how ever heal can remove this effect)
cast time: .0001 second
note: switching this between auto attacks is best way to maximize shutdowns and trade offs
cooldown: 10 seconds
note: switching between weapons will reset stack counter

W: Shattered terrain
Aoe: roots all enemies for 1 (.25 per rank) and dealing 60/77/94/111/128 magic damage +20% ap.
mana cost: 75/100/125/150
cooldown: 25/24/23/22/21 seconds
Aoe range: 800 from center

E: Blizzard's enthrall
skill shot dps
fires a spear of true ice that clings to the target and damages them over time
initial: 80(90/100/110/120) true damage + 27% of AP
DPS: 25(40/55/70/85) magic damage per second for 5 seconds
range: 975
mana cost: 85/90/9/100/105cool down: 15 seconds
notes: spell shield will block the initial damage and subsequently block the dps, how ever black shield and unbreakable will block the intial damage but not block the dps

R: Fury of the Freljord
active + aura
active: gives 25% bonus crit rate at 225% critical damage + 10% of the enemy's missing health to basic attack, every critical hit extends the duration by 1 second up to 15 seconds
Aura: slows enemies and applies a passive stack every 5 seconds and damages them.

Active duration: 20/25/30 seconds
aura duration: 25/30/35 seconds
damage from aura: 30/60/90 magic damage per second + 35% of AP

Mana cost: 60/80/100
cooldown: 60/55/50 seconds
note: while ult active; he does not gain benefit from infinity edge, how ever when its not activated, infinity edge does apply to auto attacks. Also the crit rate is fixed and essentially this is a nasus/renekton ultimate.

*Lagrn are essentially like Anubi, but is husky based, they served the Watchers as wariors and the elite Lagrn were often noble warriors or watchmen. Also they have tails (unless they cut it off themselves; usually found in the berserk or heavy armor guilds)

changelog
9/9/2014: overhauled stats, added a few notes to abilities
9/10/2014: I want to know what you think I should have for species, Lagrn or humanoid.
9/11/2014: updated abilities
9/25/2014: updated abilities. Now I need a new W and R.

Hograhn

09-08-2014

what is this???

Lysejack

09-08-2014

Quote:
Hograhn:
what is this???

give me a bit, I had to use my phone to insert the special U
im currently typing this... give it an hour at max.

Hograhn

09-08-2014

ok cant wait! look at mine maybe, when youre done we can trade reviews! http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49790960&posted=1#post49790960

Lysejack

09-08-2014

alright

Lysejack

09-08-2014

just going to top the forum >_>

Verdauga Green

09-08-2014

His passive is a little bit OP. Maybe tone down the scaling?

Also his Q's Hammer is a clone of Braum's passive.

Maybe you should just change his passive altogether though because that + his ult would make people freeze in their tracks.

Otherwise you have something good going here.

Lysejack

09-09-2014

Quote:
Verdauga Green:
His passive is a little bit OP. Maybe tone down the scaling?

Also his Q's Hammer is a clone of Braum's passive.

Maybe you should just change his passive altogether though because that + his ult would make people freeze in their tracks.

Otherwise you have something good going here.

I need to reword the ult sp its 5 seconds instead 3, and the Q I imagine it to be like Yi's double strike; it resets if you don't attack anyone. I see the passive is OP and I'm gonna cut the stacks

65rytg

09-09-2014

I actually like his passive. It's like Jax's, but has more utility. It fits with his kit, as well.

Okay, does his Q work like Aatrox blade switching mechanic, where the stacks carry over? Or does it need to be that many attacks in that form. If it carries over, that'd be too strong, as you start off a fight in hammer form with a stun, auto attack a few times in sword, then switch back to hammer for another stun, auto attack a few times, then switch AGAIN to make them bleed for probably what is the finish.

His W seems actually quite underhwelming. It has a huge cooldown and mana cost, and doesn't deal much damage or apply much utility. It seems only good in teamfights for slightly slowing them.

I also really like his E, although I feel it'd be better if it had a lower cooldown but higher base damage and a slightly less true damage ad scaling.

His ult is ****ing op as **** i cant even put it into words. Nerf it to hell, cut every thing in fourths.

Lysejack

09-09-2014

Quote:
65rytg:
I actually like his passive. It's like Jax's, but has more utility. It fits with his kit, as well.

Okay, does his Q work like Aatrox blade switching mechanic, where the stacks carry over? Or does it need to be that many attacks in that form. If it carries over, that'd be too strong, as you start off a fight in hammer form with a stun, auto attack a few times in sword, then switch back to hammer for another stun, auto attack a few times, then switch AGAIN to make them bleed for probably what is the finish.

His W seems actually quite underhwelming. It has a huge cooldown and mana cost, and doesn't deal much damage or apply much utility. It seems only good in teamfights for slightly slowing them.

I also really like his E, although I feel it'd be better if it had a lower cooldown but higher base damage and a slightly less true damage ad scaling.

His ult is ****ing op as **** i cant even put it into words. Nerf it to hell, cut every thing in fourths.

Q works more like Jayces and np ot does not stack between switching, so if you switch your weapon. And the stacks go away if you don't constantly attack.
W: I was hoping for something similar to nautilus's Aoe, but I was thinking about making it an air lnock
ult: I'm gonna tweak it