Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Gnar!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrehistoryHunter

09-18-2014

Quote:
Jhet7777:
A couple hours later another letter arrived for the caretakers of Gnar:

Dear Gnar's caretakers,

What foods does Gnar like

and what foods does Gnar dislike?

From,
Anonymous

Gnar wasn't about to be fooled again. He stole the letter away from his caretakers and scampered atop a cabinet. Several hours passed by, to which the letter was presumed destroyed, eaten or both before Gnar hopped down and held the letter, mostly intact to the caretaker usually assigned to reply to letters.

He looked miserable, and held up the torn piece of paper.

The caretaker took the letter, wondering what had gotten into the little guy.

"Do you.. want to write a letter, Gnar?" He asked the small orange Yordle.

Gnar understood a bit of what he said and nodded enthusiastically.
"Gnar RY!!!" he shouted, and pulled a small purple crayon out from one of his pajama pockets.

The next hour was spent attempting to figure out whether or not Gnar actually understood the letter that was sent to him, and the hour after that they determined he simply wanted to send something back in the mail.

After some time figuring out where to actually send the darned thing, a reply of sorts would return.

Dear... Anonymous sender.

Gnar seems to eat most anything he can get his hands on, so we're not really sure what he likes above anything else. If he sees something it's likely been chewed on.

Gnar's Caretakers.

In addition to this small note was a jumbled mess of purple crayon scribbled about the majority of a piece of paper, a few letters recognizable but otherwise it was a disaster to attempt to read. Gnar had written his name, something of which was scrawled about most of the bottom half repeatedly.

The letter would arrive crumpled up and bent, as Gnar's attempts to mail it were mostly him smashing the letter into the front of the mailbox before one of the caretakers showed him it could open to put things in. An afternoon of trying to get him to come out of the mailbox and the letter had finally sent.

Chezni

09-23-2014

A letter arrives with a large basket of very sweet tropical fruits.

Dear Gnar,

You are one of my favorite champions to watch in the arena. I hope this healthy fruit gives you a lot of energy to keep doing what you do. How did Heim find you? Do you like the cold?

I look forward to seeing more of what you can do in the fields
~Chezni

PrehistoryHunter

09-24-2014

Quote:
Chezni:
A letter arrives with a large basket of very sweet tropical fruits.

Dear Gnar,

You are one of my favorite champions to watch in the arena. I hope this healthy fruit gives you a lot of energy to keep doing what you do. How did Heim find you? Do you like the cold?

I look forward to seeing more of what you can do in the fields
~Chezni

Gnar was delighted at the basket of fruit, and began stuffing as many of them in his mouth before someone stopped him from choking himself.

The caretakers gave him a small lesson in moderation and kept the fruit away to ensure he didn't suffocate on the sweetness, the usual letter caretaker offering to let Gnar write another reply if he took a break on throwing things in his maw.

Gnar, eager to please, got out his small box of writing utensils, most of which were half eaten and chewed on crayons and dragged it over to the letter.

Only vaguely understanding the letter, Gnar drew a picture that could be mildly registered as the revered inventor himself, and a snowflake that was more just a bunch of lines with the white crayon.

"APUL" was written on the bottom and a smiley face accompanied it. What a masterpiece.

Rather than try and explain to him that he only partially answered the letter, the caretaker let him mail it as is. Gnar excitedly smashed it into the mailbox a few times before remembering that he could open it, and had someone pick him up to do so correctly. With a few bends in the paper, the... 'letter' would arrive at Chezni's home.

The fruit was delicious and all eaten up soon thereafter.

Chezni

10-05-2014

Another letter along with a large basket of apples suddenly arrives on the caretaker's desk seemingly out of thin air.

((written in deep green ink))
Greetings Gnar, and Gnar's Caretaker,

I'm glad that he enjoyed the fruit, I hope he didn't get too hyper from it. His drawing for me is adorable and hanging up on one of the walls in my room in the institute. I might be paying him a visit sometime soon as a lot of the summoners I've seen are all quite interested in him. Not that I blame them, he's adorable.

Chezni