Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Gnar!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrehistoryHunter

09-10-2014

Quote:
MonstersInc87:
A box of assorted chocolates arrive for Gnar.

There is a note at the bottom, it reads, " I am your biggest fan! "

Gnar himself had stolen the package away from his caretakers and ended up sniffing it before tearing the box open and devouring most of the sweets. Chocolate now stained his fur and mashed on the floor was a glob of cream and chocolatey goodness. The next hour had been spent cleaning him off, to little avail.

One of his caretakers, the one most usually assigned to letter replying, managed to piece together the note and read it aloud to Gnar, who promptly screeched in delight when he was explained that meant people liked him a lot. The next hour Gnar tried to draw pictures in the chocolate mess he had created on the floor.

Quote:
Unexisted:
Dear Gnar,

How do you like the Garen and Katarina toy you have? I see it in the picture when you wearing your Dino costume.

- Agenor Coliar

The Letter Caretaker managed to stow this letter away before Gnar could chew it to bits while devouring chocolates. After he and the other caretakers had managed to calm him down, He opened the letter and tried his best to explain the contents and ask Gnar his opinion of his two toys.

Gnar, wearing his dinosaur onesie at that very moment, grabbed both with wide eyes and smashed Garen's figure into Katarina's, screaming "Demaglio!", before throwing Katarina's across the room and then trying to get the Garen figurine to spin. This went on for a while, and a few parts managed to break off of both figurines before he promptly stuffed both in his mouth and chewed them up.

The caretakers managed to place another order for figures so that Gnar would not be upset if there was no more "demaglio" or Katarina to play with and the Letter Caretaker took the opportunity to write a reply.

Dear Agenor,
Gnar enjoys very much all of his figurines, if in his own... rough way of playing with them.

He paused, looking over at the pile of Teemo figurines with their heads severed off and limbs missing.

Well, most of them. Garen's figurine holds a special place in Gnar's eyes as I believe Heimerdinger gave that one to him first when trying to explain the other champions. He often likes to smash him into other things though, and as a result we have had to get quite a few number of Garens. If only figurines had respawn times, it would be a blessing.

Many thanks for writing

-The Caretakers

Quote:
Ask the Radiant:
Leona knocked on the door to Gnar's room, she like go and visiting the newcomers. They always were quite the character so she grinned in anticipation of meeting Gnar. More than anything however, she came here to give him a hug because he was so adorable. The large woman stood there in her golden armor waiting.

Quote:
Ask Viking Man:
Olaf was headed to Gnar as well and saw the Radiant Dawn at the door.

"Shield maiden! What are you doing at the little beast's room?"

He walks up to the wall next to her and leans on it.

A smaller, more robust yordle, wearing armor clearly inspired by Poppy, stood guard at the Gnar room in the institute. She glanced up at Leona and the viking after opening the door and made a noise to clear her throat.

"Are you here for a visitation?" She asked, making sure to assert herself.

Gnar was too concentrated on throwing his figurines around to pay too much attention to the door at the moment.

"I am here to make sure that Gnar doesn't get too many visitors at any given time, and that if he is to receive any attention we stress that you do not attempt to provoke him. We have had a difficult time with fixing up the laboratory when he gets excited, and the thought of "Mega" Gnar here is something we would appreciate avoiding."

((thank you kindly, and I will try to do my best))

Ask the Radiant

09-10-2014

Quote:
PrehistoryHunter:

A smaller, more robust yordle, wearing armor clearly inspired by Poppy, stood guard at the Gnar room in the institute. She glanced up at Leona and the viking after opening the door and made a noise to clear her throat.

"Are you here for a visitation?" She asked, making sure to assert herself.

Gnar was too concentrated on throwing his figurines around to pay too much attention to the door at the moment.

"I am here to make sure that Gnar doesn't get too many visitors at any given time, and that if he is to receive any attention we stress that you do not attempt to provoke him. We have had a difficult time with fixing up the laboratory when he gets excited, and the thought of "Mega" Gnar here is something we would appreciate avoiding."

((thank you kindly, and I will try to do my best))

Leona turns at the viking and waves "Hello Olaf! Just call me Leona." Leona muttered "Shield maiden....nice ring to it." She smiled at the yordle "Yes, I am here to visit the little Guy I usually go and visit the newcomers to the league for a short time."

Leona then though about what she said, wondering what exactly was provoking him. She stopped at the doorway for a short time. thinking on this. WHile doing this she'd tske the shield off her back and drop it to the ground making a loud thunk, then use it as a thing to lean on as she tilted to her right

She then asked "Does hugging him count as provoking?"

Unexisted

09-10-2014

Quote:
Dear Agenor,
Gnar enjoys very much all of his figurines, if in his own... rough way of playing with them.

Dear Caretaker,

Own Rough way of playing? Such as this?

- Agenor Coliar

image.jpg

makmix

09-10-2014

(( As a result of me forgetting my username, I must now make a new account cause I used a not real email.... So bear with me please as I make a new one.... ))

Olaf looked at the maiden of the sun with a huge grin.

"While you want to hug him, I want to play with the little tyke! He seems like he loves to WRESTLE!"

He looked to the tiny guard with the armor.

PrehistoryHunter

09-11-2014

Quote:
Unexisted:
Dear Caretaker,

Own Rough way of playing? Such as this?

- Agenor Coliar

The letter caretaker chuckled at the drawn response.
Another letter was sent back.

Dear Coliar,
I do not believe that Gnar has done that with any real understanding. I think one of the other caretakers attempted to try and get him to do something similar but after his misunderstanding of the word 'kiss' to interpret 'headbutt as hard as physically possible' we had quite a few bruises and a passed out Gnar within the hour.

Perhaps at a later date we may explain kisses, but for now he doesn't seem to remember.

He looked over at the two visitors that were coming in and made a glance at Gnar, who took the hint and scampered off to the company he was allotted.

Smiling, he finished the letter.

Thank you for the pleasantly humorous picture

-The Caretakers

Quote:
Ask the Radiant:
Leona turns at the viking and waves "Hello Olaf! Just call me Leona." Leona muttered "Shield maiden....nice ring to it." She smiled at the yordle "Yes, I am here to visit the little Guy I usually go and visit the newcomers to the league for a short time."

Leona then though about what she said, wondering what exactly was provoking him. She stopped at the doorway for a short time. thinking on this. WHile doing this she'd tske the shield off her back and drop it to the ground making a loud thunk, then use it as a thing to lean on as she tilted to her right

She then asked "Does hugging him count as provoking?"

Quote:
makmix:
(( As a result of me forgetting my username, I must now make a new account cause I used a not real email.... So bear with me please as I make a new one.... ))

Olaf looked at the maiden of the sun with a huge grin.

"While you want to hug him, I want to play with the little tyke! He seems like he loves to WRESTLE!"

He looked to the tiny guard with the armor.

"No, Hugging should be f-"

As the guard attempted to explain what provoking would be constituted as, Gnar had grabbed his boomerang and stood excitedly at the door beside her.

He screeched and hopped up and down, pointing at the tall pretty glowy yellow lady and the stout, fluffy face man in delight. The guard was taken by surprise and flinched, clutching the wall for a second before gathering herself.

"Jitanoo Maka Laga!!!!" He declared, waving his arms about. How exciting! Visitors! It wasn't Heimerdinger like he was used to but nevertheless Gnar was excited.

"Please just don't let this place get wrecked..." She implored the two champions.

"Gnar!" The small yordle said, introducing himself.

makmix

09-11-2014

Olaf roared with laughter.

"HA HA!! I like this little furball! SHIELD MAIDEN!!! You hug him first, so you don't get in the way of our wrestling."

He grinned in an almost battle hungry like manner.

PrehistoryHunter

09-16-2014

Gnar eagerly awaited more letters, as his caretakers tried to ensure he didn't cause too much trouble...

MagmaDragon12

09-16-2014

A letter would arrive for the caretakers of Gnar:

Dear Gnar's Caretakers,

Have you considered or tried to teach Gnar English?

From, Summoner Magma

PrehistoryHunter

09-17-2014

Quote:
MagmaDragon12:
A letter would arrive for the caretakers of Gnar:

Dear Gnar's Caretakers,

Have you considered or tried to teach Gnar English?

From, Summoner Magma

The caretakers had managed to be able to keep Gnar occupied while letters were being taken from the mail room and this letter was written back post-haste.

Dear Summoner Magma,

We have... on a few occasions.. attempted to give Gnar a more understandable vocabulary. He has learned a few words on command, like Apple, and some other more common words like "Not", "Yes" and "No", but after some of the caretakers treated him like a dog more than a small yordle he began refusing to learn anything and the presence of educational tools that aren't playing blocks gets him angry. He threw a fit once after seeing that whistle. Gnar seems to dislike taking orders.

Gnar usually prefers to speak his own language, which I have yet to understand myself despite his insistence that I know what some of the things he says means. I feel he'll pick up on certain things soon enough that we won't need to teach him too much, as he's memorized certain champion names and phrases from being on the Rift... if a bit jumbled. He's four, I cut him some slack.

Lord knows how many hours Heimerdinger has attempted to do so to no avail.

Thank you for your letter. I let Gnar know he got more mail and he got extraordinarily excited. He appreciates the attention, I'm sure.

With kind regards,
The Letter Caretaker (And Gnar)

Jhet7777

09-17-2014

A couple hours later another letter arrived for the caretakers of Gnar:

Dear Gnar's caretakers,

What foods does Gnar like

and what foods does Gnar dislike?

From,
Anonymous