Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Predictions for getting out of groups?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seagrove

09-08-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymWKwHkyrg&list=UUbeHxHFigyv1lXru1QbjPxQ
Predictions and NA's chances of getting by groups EDG/White, SHRC/TSM, Blue/OMG, ALL/Shield
TSM 40%, C9 40%, LMQ 20%

Those are mine, what do you all think?

TheOneTrueHam

09-08-2014

EDG/White
SHRC/TPA (can't decide after SHRC could be anyone)
Blue/OMG
ALL/Shield (C9 wont advance if they play like they did in NA playoffs)

If C9 fixes problems they had in the TSM series then they can compete for 2nd and group B and C are sooooo even. anyone can come out of those groups the only thing that's rly certain is that Blue advances

Stupot

09-08-2014

A. EDG 5-1, SSW 5-1, AHQ 2-4, DP 0-6 (SSW 1-0 Tiebreaker)
B. SHRC 5-1, TSM 4-2, TPA 2-4, SK 1-5
C. SSB 5-1, OMG 3-3, FNC 3-3, LMQ 1-5 (FNC 1-0 Tiebreaker)
D. NJS 5-1, ALL 4-2 C9 3-3, KBM 0-6
Quarterfinals: SSW vs TSM (SSW Win), SSB vs ALL (SSB Win), EDG vs SHRC (EDG Win), FNC vs NJS (NJS Win)
Semifinals: SSW vs SSB (SSB Win), EDG vs NJS (EDG Win)
Finals: SSB vs EDG (SSB Wins Worlds)

Just my two cents.

Edit: Added bracket predictions.

Seagrove

09-08-2014

@theonetrueham I like your predictions! Why do you choose TPA over TSM?

@Stupot Who do you think LMQ will beat in the only win you have for them? Who do you think will beat Blue?

TheOneTrueHam

09-08-2014

i feel TPA got immensely better than before, ive heard a lot of good things about em where i havent seen tsm ever perform well at an international event so thats the main thing, just the history of how performances have gone. but that group can go either way, its sooo hard to call cuz i feel the skill is relatively even between them and we havent seen this newer SK lineup at an international event either. i also didnt pick tsm initially because of their playoff performance. even though they won every series was pretty close and they didnt look as convincing as i thought they could have. just by opinion but i do feel thats the hardest group to predict.

Stupot

09-08-2014

Quote:
Seagrove:
@theonetrueham I like your predictions! Why do you choose TPA over TSM?

@Stupot Who do you think LMQ will beat in the only win you have for them? Who do you think will beat Blue?

I think Fnatic will lose to LMQ once, and if Blue were to lose to one team, it would be FNC or OMG. I doubt Blue will lose in the group stage, but it's hard for me to say that a team will go undefeated in the group stage. I can't wait for Worlds! I especially can't wait for ALL vs C9. I think only group A is the one that we can safely say which two teams are getting out. The others are toss-ups for the most part.

KeanuCleaves

09-16-2014

A. White, EDG - easiest group to predict IMO.

B. SHRC, TPA - my heart wants TSM to advance but I don't think they'll do better than 3rd. TSM had trouble all split with LMQ and barely scrapped out an exciting 3-2 win in the playoffs. I think TPA is a stronger team than LMQ and will have the upper hand in head-to-head matchups with TSM but who knows I'll be excited to watch. Also I could easily see TSM splitting with SK which are no push-overs.

C. Blue, OMG - Fnatic hasn't looked great recently but they always show up when it matters so I think it's possible that it can be Blue and FNC to advance. I don't see LMQ winning any games in this group but if they do win I think it'll be against FNC. OMG has had LMQ's number so I really I see an easier road out of the group for OMG than FNC unless FNC can 2-0 them it may come to a tiebreaker here between FNC and OMG.

D. Shield, C9 - Really excited to see C9 vs ALL. IMO I believe that NALCS was stronger than EULCS this last split for the first time. C9 lost a very close matchup with TSM so it'll be a good show!

Really looking forward to it!

Trrees

09-16-2014

White/EDG. Easy.
SHRC/TSM. SHRC is a lock. I think TSM is stronger than TPA. I don't think Bebe can take TPA that far.
Blue/OMG. Easy as well. Cool is dominant in lane and San is underrated.
ALL/C9. Yep I'm taking no Shield out. I think they'll head back to inconsistent mode. ALL looks quite strong if they can get ahead. C9 should be able to handle Shield.

Stupot

09-16-2014

Quote:
Trrees:
White/EDG. Easy.
SHRC/TSM. SHRC is a lock. I think TSM is stronger than TPA. I don't think Bebe can take TPA that far.
Blue/OMG. Easy as well. Cool is dominant in lane and San is underrated.
ALL/C9. Yep I'm taking no Shield out. I think they'll head back to inconsistent mode. ALL looks quite strong if they can get ahead. C9 should be able to handle Shield.

I had mostly the same picks as you, but the reason I picked Fnatic is that OMG doesn't look as dominant, and I think Yellowstar and Rekkles > San and Cloud. We'll see though.

KeanuCleaves

09-16-2014

Agree that FNC bot lane is better than OMG without jungler interference but we'll see how it plays out. So excited to see what happens!