Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot please don't ruin Cassiopeia's VU (I've fixed it for you)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Màrs

09-08-2014

I was browsing the internet on Friday night and came across this image:
All I can say is wow, it looks great. It was nice seeing Cassiopeia finally get some love from Riot. Unfortunately I knew from experience the splash art is usually misleading compared to the actual skin. I was hoping for the best however I was pretty let down by the simple inconsistencies between the splash and the models.

Now I don't expect a masterpiece when it comes to these skins but what I do expect is a little consistency. I'll list a few things that are really obvious:
-Color of scales(turquoise and black on splash vs Dark and light turquoise on the actual skin)
-Eyes are still white
-Ventral scales are way too thin

These are all things that I can't beleive were missed.

Anyway after a little bit of work I have created what I think is a pretty good improvement on these problems that also looks attractive in game. I'm hoping to see something like this in the final release, I wouldn't even mind if you used this as the final texture.

Please consider this Riot art team. Cassiopeia has been my main since she came out and now that she is finally getting some attention I don't want it to be a downgrade. I really can't stand what you did with the Siren skin, at least give us one decent redesign.

Also maybe consider a traditional skin like the one for Karma?

Ardin Catish

09-08-2014

Looks really nice! Sadly they probably can't use your exact file though...

Izarallia

09-09-2014

That does look really nice!

Màrs

09-10-2014

The dream is dead. Ugly cass is permanent. She has no good skins.

MistuhrSoku

09-13-2014

This is very depressing, I do not play Cass at all, however even I don't like that she has been changed from the art, the originals that people payed good money for, all to support the summoners rift update... If I knew the SR VU was going to make Nautilus plastic, I would have said no the instant anything was said about it. =/

Trading Aces

09-13-2014

So.. a fan does better work then the actual creator. Kinda sad to see.

Foolish Lantern

09-15-2014

How did this even make it out of the the PBE when all of her other skins are perfectly fine? Heck, there are two corners on her model that distinctly show where the texture was meant to end.

Màrs

09-17-2014

Quote:
Foolish Lantern:
How did this even make it out of the the PBE when all of her other skins are perfectly fine? Heck, there are two corners on her model that distinctly show where the texture was meant to end.

Lol I actually saw that on the texture and just went with it as the edge, and sure enough it lined up perfectly.

Paul5D

09-19-2014

Looks nice.

conavioaK

09-19-2014

She looks like a monkey-faced snake in new official splash art