Assassin Master Yi Skin is 50% Off for a Limited Time

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroteres View Post
But this brings us back to the people with money get an unfair advantage on the players who are good but don't have money
10 damage...?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin Trainer View Post
10 damage...?
Not even 1. Any advantage is against Riots goals, and would upset many players, regardless of how minimal it is.

Milo4k

01-19-2010

Hopefully the skin will sell well so that Riot will consider dropping more skins to this level of pricing. It's much closer to the average person's impulse buy range.

Kitsuomi

01-19-2010

Yeah! I totally impulse bought that skin xD! Now for Katarina... lol

Despise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2010

Can't help the feeling of getting cheated as well regardless. It's not the fact that the discounts makes me feel I paid more than others. It's the fact that the skin no longer becomes special due to tons of people purchasing it now. The RP price on a skin is what makes it rare. Discounting it like that makes the skin alot less special

I'll definitely not buy any skins in the future as well in anticipation of promotions like this. For a little additional revenue on an old skin, Riot is alienating their present customers. Riot would do well to factor this in before pulling stunts like this.

Smug

01-20-2010

Just be patient in your purchases and you'll end up taking advantage of sales. You have until the skin is discontinued to purchase it, and i'm thinking they'll probs hold a discount for most skins by the time they're gone. Use this logic to your advantage!

But wait wait wait, Assassin Yi has ability recoloring!? I thought he was just a grayscale recolor..? I might have to get some more riot points if this true, sitting at 155 is aggravating.

Netiger

01-21-2010

Did you guys realize you're worrying and stressing about spending like about 2 dollars more than other people did? I'm pretty sure that you worried a lot less about things in which you spend at least a hundred dollars, so I think this is not worth your time guys.

BankBank

01-21-2010

bought it even though i never play yi

TaeminTheMaknae

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netiger View Post
Did you guys realize you're worrying and stressing about spending like about 2 dollars more than other people did? I'm pretty sure that you worried a lot less about things in which you spend at least a hundred dollars, so I think this is not worth your time guys.
It's not just the money it's that it's rare to see skins that aren't the original we also feel like we're being cheated out of the benifit that we get from it.

Disillusion

01-22-2010

I didn't find out about this sale until it appeared on the PVPnet launcher... which wasn't until 3 days after the sale ended. I don't visit the announcement forums. It would be nice if you transferred the headlines to the launcher in a more timely manner. If it's 3 days after the sale has ended, why even bother putting it on the launcher at all?

This is the same way I missed out on the Ashe skin. You guys just don't make it well known enough. There's still time to get the Nunu skin, but like that ends today, and right now the servers are down and might remain down for 8 hours or more.