Assassin Master Yi Skin is 50% Off for a Limited Time

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dashwinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

awesome! ppl shouldn't complain!

stupid question, but do i NEED riot points to buy skins, or can i buy them with the regular points?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-18-2010

Skins are RP only

x OZ x

01-18-2010

I don`t play yi but I love the price,I`m goona buy it

pepijnobody

01-19-2010

why are skin RP only that totatally s*cks

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

01-19-2010

****. I bought it when it was 390 RP. I don't know what the policy is Riot, but you're making me unsure about buying things, because you randomly take 50% off. Think I'll wait a couple of weeks before I buy a next skin.

aldariz

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPandaBear View Post
****. I bought it when it was 390 RP. I don't know what the policy is Riot, but you're making me unsure about buying things, because you randomly take 50% off. Think I'll wait a couple of weeks before I buy a next skin.
yeah me too. i bought it for full price because i thought "i better buy it before it disappears from the store. soon, the skin will be special :3", but it seems thats not the case. suddenly, i have this weird feeling, like if there was a dagger in my back. know anything about it riot?
meh, i guess its my fault. going around spending money like that, silly me...

Lockethegreat

01-19-2010

All of these people complaining it utterly ridiculous.
To steal an earlier example, I guess steam practices terrible business.
Better example, Wal-Mart practices terrible business by having sales.

How does that make sense? enlighten me?

aldariz

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockethegreat View Post
All of these people complaining it utterly ridiculous.
To steal an earlier example, I guess steam practices terrible business.
Better example, Wal-Mart practices terrible business by having sales.

How does that make sense? enlighten me?
ok, here goes:

im all for the idea of having sales on skins, but this was unexpected and without warning. when the store opened, there was no indication that this would happen.

plus, if it were the champion that went on sale, i wouldnt mind. but skin is not champion, its an cosmetic upgrade that differentiates you from others. it says "look, i have this skin that only a few ppl have". now, after only a few weeks, only thing you can say is "look, i have this skin that majority of the (paying) playerbase has. also i bought it for twice the price others paid."

again, i wouldnt mind if i knew this could happen, but i didnt.

anyway, dont mind my ranting. ill just be more catious with spending mah RP from now on. now if youd excuse me, i really need to get this dagger out of my back...

Corvus Corax

01-19-2010

Im usually hesitant bout spending money on games with micro-transactions; cause I might get carried away by another game, then all my investments would go in vain.

I was hesitant about buying skins from the store cause I dont want to spend like ~5 dollars for a skin. I mean there are a lot of champions in the game and I like variety.

But I mean come on, this is now priced close to a dollar. I got it and this was a steal I'll be on the lookout for such promotions to come.

Euroteres

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin Trainer View Post
Maybe skins should give a bonus then. Like +10 damage or something small. They ARE paying real cash for this y'know
But this brings us back to the people with money get an unfair advantage on the players who are good but don't have money