Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any Viable Top/Jg Champs For 4800 IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPARKKY37

09-06-2014

I've got about 4600IP right now, so it'll only be a few matches until 4800. I mainly play top and jungle, although I can play mid. Anyone have any suggestions on buys?
I liked play as Maokai, and Nocturne was intriguing, but I'm not sure if I want to buy them. Fizz was also a viable champ, although he seemed easily countered when I play as him.

Izneria

09-06-2014

Jarvan is a good choice.

DatMosin

09-07-2014

Lee Sin, Jarvan IV, Shyvana can even be used jungle, Voli, or Wukong even

I would definitely pick whoever you feel fits your play style. Don't see any lack of options.

Benfromflorida

09-07-2014

It is very difficult to counter Renekton. I like that Renekton has a lot of mobility so I can easily get in and out of fights as needed. Additionally, Renekton does not use mana so you can stay top and keep spamming abilities, whereas most tops need to worry about casting too frequently depleting their mana.

Swiftblood

09-07-2014

Irelia, one of the best mid-late game tops atm, good pick against some strong tops like ryze/renekton too

Kiryto

09-07-2014

Quote:
Benfromflorida:
It is very difficult to counter Renekton. I like that Renekton has a lot of mobility so I can easily get in and out of fights as needed. Additionally, Renekton does not use mana so you can stay top and keep spamming abilities, whereas most tops need to worry about casting too frequently depleting their mana.

Renekton is pretty useless now. Although he has a decently strong early game and can bully some laners out, he becomes near useless late game. He just turns into this damage soaker that does no damage. There are better top laners that can do what he does, but better. Such examples include Maokai, Alistar, and even Darius! Basically, Renekton has really fallen off due to the past nerfs to him.

tl;dr : Renekton is practically worthless now and there are better champs who can do what he does, but better.

LePotatoChip

09-08-2014

Rumble is a very fun top laner, only 4800 IP. Jarvan works as well.
Jungle besides J4 again, Nocturne is a very fun one to play. Denial of vision too stronk.

King Pudge

09-08-2014

go J4 or Sin.

SPARKKY37

09-09-2014

I'm very appreciative of all the feedback! I'm down to Maokai, Jarvan IV, and Nocturne (I like that Maokai is a popular pick for both jg and top, as well as J4). I'm going to test out Nocturne (who's free this week) and J4 (also free), and go from there. Thanks for the responses!

GodofAnnihlation

09-09-2014

Man dont listen to these fools. I reccomend going maokai all dah way bruh. Literally he soaks up all the dmg and sustains it back immediatley. His jungle clear time is too stronk right now omg bruh hes so op. Build him straight up tank and bada bing bada boom you soak up and then squirt it back out. My bro just take maokai best buy i ever made my man. remeber build him straight up tank and hes unbeatable and gets fed real easy. Best champ in League rn