I suck at Teemo. How do I play him correctly?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

01-31-2011

Teemo was recommended to me by a friend because if played well, he can carry most bad teams to victory, which was my issue in normal games.

Teemo was fun, and I kind of enjoy dropping mushrooms everywhere, but it comes to the point where I'm just so bad at Teemo, I just end up feeding the other team and making my teammates rage. I drop a shroom on every bush I see.

I saw Eggtart Chow's stream last week, and he was doing an excellent job jungling with Teemo and dropping shrooms everywhere.

I imitated that same stunt. But unfortunately, either no one jungles or I just don't drop enough shrooms and I spend the whole fight jungling and dropping mushrooms, that's it. That same guy that recommended me Teemo told me to drop shrooms in places where no one will step in them. I drop a few where Baron and Dragon is.

I made this thread because I'm just tired to being bad at such a great champion. I'm just tired of being useless to my team. I really want to improve,

I also have a question about item choices.

Should I stack Ability Power on Teemo or Attack Speed? I builded some items just from the recommended list.

Is the Ionian Boots of Lucidity(reduces cooldowns by 15%) good for Teemo? I thought it would help so I can drop mushrooms quicker.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

Teemo, in my experience, won't carry bad teams to victory. His damage without shrooms just isn't there, and your team needs to realize where your shrooms are and actually utilize them, meaning while running away they try to drag enemies through them, or they only fight the enemy when they're surrounded by shrooms/already popped a few. Bad teams won't do that.

Teemo can be built a lot of ways. Full AD, Full AP, AS/AP, AS/OnHit... it really depends. I'm by no means great at Teemo as I'm just starting to look into playing him more than once a month, but I'm partial to the AS/OnHit version utilizing Malady, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, and maybe Bloodrazor if the game calls for it. It's a support-style DPS role, which I think Teemo was originally designed for. Other champions physical carry better and other champions go full AP better so you're usually better off somewhere in the middle.

As for boots, I'd suggest Swiftness. You need to be quick to dart around the battle, planting shrooms in escape routes and essentially becoming a Hit-and-Run champion. You'll have over 500 movespeed with Swiftness and Move Quick active, which makes catching you a pain in the ass. The change to his shroom timer makes CDR, while nice, less required because you'll stock up to 3 mushrooms at a time, they refill at a good clip, and if you do die you'll revive with two stored automatically.

Gato Muerto

01-31-2011

Boots are very much dependant upon what you are facing. If your opponents have a large amount of CC or large amounts of AP, you would be better off w/ Merc.Treads for the defense, since there are loads of different ways of obtaining CD reduction.

If you are concentrating on shrooms, you want high AP. Nashor's (which does CD, AS and AP) is a decent choice. Anything else would depend upon what you are facing. Rageblade is good for some people, Hexblade is good for others.

Carados

01-31-2011

Basically, there's only one really effective build for Teemo that will actually do anything.

AP Teemo is too reliant on the other team making mistakes and he only has one nuke, there is no reason to build AD Teemo.

The correct answer is on hit Teemo.

Typically looks something like this:

Doran's Item ---> Malady or Madred's Razors --> Bloodrazor ---> Frozen Mallet --> other items, Wit's End or Sword of the Divine or such if offensive, defensive items if defensive.

Chaserone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2011

Ive found that putting mushrooms in paths is important too. Teemo is a scouter so sometimes its good to buy 2 or three wards to plant in bushes you may be unsure about placing mushrooms to avoid facechecking a possible ambush. But the #1 trick to teemo is hit and run tactics. Make sure you are aware of your escape route and that you have enough map revealed to safely run that path. You WANT them to chase you into a mushroom. AP/AS is a good way to start since the shrooms and your DOT from hit and run hurts more.

Eventually, you will realize the true power of Teemo's secret passive (the global teemo taunt). Which is when teemo appears on the map, they hunt you. And this is where the mushrooms and wards become fun. Cus your team, if they are smart, will begin ganking them. and then pushing down towers when they are weak.

High traffic areas entering the jungle and even lane paths where minions generally dont stomp are great mushrooms spots. Kill anyone with oracle, make it a point to target that person. Keep their team struggling for map control after that. NEVER STOP PLACING MUSHROOMS. Always keep one available but never let it stack to three. My favorite spots are places where a path bottlenecks, like many paths leading INTO the jungle have so little room that a nicely place mushroom is hard to see with oracle until the champ is almost on top of it, but generally cant be avoided. It's a good idea to take a second form of escape for teemo, but if careful enough, you shouldnt have to.

Carados

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserone View Post
Eventually, you will realize the true power of Teemo's secret passive (the global teemo taunt).
Relying on this in any situations is the same as relying on the enemy team to make mistakes. Not a good strategy.

Chaserone

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Relying on this in any situations is the same as relying on the enemy team to make mistakes. Not a good strategy.
It was a figure of speech, no matter what, even if they dont make the "mistake" teemo's hit and run is very very irritating and over time, its debilitating. Anyone dumb enough to enter the jungle without oracle and/or vision wards and enough time to waste hunting down shrooms, takes their chances of dying into their own hands. Anyone NOT entering the jungle, is limiting their dominance over any lane, giving the jungle to the side with Teemo.

Carados

01-31-2011

A champion with range less then almost any disable in the game can not effectively hit and run.

CrossBlades

01-31-2011

I play ability power teemo and always do well( not bragging or anything but i have gone 18/7- last two games i went ap teemo. grab a Lich Bane and Rabadons Hat: Use blinding dart then attack them does well over 800 late game. shrooms do over 1200.

CrossBlades

01-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
A champion with range less then almost any disable in the game can not effectively hit and run.
im asssuming youve never played teemo...

12345 ... 8