Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

About to play Lux against a Fizz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiure

09-05-2014

Last match...this didn't work too well. His passive makes him too tanky to harass and his high damage/mobility and low cooldowns make him a laning nightmare. Feed him a single kill and you throw the entire game. Lux doesn't have enough sustain to be harassing him 24/7.

Should I just buy a coin and let him farm? I'm kind of stuck. I don't know what to do. He's just too powerful in lane and I can't play aggressively against him.

Euheimr

09-05-2014

Quote:
Tiure:
Last match...this didn't work too well. His passive makes him too tanky to harass and his high damage/mobility and low cooldowns make him a laning nightmare. Feed him a single kill and you throw the entire game. Lux doesn't have enough sustain to be harassing him 24/7.

Should I just buy a coin and let him farm? I'm kind of stuck. I don't know what to do. He's just too powerful in lane and I can't play aggressively against him.

Lux is sort of a mana hog to constantly poke him efficiently in lane (my opinion), I'd choose a better counter pick, but I'll assume you locked in Lux and didn't have a choice. I'd build a Chalice asap, and stay as far back as you can, while getting the EXP you need. If you miss CS, oh well, if you stuck your neck out to CS, you'll risk feeding kills. What you could also do is shove the lane and gank another lane. Make sure your lane is either covered by the jungler, or won't touch the tower for a bit due to a good shove/minion wave on your side as fizz early game doesn't have a lot of pushing power until he gets a bit of AP unlike AOE based mids.
I realize it's even hard at tower, but sometimes Fizz players are extremely risky and get rash, and dive tower and think that they may get away with the troll pole... use that to your advantage! His jump has a LONG cooldown (16 seconds!!!) and if he Q's you at tower, and E's away from tower, try to Q him and stun him within tower range, then ult. When he hits 6, it's very possible he may ult you under tower... try to stay as far back as you can while getting the experience from the minions. You'll lose CS but again you won't feed.

Edit: I would also like to add that his troll pole is a toggle, sort of. He can activate it immediately, or wait up to a second to press E again to come back down.

Sometimes the best way to know how to counter a champion is to play them! Learn the cooldowns, strengths, weaknesses, and what champions made it difficult to play Fizz. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Fizz

Tiure

09-05-2014

Yeah, I picked before he did :X

I built Flask/3blues and just pressed E to win lane. For some reason he was a lot easier to harass than the other Fizz I recently faced. Lee Sin ganked a couple times and the lane was basically mine. I didn't have much presence for the rest of the game, but neither did Fizz, so it was a win-win - and I ended up with a 14 stack mejais by the time the whole thing was over thanks to my active shielding, snaring, slowing, and chunking.

Euheimr

09-05-2014

Quote:
Tiure:
Yeah, I picked before he did :X

I built Flask/3blues and just pressed E to win lane. For some reason he was a lot easier to harass than the other Fizz I recently faced. Lee Sin ganked a couple times and the lane was basically mine. I didn't have much presence for the rest of the game, but neither did Fizz, so it was a win-win - and I ended up with a 14 stack mejais by the time the whole thing was over thanks to my active shielding, snaring, slowing, and chunking.

Good idea... I've come to the point where if I am first pick, banning, I'll ban fizz and play my best mid OR I won't ban him and if he's still open after bans are over, I'll pick him. I've learned quickly that in competitive games, if there's something you REALLY hate playing against; play it.