[Mini Guide] How to kill poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xigo Xigo

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigario View Post
Imo if the poppy is going to get thornmail + ec + boots before anything else then i dont suppose she will be doing a whole lot of dmg. Certainly nothing too significant in a team fight. So i dont really see how the build suggested in the "guide" is really that good.
Still, the panic that happens when Poppy smashes a teammate into a wall and her ability to initiate and live longer than most tanks is hard to deny. Mind you, this is in lower ELOs. I don't know how higher ELOs handle her, but most low ELO teams will panic. Or try to nuke her, which is a waste of nukes.

bobthegood

01-18-2010

Honestly, thornmail is a horrible item of poppy.

Morgana is probably the best counter for poppy. Shield will block her Q skill, You have two dots that will eat her life away without fear of being reduced. You can pin her down for 2.5 secs, long enough for everyone to wail on her and drop her. My main is Veigar, but in this environment I play my 2nd, which is Morgana.

hvywpnsguy

01-18-2010

Ive only seen alot of poppy being useless on a team that I don't know why people are calling her OP. Maybe it is just because of her ultimate and her Q skill but 6 seconds isn't that long to me. Unless someone is already on low HP and teammates can't do anything to save their teammate, poppy is worthless and weak like Master Yi.

Naje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

Yi and Poppy can save lots of people.. Poppy can ram the enemy away, and Yi can just run in and kill the person, lmao. I'd say it depends on the player !

Mpalm

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
Ive only seen alot of poppy being useless on a team that I don't know why people are calling her OP. Maybe it is just because of her ultimate and her Q skill but 6 seconds isn't that long to me. Unless someone is already on low HP and teammates can't do anything to save their teammate, poppy is worthless and weak like Master Yi.
Maybe it's because her Q is broken and when you get sheen it hits for like 1K+ damage.

Michelle Zen

01-18-2010

Q+E will mash fiddle. It also takes out the possibility of fiddle hiding in the brush because it's right beside terrain.

I've tried. Albiet I tried taking on Poppy using fiddle while taking on a 2v1, even if i had a laning partner, fiddle will have a **** hell of a hard time.

God, poopy's voice is obnoxious. -_-"

Shiyuka

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigario View Post
This guide is for 1 and only 1 purpose, to teach everyone how to deal with poppy so leseer people will rage quit after poppy kills them once tower diving.

Heroes that do really well against her:
Udyr
Sivir
Jax
Tristiana
Teemo
Twitch (Do not expunge, just slow and hit)
Yi

TLDR: Basically get heroes that you can stack atk speed on w/o gimping yourself, that or get a hero which deal a whole lot of Dmg over Time dmg, Teemo, twitch even fiddle if it get that bad. Itemize for atk speed.

Hope this helps.
u can kill new ppl play poppy with that advise. Yi and Jax is hard to kill her at low- mid lv.
Udyr, sivir ,Tristana, Twitch, Shaco ,Singed and mundo( clever= 10% max heal lol) can kill her

Varmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Her passive only reduces the damage over 10%.
If you hit a poppy for 20% of her current health, she still takes 15% of her current health.

And yes, that guide is bad even for low elo. I'd rather build my sheen at level 4 and go on a ganking spree for the rest of the game.

Adorno

01-19-2010

Disappointed. I thought this was a guide on how to kill a puppy. I was going to flame you for being even more sick and wrong than Bonzai Kittens. No luck.

Viro Melchior

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
My guide will never lose to your tactics. In fact, it makes all the characters you list here the easiest ones to kill.

Speed stacking is countered by thornmail, EC counters any of those champs ability to stay in the fight for any amount of time.
Thornmail does not "counter speed stacking".
It counters all auto-attack damage equally.

If you hit a player with Thornmail for 600 damage every 5 seconds, Thornmail hits back for 150 every 5 seconds.
If you hit them for 60 damage every .5 seconds, it hits them back for 15 every .5 seconds.

It *does* counter physical carries.