High ELO champions

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

01-18-2010

At this moment, i don't play high elo games, and am having fun with champions that are are known to be low tier champions. Since I do play a lot, and plan on getting better, I was wondering if someone could tell me what champions are viable for high Elo games, so I can start practicing with one of those.

AmyOverlord

01-18-2010

I know Kassadin and Alistar would be high ELO. :x

Level99RaidBoss

01-18-2010

Got this from another thread, it was a reply by JunkRamen. From my experience this list is pretty accurate.

Anivia: High burst damage, excellent control, hard to approach/kill, stun

Annie: Excellent ganker, one of the best solo mids. AoE stun with tons of burst damage.

Sivir(top): Strong laner, excellent pusher, OTH good for repositioning during team fights

Twitch(top): Good ganker, ridiculous ult

Alistar: Probably the best tank; strong pusher, lame bug that lets him punt you to kingdom come.

Corki: Still a good carry, tons of AoE damage, excellent synergy with Sheen/TForce, some escapability though Valk is harder to use offensively

Chogath: Still a great tank with lots of control and damage.

Gangplank: Great support caster with an extremely versatile ult

Kayle: She exists to use her ult on a glass cannon carry. Aside from that, you can try playing her like Reginald does but nobody pulls it off.

Katarina: Excellent laner ganker, though a bit one dimensional and counterable.

Malphite: Excellent tank with a very powerful initiator; can jungle; decent harass and anti-carry abilities

Nasus: Great farmer/pusher with a very damaging ult. Max rank Wither is one of the best single target snare/"stuns" in the game.

Nunu: Very strong early game, can jungle well. Game winning ult but counterable.

Singed: I'm personally surprised to see him here, but he's another high damage tank with an initiator.

Shaco: Ridiculously strong ganker early game, probably the best jungler, able to solo dragon and Baron at very low levels

Rammus: Great initiator, uncounterable taunt wrecks carries and characters like Shaco

Twisted Fate: Still has a ridiculously powerful stun and ganking power. Still great at map control.

Tristana: Also surprised to see her here. Good carry that has high magic damage early on and transitions to heavy long ranged physical damage later.

IceDive

01-18-2010

Thanks a lot!

What's that about a lame bug with alistar?

I do find Kayle fun to play, what's so special about the Reginald guy?

Grovel

01-18-2010

Kind of surprised to see Fiddlesticks not on that list, isn't he more dangerous than someone like Nunu or Nasus? No Teemo or TF either? Poppy and Udyr in their current states also seem strong.

So pretty much anybody but Evelynn and Mundo (countered by items), Janna and Zilean (better support options), and Warwick and Heimer (too one dimensional).

I guess champs like Blitz, Jax, Trynd, Sion and Sokora are stuck in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post

In my experience, sometimes when Alistar knocks you up into the air your screen goes nuts, your champ disappears for an extra moment, essentially making the stun longer than it should be.

Leohan

01-18-2010

There's a bunch of these bugs with other champions as well. But then again, LoL is full of odd bugs anyhow.. the one I hate most is the mouse glitch.

Gigg

01-18-2010

That bug happens with alot of skills that makes you airborne.

Animal Mother

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
Thanks a lot!

I do find Kayle fun to play, what's so special about the Reginald guy?
The majority of high ELO Kayle players use her as a support character, since her ultimate works so well when used on your team's main dps character. Reginald, from what I've heard, plays her as a DPS instead of a support char, and makes it work.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

there is no reginaid. he changed accounts months ago. either that or he quit. so i have no clue wtf u guys are talking about.

Leobardis

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turiviel View Post
Singed: I'm personally surprised to see him here, but he's another high damage tank with an initiator.
Really? you are surprised?

Singed is a great champ for pressure. If you are auto-attacking, you simply are not doing your job with Singed, and i think that is why he is a very high ELO champion.

Singed's strength lies in timing, map awareness and the fact that he does NOT rely on +damage items, merely +mana/health and cooldowns. He is one of the only champions that can rely only on utility items and get a massive number of opportunistic kills.

Poison is a great farming and pressure tool, for as long as you continue moving, you can punish the opposite team from moving into your controlled space and do decent damage.

Mega-Adhesive is great for the team and is very synergistic with poison, as its slow is AOE and tremendous (75% slow at lvl 5 afaik).

Flip is a great instigator and anti-escape tool, and a well-timed flip will almost always get you an assist if not a kill.

Lastly, Insanity Potion makes Singed a 1v1 beast and tower juggernaut. granted you need good timing with this ability, but using it sparringly and at the right time make Singed an ACE dealer as much as any dps champ.

That's my 2 cents

12345 ... 6