Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So with the recent lore changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zocoa

09-16-2014

The entire lore change, to the people, is completely opinionated. Will some people choose this lore over the older ones? Yes. And the same the other way around. And for fanfictions, it's up to the author to write a story that makes the reader love that story more than the actual lore, and accept that story as part of their own personal "lore-bank" rather than the actual lore. Now that doesn't entirely mean that lore can be disregarded either.

In other words, I agree with Keydiam. The writers should aim to write for their own personal beliefs and make the audience accept that change within their own stories. It's a matter of appeal for all, and if it doesn't appeal to some people, then oh well, they will move on.

Ark Angel HFB

09-16-2014

Quote:
Zocoa:
The entire lore change, to the people, is completely opinionated.

I have to disagree with you on one key point.

Games by nature are interactive mediums. To remove the player from the lore is a mistake that will cost game enjoyment.

From a strictly Lore stand point it doesn't mater as much... Lore is lore even if not attached to a game.

From a GAME stand point, separating the player from the story is a mistake and harms the immersion into the game.

CupcakeTrap

Recruiter

09-19-2014

Quote:
Whitakker:
As far as I'm concerned now, anything we write may just as well be canon. If Riot doesn't care, what's to stop us from coming up with our own stories now? I was always of the firm belief that the story should have been handed over to the Community a long time ago.

This is essentially the Factions approach. (http://leaguefactions.net/2014/09/04/riots-lore-retcon-and-factions/)