Fun/Unconventional Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrupsMcGee

01-19-2010

I love this thread. I've always wanted to try a Mana Tank AP Singed, ROA(*2?), Archangel's, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart or maybe a Zhonya's to replace a ROA. Plus boots, whichever. Masteries, just get the +% mana, hp regen%/mana then whatever. Runes = mana/5, ap, spell pen, whatever but mostly mana/5. I really want to try this, of course it would be ridiculous and awesome with all 6 items, but how could anyone ever afford that. Still, a fun idea.

Ok, just looked at some standard Singe builds and this seems not too far from the standard. N/M :-)

Murdus

01-19-2010

Juggernaut Kayle: Attackspeed/Cooldown Reduction/Ability Power/Lifesteal.

With the Mana/MP5/Max. mana increase per cast Tear, sorry, I forgot the name, I never had mana problems in the entire game.

Sheen also gives a beautiful advantage at times.

4.41 second Reckonings is as far as I got, but I'm only summoner level 6. It can be -beautiful-.

XrBob

01-19-2010

One word of advice though. If you're playing an uncommon build, please, PLEASE, tell your team and the champ select screen. If I see corki I assume that you're going to able to carry late game. Suddenly it's late game and our corki has a RoA, archangels, and a rylais. Meanwhile, the enemy corki has an infinity adge and a triforce and black cleaver.

If you play cho, I assume you're going to tank. Say something if you're going to play AP. Actually, don't play ap cho. There are better ap champs.

I'm not familiar with the effectiveness of ap shaco, but if you're going to play ap shaco, say something, otherwise I assume you'll be an effective dps ganker.

TheI3east

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Mage View Post
I've always wondered how fast a person can go, you think they can go over 1000 movespeed?

Rammus at the end of Powerball / Yi with Highlander
Ghost
Boots of Mobility
Phantom Dancer x 5
Zilean on the Team with Time Warp
Movespeed Quintessences
Janna's passive

^I think it's possible xD
I've gone over 1000 with just Boots of Swift, Ghost, and Powerball with Rammus, not even trying to stack MS.

inhiarashi

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrBob View Post
One word of advice though. If you're playing an uncommon build, please, PLEASE, tell your team and the champ select screen. If I see corki I assume that you're going to able to carry late game. Suddenly it's late game and our corki has a RoA, archangels, and a rylais. Meanwhile, the enemy corki has an infinity adge and a triforce and black cleaver.

If you play cho, I assume you're going to tank. Say something if you're going to play AP. Actually, don't play ap cho. There are better ap champs.

I'm not familiar with the effectiveness of ap shaco, but if you're going to play ap shaco, say something, otherwise I assume you'll be an effective dps ganker.
So if you are gonna be a jackass and play a jackass build in a real game then say so if someone wants a serious game they can leave and you can rejoin Q?

XrBob

01-19-2010

ha, I wouldn't put it that way, but yes.

Viro Melchior

01-19-2010

Except that AP Chogath and AP Shaco are actually both "effective" builds. Hell, I've seen AP Shaco's that completely outplay dps Shaco.

Now, I'll agree with the sentiment in general, but you used VERY bad examples. Sure maybe they play differently, but unless you're in the tiptop ELO rankings, it really doesn't matter enough unless you're "trying out attack speed Ryze" or stuff.

XrBob

01-19-2010

I'm not exactly saying that alternative builds are bad, just that you need to communicate. That's all. If you play a build that is not expected of that champ, tell your team.

KCao

01-19-2010

thats why you play with friends. DPS Zilean, tank annie ftw!