Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@GhostCrawler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anonagon

09-03-2014

Quote:
Ghostcrawler:
Yeah, she needs nerfing. Realistically it is unlikely to happen before worlds. We like for those matches to take place on as stable a build as possible that has been thoroughly tested, so even very good changes can be ultimately risky. We also think it's reasonable for the players to expect that numbers won't go changing wildly right in the middle of worlds.

To clarify, she needs some sort of weakness. If we just lower her damage or something, players may just switch from her to Kog or someone which just substitutes one dominant ADC for another. Ideally we'd like to give her some trade-offs so that you can choose her for her strengths or avoid her because of her weaknesses.

Why not make her weakness lower damage compared to other lategame carries? Her range/safety is kind of the iconic part of her kit, but it doesn't make sense for her to have one of the game's best attack speed steroids (with great base) on top of that

Falling Objects

09-03-2014

Quote:
DollaMenunaire:
@Ghostcrawler

I plan on chasing my dreams of joining an LCS level team using my main, Urgot.

Any pointers on how to accomplish such a feat?

Hello, fellow Urgot main here.

Take him toplane, build him as a bruiser.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-03-2014

Quote:
Ghostcrawler:
Yeah, she needs nerfing. Realistically it is unlikely to happen before worlds. We like for those matches to take place on as stable a build as possible that has been thoroughly tested, so even very good changes can be ultimately risky. We also think it's reasonable for the players to expect that numbers won't go changing wildly right in the middle of worlds.

To clarify, she needs some sort of weakness. If we just lower her damage or something, players may just switch from her to Kog or someone which just substitutes one dominant ADC for another. Ideally we'd like to give her some trade-offs so that you can choose her for her strengths or avoid her because of her weaknesses.

Not to derail the thread, but can you care to comment on this thread? Or forward it to whoever it is inside Riot would be better to respond to this?

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/GPEPBymN-riot-it-should-be-pretty-clear-now-that-the-community-is-enraged-by-your-decisions-involving-lore?sort_type=best

Because really at this point it's unacceptable. It's time for someone to tell us wtf is going on. 3 years later and we've seen no forward progress, and plenty of backward progress.

DollaMenunaire

09-03-2014

Quote:
Falling Objects:
Hello, fellow Urgot main here.

Take him toplane, build him as a bruiser.

lol, nice.

I was actually kidding, I was just pulling his leg.

I do think I'll pick him up today though.

Ginga

Recruiter

09-03-2014

Quote:
Ghostcrawler:

Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind a COMPLETE overhaul on her kit.

I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I'd be okay if she wasn't such a crazy hyper-carry, and more importantly, I'd like it if her kit was modernized.

Her spells are all magic damage AP-scaling despite being a) and ADC and b) unlike Varus or Kog, having no hint of anything magical going on in her. Her spells should scale off AD and do physical damage even. She should be more along the lines of an AD Caster type Carry rather than super safe hyper-carry who plays like an AP mage early game.

BlargChikaBlargh

09-03-2014

Maybe some lower early stat gains?? Other than that, I don't see changing anything in her kit a viable idea.

g07h4xf00

09-03-2014

it's ghostcrawler's responsibility to fix everything taht he singlehandedly broke about the game

Anonagon

09-03-2014

Quote:
g07h4xf00:
it's ghostcrawler's responsibility to fix everything taht he singlehandedly broke about the game

no its his responsibility to communicate with the playerbase about design and balance decisions.

g07h4xf00

09-03-2014

Quote:
Anonagon:
no its his responsibility to communicate with the playerbase about design and balance decisions.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive so I'm still right and by extension you're wrong.

Drukyul

09-03-2014

mana costs aren't as much of a weakness as they are an annoyance