Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@GhostCrawler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speckford

09-05-2014

I don't know, you could give fighters a new melee only weapon with a passive that increases their movement speed when shot by a ranged attack that they are moving toward.

It would help them catch kiting carries before they completely die without reaching them.

Saennia

09-05-2014

@ghostcrawler Please retire from this position, you already ruined wow and they were looking to replace you after how much you screwed up the game and wanted to bring back the old team. You may only stay if you dont mess this game.

A Flock Of Teemo

09-05-2014

Quote:
Ghostcrawler:
Yeah, she needs nerfing. Realistically it is unlikely to happen before worlds. We like for those matches to take place on as stable a build as possible that has been thoroughly tested, so even very good changes can be ultimately risky. We also think it's reasonable for the players to expect that numbers won't go changing wildly right in the middle of worlds.

To clarify, she needs some sort of weakness. If we just lower her damage or something, players may just switch from her to Kog or someone which just substitutes one dominant ADC for another. Ideally we'd like to give her some trade-offs so that you can choose her for her strengths or avoid her because of her weaknesses.

I mean she hasn't been changed in 2 years for a reason...you will nerf her slightly she will become an uber mid you will mage-fortune her and then the only good ADCs will be kog (no mobility) Jinx ( needs babysitting in fights no escapes) Lucian(lol no) which turns this game back into the annoying mid lane wins the games. I remember when you buffed all other laners so that the game would not be decided based off mid. Top is an iland no one goes to, bot adc keeps getting nerfed for 3 months now and jungle is a joke unless it LCS where they have the Pick one and Win mentality for team fights.

xzephyr

09-05-2014

For Tristana, isn't it possible to touch her "goomba-stomping" instead of just her damage? She has a strong early and late because of her passives but it's not like she out-damages the other carries on a long haul. The reason she could seem to have a lot of damage is because she basically has the ability to consistently engage and disengage fights based on one kill. The slipperiness is tied to 1 kill out of a team fight and for a ranged carry, for only having one kill to start, makes it really easy to dictate pressure. 1 Kill already means a lot but for an ADC to have that much safety in a fight off of one kill given the high-consistent damage is much stronger than the other characters who have kill resets. Katarina and Kha'zix for example have to put themselves in vulnerable positions to make good use of one kill. Tristana can do this in a better posiition, so would an idea to fix this be not to give tristana a Rocket Jump reset off of one kill and rather tie it to maybe multiple? or something like Autos? It's and incredibly long cooldown as it is so there needs to be something to help it.

Mimiyumi

09-05-2014

How about instead of nerfing the ADC that's been relatively unchanged for years, we... Okay, listen closely...

BUFF other AD carries? I know, I know. Crazy, right?

The ADC role is already very unfavorable and probably the least wanted role to play in the entire game at this point. Want to know why? Because you're reliant on your team to do ANYTHING in a team fight. Especially in assassin metas. ADC as a role is very frustrating to play. You can't duel anyone. If you're behind, you generally have no CC to help the team (unlike tanks that can go 0/10 and will be useful anyway). And every single person on the enemy team has a red dot sight on your head. Everyone wants to kill you, and in some cases you can't stop them from doing so (Especially if your team is uncooperative, because ADC is the most team-reliant role in the game.).

I don't think the problem here is that AD carries are too slippery or that Tristana is too safe. I just think that people have gotton used to being able to stomp on AD carries with their assassin and AP burst champions.

In my opinion, the role as a whole needs a buff and I think the best way to do it would to give AD carries some items that can support being an independent player. (Even though it's a team game, sometimes you have to act on your own. )

At higher tiers of play, people might disagree. At Diamond and Challenger (Possibly platinum?) it's more common for a team to work together instead of having the hard-on mentality of "I need to carry this game myself" that the lower-tiered players have. We also need to promote team play. The lower skilled players matter too, Riot. You need to take into concern the 80% of your playerbase and get off of the diamond pedestal for once.

599GTOxx

09-05-2014

Quote:
Ghostcrawler:
You get the same outcome whether you add or subtract numbers. You're just deciding if the number 20 or the number 25 is the target and adjusting all the others to reach it. The same risks apply because if you accidentally get Trist at 26 and Ashe at 23, then players still understandable choose Trist over Ashe. In fact, bringing all the others up is actually more risky -- in other words, it's easier to nerf than buff -- because the more numbers you touch, the more the likelihood that you will change something in a way you didn't anticipate.

A better solution, we believe, is making sure champions have niches -- that they have strengths and weaknesses. To use the same example, rather than asking whether you'd play the champion at power level 20 or power level 25, you're choosing among the number 20, the letter B or the color green. It's easiest to see this in supports where choosing Thresh vs. Braum vs. Nami gives you different strengths for different trade-offs and also causes the rest of your team and the other team to approach things differently. We want to make sure fighters and marksmen (who typically have the least well-defined niches) feel the same way. Does that explanation make sense?

ya know... i don't mind if champions have niches... but it's pretty obnoxious when some champion's niche is everything... (lee sin)