Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are these matchups?!?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miss Swisha

09-02-2014

I just started doing my placements, though I would like to complain about the teammates that I get matched up with (as we all feel the pain), I'm not.
I cannot comprehend the logic behind the team match ups. I have played 6 games, lost 4 (2 games with afk'ers, 2 surrender's (go figure)). You would think I would be placed with bronze or paper bag at this point. But NO!!!!!
I had 1 person on our team that was silver, the rest of us were in placement. All but 1 of the other team had silver players. Though I realize that silver is pretty much the same as bronze, these kids at least had more experience with ranked games (their team having a total of 1183 ranked games played, ours having a total of 48 and 46 of them was from the silver player). I see the mmr was pretty much the same, but this makes NO SENSE, at ALL.
Here is the result of this game and the stats of the players
http://prntscr.com/4j4rio <-------- stats
http://prntscr.com/4j4ryz <-------- ending score

Wherever I get placed, I deserve it, because I couldn't carry the team. But, don't place me with players that clearly could get themselves out of the position I obviously seem to be headed to.

Sorry for the rant, I just think this is unfair.
<33333333

1hotmama4u

09-05-2014

Riot needs to create a smarter algorithm for their matchmaking that's for sure.

The match making process should take into account the # of games played, the division a player is in, if they have friend(s) q'ing with them. If a unranked person is Qing with a silver player then the game should look for silver games with players with a similar game style as the silver player not the unranked player.

This obviously would mean longer Qs but after a certain time no match is formed, just default back to the current match making process. It would honestly make the system more balanced and fair doing this.

Remhouse

09-05-2014

I believe their matchmaking algorithm is fair enough. It's just that unranked players needs to face both silvers/bronze players to determine where they need to be placed. If you do well against silver players then you'll be placed in high Silver division. Simple as this. PLacements matches are used to determine your level of play... they won't place against low bronze players in every of your matchs... you'll be disappointed where you'll end up.

Charlydog4

09-05-2014

Quote:
Remhouse:
I believe their matchmaking algorithm is fair enough. It's just that unranked players needs to face both silvers/bronze players to determine where they need to be placed. If you do well against silver players then you'll be placed in high Silver division. Simple as this. PLacements matches are used to determine your level of play... they won't place against low bronze players in every of your matchs... you'll be disappointed where you'll end up.

i agree with this guy

derpyman69

09-05-2014

but the fact is you dont know what the other unranked people are, and what their skill level is. Its a team game and if even two people are lower skills than a silver, it will cause a tilt in the game. you can be fine yourself in your lane vs a silver but those two people who have skills of lower bronze just get destroyed it creates a higher chance of a huge snowball that is almost impossible to come back from

Remhouse

09-05-2014

Quote:
derpyman69:
but the fact is you dont know what the other unranked people are, and what their skill level is. Its a team game and if even two people are lower skills than a silver, it will cause a tilt in the game. you can be fine yourself in your lane vs a silver but those two people who have skills of lower bronze just get destroyed it creates a higher chance of a huge snowball that is almost impossible to come back from

Then it'll count as a defeat in your placement matches. Simple as this. After 10 games, they'll place you where you deserve to be. You need to face both bronze/silver players to be placer in ether one tier or another... no matter the division !

1hotmama4u

09-06-2014

Quote:
Remhouse:
Then it'll count as a defeat in your placement matches. Simple as this. After 10 games, they'll place you where you deserve to be. You need to face both bronze/silver players to be placer in ether one tier or another... no matter the division !

You're not understanding the point of this rant is that you have a high chance when doing placements to get unskilled players that can't compete against the silver players on the other team. Having this alone will cause you to lose a game if they can't keep up. Then in the end of your placements, you've already been tainted due to the games you lost that you had zero control over. Thus making it more harder than necessary to try and get out of Paperbag V

Remhouse

09-06-2014

Quote:
1hotmama4u:
You're not understanding the point of this rant is that you have a high chance when doing placements to get unskilled players that can't compete against the silver players on the other team. Having this alone will cause you to lose a game if they can't keep up. Then in the end of your placements, you've already been tainted due to the games you lost that you had zero control over. Thus making it more harder than necessary to try and get out of Paperbag V

If you are more skilled then the division you are placed in you'll be able to easily carry your way out.

It's pretty damn easy to carry yourself out of bronze/silver division due to the fact that people doesn't know how to end the game quick or snowball an early lead.