Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked players in leveling games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyotters

09-02-2014

Should ranked players be allowed in leveling games?

I understand that people are leveling with friends, but if your ranked and you play as silver and duo or group with plat+ you get pulled into that elo.

Should leveling with a ranked player have their own que with other people leveling, not just thrown into the group play of others trying to level?

Matthias9119

09-02-2014

I'm sorry, what? Your post doesn't make much sense.

Skyotters

09-02-2014

Well when I level I see a lot of silvers golds and some plats on my leveling acct.

When I play in my silver account I will find myself when I que with my plat friends that I get pulled into their Plat Elo.

So should there be something similar where if you level with a ranked friend that you should as leveling get qued with silver players

Matthias9119

09-02-2014

Im sorry, I'm still not really sure what you are complaining about or suggesting. What is a "leveling account?" A sub-level-30 account? A Ranked smurf?

Whenever players group up it averages their MMR and then applies a bonus to their effective MMR based on the size of the group.

If you're winning a lot on a smurf account it will usually get a pretty high MMR quite rapidly, even below level 30.

FairForever

09-02-2014

^ Pretty much correct. If you're good enough to be playing against ranked players you should probably be playing against them. Not very fair to be stomping on pre-level 30 talent, say, if you're smurfing a new account up.

SeCKS Egai

09-02-2014

On my lower level account I found that there were "smurfs" as early as my first pvp match at lvl 3 or 5 or so.

I think I hit a quadra before my 5th match.

A smurf isn't necessarily all that great, but definitely experienced far beyond their level.

There's always going to be some disparity, you're far better off learning regardless of the win or loss and getting better instead of worrying who won because of this advantage or that.