Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix this broken ladder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

qazwsx12

08-30-2014

Ranked is absurd. This is the only game where I've seen such inconsistent player skill in a ranked series. It absolutely ruins the fun of competition for me. Not only me, but many league players. Now, someone will make the argument "carry harder, bro", but NO. That is no excuse for a broken system. The only way to make any progress in the current ranked system is to play a thousand games, no less. Other than that, it's purely luck. That is completely unreasonable. It doesn't even match player skill. I've been stuck in silver for months. It is complete luck, based on whoever gets the more consistent team with the more consistently skilled players. I crushed games, four in a row. I even hard carried two of them. The next three games I play are a serious of losses due to every lane, besides mine, losing hard (and I mean by AT LEAST 4 KILLS per player). Why should I be tied down to someone else's tilt? I average positive each game, on top of that even my cs is on point. I'm not a player that is kill obsessed, who throws himself into fights to go 1:1, but I take objectives and play decisively for clean exchanges. Why is that not factored into the measure of a player's skill?

The last win streak I had I only received 19LP for winning a series of games in a row *which feels like a freaking miracle*, the next three losses were minus -15LP when there was nothing I could do to control three other people from feeding. That is ridiculous.

You're telling me Riot couldn't come up with a better system that manages average CS per minute/wave depending on role (support, jungle, and adc/mid/top), kills versus deaths, objectives taken/assisted, total damage, etc, and weigh that against a pool collected from all the players cumulatively and in game to see where you stand (I.e. who should be punished more, who should be punished less). If you hold every player to same the standard then it forces everyone to focus on the same objectives, it would make for a more structured and fine game play.

Just a thought.

Whoa There Betsy

08-30-2014

You belong in bronze.

Just a thought.

Remhouse

08-31-2014

I believe that WildTurtle had his three accounts in Challenger at the same time by pure luck !

NO ! Skills will make you come out on top in the end.

If you can't climb this ''ladder'' maybe you deserve to be where you are. You won't climb the ladder with this attitude... blaming inconsistent players (I must assume you must be one of a kind player... always having consistent plays).

Well... it's not the case. You're being killed too many times for actually being that consistent player you will carry his team over and over.

Senju Tobirama

08-31-2014

When I play on a bronze silver gold account I win with nearly a 100% win rate.

The only time were it feel like your not winning because of teammate this is your elo hell area, usually this mean you may worth 1 or 2 division higher because you still perform well but not enough to win with an high win rate. But if you were worth 2 tier ahead trust me you would rampage true it like if it was nothing.

The moment you lose your calm in ranked game, this is where your elo hell is at, when you lose your calm you can ether become toxic, have a negative attitude or keep going on tilt.

For myself my elo hell is Plat 1.

Same as you I would think that the system is broken because I'm not able to climb it up, but in fact I need to carry harder unless I wanna sit at a 50%-54% win rate.

RoundPiplup

08-31-2014

I remembered at one time I had to fight an faker(that person chosed fizz) in rank. Tough luck for me.

Alaab420

08-31-2014

just saying. I have played a MILLION and ONE games that i SHOULD HAVE LOST. I'm talking straight feeding by the entire team. IT DOESN'T MATTER. I'm talking every champ feeds in game, then the game progresses to about 40-60 minutes and we'll pull some bull**** out of our asses and win the game.

You want to know how?

Recognize who your carry is, and help them carry. If that means peeling, than peel. If it means having to make a good pick, you better be keeping your eyes open, but just remember to never get greedy and help whomever is carrying to carry.

AND STOP TYPING IN GAMES. Nobody cares to read your paragraphs of BS, just play and leave typing to, "want blue?" "drags up." "mia" etc.

AND MOST OF ALL, THE KEY TO EVERYTHING THAT IS LOW ELO, is buying wards. I like the new match history feature cuz i can look back and see that the enemy never bought wards and thats why mid ganked a million times and the enemy jungler never got a gank off cuz they ran over 3 wards just to stand in a bush for 5 minutes and I'm just over here laughing my ass off getting my farm thinking to myself,"c'mon, not even close baby, saws yous a mile awayzzz"

so yea, thats my view on "elo hell." Just drag the enemy team deeper into the pit of hell, the second you start making a comeback(most people in low elo are childish and will do the following...) the enemy will start raging at each other and even if they're up 10-20 kills it won't stop them from completely throwing a game. It's pretty funny. ;p

supremebrethren

08-31-2014

I got placed in bronze at the start of this summer. I climbed to gold in about 2 months. You just suck bro. No nicer way to put it. You are exactly where you belong. A silver player does not belong in plat, despite what the silver player believes.

DadimPregnant

08-31-2014

lol
the plat needs to shut his mouth

we aren't all plat. but we also aren't all trash.

no, i cannot carry 4 ppl,

no, i cannot carry 2 feeders... that doesn't mean i belong with people who cannot adapt to a situation, dont rely on what they read on champselect.net, cant understand basic rotation and/or how to move a fight / operate once it has commenced, etc.

sorry im nto a god, but im not sorry im not retarded

supremebrethren

08-31-2014

If you can't carry a majority of your games, and be helpful in the games you arent carrying, you are right at the rank you belong in.

qazwsx12

08-31-2014

Quote:
supremebrethren:
I got placed in bronze at the start of this summer. I climbed to gold in about 2 months. You just suck bro. No nicer way to put it. You are exactly where you belong. A silver player does not belong in plat, despite what the silver player believes.

I'm not saying I'm plat, though I've played with plats in custom games and done well (actually won), but I can't make the difference of 3-4 bad players. I can't even get middle every game because there is always someone who demands it. Even if they aren't terrible, most of the time they won't capitalize on bigger plays. My main was Ryze for a while, but even if I go 4-0 in lane before 15 minutes, that will not account for **** when the enemy team gangs up and my team can't fight because they are either trickling into die one at a time or never all up at the same time. I can't fight a fed team.

To anyone who says I suck, I'll play you 1 on 1. I have no fear of losing. I'll learn as much as I can out of it. But anyone who won't admit the ladder doesn't need adjustment is probably either a fool or defending their own arrogance.