Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Infamous VictoryX7 Riot Chat Restriction World Record

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VictoryX7

Junior Member

08-30-2014

This post is to share my experience in what I have gone through in ranked solo que. We all know there are a lot of trolls, feeders, new players, afkers in Solo Que, and sometimes you get mad and things are said. I am one of those people, I can admit to some trash talking to people who are intentionally ruining the game for me personally. (I never say anything to someone I deem is maybe feeding but not intentionally for example.)

But that is besides the point, throughout a measly, let's say 3-4 months, Riot has so generously given me x3 "40 game chat restrictions", x3 "80 game chat restrictions", x2 "113 or 118 something game chat restrictions", x1 "300 something chat game restriction", you may say this is a lot of games i barely get to say anything and i quickly learned that was the point, you just don't chat anymore, focus on your game. Nevertheless, to top this off. I have just received a "813 game chat restriction."

Like... what the.... I must say after I finished the 300 something games, I changed, I rarely spoke in game anymore after this 2 week ban I got. I barely said anything negative, only to people who intentionally fed and left the game and started the whole conflict, other than that I have said nothing else but call for important game related chat, and yet I get a 813 game chat restriction..

Riot I feel you are abusing your power on me and not even thoroughly investigating whatever caused me to get this chat restriction. I hope you reconsider because you are effectively telling me that I cannot play ranked anymore with the incoming changes to chat restricted players not having to be able to play ranked.

I feel very unfairly abused, and that is a shame because I love this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erdrik

Senior Member

08-30-2014

Quote:
VictoryX7:
... I barely said anything negative, only to people who intentionally fed and left the game and started the whole conflict, other than that I have said nothing else ...


This is your problem.
Riots policy is "do not retaliate" as toxicity is contagious.
Its like a fire and retaliation only adds fuel to the flames.
Try not to burn the other players in the match.

Do not engage with trolls.
Do not complain about leavers, instead focus on the match.
Just report, and take solace in the fact that the player will be reviewed.


Normaly I would imagine you would get a small chat restriction, but because of your history Riot does not have a lot confidence you are reforming.
That said, the fact you are on restrictions and not another ban indicates that they do have at least a small belief that you will reform.

If you have any questions on how you can give Riot further confidence, feel free to ask.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VictoryX7

Junior Member

08-30-2014

Ok so i shouldnt retaliate with trolls and people who intentionally ruin my game. But i dont take solace that the player is gonna be reviewed. It' will all seem biased from now on cause im infamous. And riot effectively is kicking me out of ranked with a 800 game chat restriction so i dont see any point in even playing anymore as ranked is all i wanna play. So this does seem unfair and it is unfair because you did not even notify me or explain to me why i got chat restriction worth 800 games. Cant even explain it or tell me why i got it. Ok. That seems real legit cause as i told you after the 2 week ban i didnt say anything cause i was scared of getting perma banned. Giving chat restrictions like this randomly does not change players and their behaviour. All it does is scare them with the notion of a perma ban. You are abusing consumers of this game and then blasting stats like players change after playing league and bull ****. Good one riot. What phony abuse of power, pretty cowardly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erdrik

Senior Member

08-30-2014

Quote:
VictoryX7:
Ok so i shouldnt retaliate with trolls and people who intentionally ruin my game. But i dont take solace that the player is gonna be reviewed. It' will all seem biased from now on cause im infamous.

Im not 100% certain what you mean here.
If you are suggesting that your reports will be ignored because you have been punished then you are mistaken.
Report weight is only reduced if you have been falsely reporting(IE: reporting innocent players).
Your status of being chat restricted or previously banned plays no part in it.


Quote:
VictoryX7:

And riot effectively is kicking me out of ranked with a 800 game chat restriction so i dont see any point in even playing anymore as ranked is all i wanna play.

Well, Im sorry this has such a big impact for you.
Unfortunately there is not much I can do about it besides give you advice.
Im just another player volunteering my time on these forums.

I know it sucks not getting to play the game you enjoy, but it is temporary(even if a long haul).
Riot looks for improvement, so I believe if you show enough change for the positive they may reduce the restrictions sooner.

Quote:
VictoryX7:

So this does seem unfair and it is unfair because you did not even notify me or explain to me why i got chat restriction worth 800 games.

Your OP states you have been punished frequently.
You should have at least received an email for the ban.

I admit they are not as transparent as when the Tribunal was up, but thats because the Chat cards were directly tied to the Tribunal.
So when it went down for improvements, they had to handle it all manually.
Did you asked support for your chat logs when you were banned?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXarbitrageXx

Member

08-30-2014

Quote:
VictoryX7:
This post is to share my experience in what I have gone through in ranked solo que. We all know there are a lot of trolls, feeders, new players, afkers in Solo Que, and sometimes you get mad and things are said. I am one of those people, I can admit to some trash talking to people who are intentionally ruining the game for me personally. (I never say anything to someone I deem is maybe feeding but not intentionally for example.)

But that is besides the point, throughout a measly, let's say 3-4 months, Riot has so generously given me x3 "40 game chat restrictions", x3 "80 game chat restrictions", x2 "113 or 118 something game chat restrictions", x1 "300 something chat game restriction", you may say this is a lot of games i barely get to say anything and i quickly learned that was the point, you just don't chat anymore, focus on your game. Nevertheless, to top this off. I have just received a "813 game chat restriction."

Like... what the.... I must say after I finished the 300 something games, I changed, I rarely spoke in game anymore after this 2 week ban I got. I barely said anything negative, only to people who intentionally fed and left the game and started the whole conflict, other than that I have said nothing else but call for important game related chat, and yet I get a 813 game chat restriction..

Riot I feel you are abusing your power on me and not even thoroughly investigating whatever caused me to get this chat restriction. I hope you reconsider because you are effectively telling me that I cannot play ranked anymore with the incoming changes to chat restricted players not having to be able to play ranked.

I feel very unfairly abused, and that is a shame because I love this game.


nice try but it is fairly obvious you are the abuser. please do the community a favor and play something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flames99Fuse

Junior Member

08-30-2014

Riot will not restrict your chat unless you truly have done something that deserves a restriction. Even if you just call people out for feeding, griefing, or just general screw ups in such a way that offends them once in a blue moon, you can still get restricted. The way the system works is:
1. person 1 gets offended by person 2
2. person 1 reports person 2 for toxicity
3. riot reviews match specifically watching person 2
4. riot thinks about whether to punish
5. riot either punishes or doesn't


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VermilllionZ

Member

10-03-2014

**** Riot and **** your trolls.
"do not retaliate" this my middle finger

Quote:
Erdrik:
This is your problem.
Riots policy is "do not retaliate" as toxicity is contagious.
Its like a fire and retaliation only adds fuel to the flames.
Try not to burn the other players in the match.

Do not engage with trolls.
Do not complain about leavers, instead focus on the match.
Just report, and take solace in the fact that the player will be reviewed.


Normaly I would imagine you would get a small chat restriction, but because of your history Riot does not have a lot confidence you are reforming.
That said, the fact you are on restrictions and not another ban indicates that they do have at least a small belief that you will reform.

If you have any questions on how you can give Riot further confidence, feel free to ask.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
VermilllionZ:
**** Riot and **** your trolls.
"do not retaliate" this my middle finger

*shrugs*

That's not going to help your situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
VermilllionZ:
**** Riot and **** your trolls.
"do not retaliate" this my middle finger




I'm sure Riot will take this to heart and overturn that perma someday. Do you rip up that speeding ticket the officer gives you when pulled over road rage and flip him off as well?


1