Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champions to carry yourself out of Silver?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDemonPrince

08-30-2014

I'm in Silver II currently and I was wondering if there were any champions that could carry me out of Silver. In my promos I've been pretty lucky and have never been under Silver III. Teams are still pretty toxic when I do poorly and it sucks when the whole team just demoralizes you. I'm trying to push myself to get to Gold before the season ends.

Are there any champions that are really strong right now and why?

Thanks

Victorious Joker

08-30-2014

Any Champion can get you where you want to be but the player that controls the champion is who is gonna get you there nothing else so just practices as much as you can and learn from your mistakes.

Sephïroth

08-30-2014

Any champion you play well can get you out of Silver, and gold too, for that matter. You should focus more on your play in Silver.

The same thing you hear every time aside from things we could only learn from playing with you.

CS - Need a good CS score. 90 by 10 minutes is great, but you need at least 60 to be in gold, 70 is preferred though.

Objectives - Need to take objectives when you get kills

Don't die if you're carrying - Every death you have when you're fed allows the enemy team to take objectives

Understand Risk/reward - What will you get if you dive bot lane under tower, and what are the odds you have success.

Map awareness - you need to ward properly AND PAY ATTENTION to the map. If the Jungle's top, you can push bot all you want. ETC.

Don't trade if you're ahead - A 1 for 1 allows the enemy to get back into it if you're ahead as you give him more gold and you relieve pressure so he can farm safely.

Runes/Masteries - Generally you need at least 6 to be an effective ranked player(Rune pages) and you need to have an effective set up. I have 20 and don't feel its enough as I have pages that counter lane matchups such as vs AP or Vs AP.

Be able to play every role, but specialize in two - You cannot always get the role you want every game, so be versatile and you should be alright.

Last Hit Trading - Somewhat of a more advanced technique, but almost as important as last hitting. Watch the enemies minions as well as yours to pre-emptively time an attack where you can attack them and they cannot attack you back as they are last hitting.

As I said, this is all over the forum and this is just a bullet point response.

Ryan770

08-30-2014

It helps sometimes to play a champ that no one knows how to lane against. If you master Poppy top lane or Galio mid, you'll run into a lot of people who are completely clueless of what your abilities even are

GuiltDragon

Recruiter

08-30-2014

Quote:
Sephïroth:
Any champion you play well can get you out of Silver, and gold too, for that matter. You should focus more on your play in Silver.

The same thing you hear every time aside from things we could only learn from playing with you.

CS - Need a good CS score. 90 by 10 minutes is great, but you need at least 60 to be in gold, 70 is preferred though.

Objectives - Need to take objectives when you get kills

Don't die if you're carrying - Every death you have when you're fed allows the enemy team to take objectives

Understand Risk/reward - What will you get if you dive bot lane under tower, and what are the odds you have success.

Map awareness - you need to ward properly AND PAY ATTENTION to the map. If the Jungle's top, you can push bot all you want. ETC.

Don't trade if you're ahead - A 1 for 1 allows the enemy to get back into it if you're ahead as you give him more gold and you relieve pressure so he can farm safely.

Runes/Masteries - Generally you need at least 6 to be an effective ranked player(Rune pages) and you need to have an effective set up. I have 20 and don't feel its enough as I have pages that counter lane matchups such as vs AP or Vs AP.

Be able to play every role, but specialize in two - You cannot always get the role you want every game, so be versatile and you should be alright.

Last Hit Trading - Somewhat of a more advanced technique, but almost as important as last hitting. Watch the enemies minions as well as yours to pre-emptively time an attack where you can attack them and they cannot attack you back as they are last hitting.

As I said, this is all over the forum and this is just a bullet point response.

Add warding to the list and you have the 10 commandments of LOL

Sephïroth

09-02-2014

Quote:
GuiltDragon:
Add warding to the list and you have the 10 commandments of LOL

I do have warding, its under map awareness :P I guess I should change it to the 10 commandments.... Thanks!

Mannyshow45

09-02-2014

As far as champions to play to carry yourself, in any league is to play hyper carry champs such as trist.
Im currently gold and climbing. I have been coached by some of the best coaches in the world and have a lot of knowledge I can share with you and help you climb! Add me in game and we can talk more, I look forward to helping you get better!
IGN:Mannyshow45