Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Carry me out of silver! to gold or advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TotalAbyss

08-29-2014

Someone please carry me to gold. I have had it. For the last 4 seasions I have been silver 1-4 never able to get past silver 1 promos to gold solo queing.

This last week and a half I have been in my promos to silver 2 12 times, So many afkers feeders and trolls in my promos. I am about done.

So if anyone could help me out and dou with me that would be great,

Of if you can give some advice about my runes masterys or play styles that would be helpful as well.

I can play all roles so no need to worry about me taking your preferred spot.

Here is my lolking http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24365527

Cea

08-29-2014

You should play 2-3 role and limit yourself to playing only 6-9 champ. Play too many and you won't get the mechanic to move up.

l am Master Yi

08-30-2014

lmfao please, I lost my series for silver 2 13 times then won every single game in silver 1 and got promoted to gold on my first try. It's not hard you just have a mental barrier.

Remhouse

08-30-2014

Try to improve your level of play. Maybe you don't deserve to be in gold division (no offense). People that play in silver are maybe fit to be there !

Feorana

08-30-2014

I would submit that him asking for advice is trying to improve his level of play.

Carcinoscorpius

08-30-2014

Be persistent. Don't give up.

Remhouse

08-30-2014

Quote:
Feorana:
I would submit that him asking for advice is trying to improve his level of play.

Advice won't make your game better. It will give you clues... but those advice can be found in multiple threads. The only one that can make his level of play better his him.

Here's three crucial advice I won't forget.

1. Learn from your mistakes (not overextending, buying wards, pushing the lane when grabbing a kill)
2. Learn to freeze the lane. If you are behind your opponent in term of cs, try to freeze the lane just on your side of the lane (not under tower). You'll deny him a bunch of gold and experience.
3. Learn to improve your level of play by being consistent and not getting on a bad streak (that means don't play ranked games when you have lose more then three games in a row... you won't be in a good mood to carry / win your lane).

TotalAbyss

08-31-2014

I do all the things said in the thread. Been playing since season 2, And I have always been in silver 1-3 range all seasons. just can't see to get competent people to get through my promos into gold and such. It is really tiring working so hard to get into promos then having trolls every game. And then keep getting lower end players or trolls and deranking multable times.

Koi Nami Only

08-31-2014

Quote:
Remhouse:
Advice won't make your game better. It will give you clues... but those advice can be found in multiple threads. The only one that can make his level of play better his him.

Here's three crucial advice I won't forget.

1. Learn from your mistakes (not overextending, buying wards, pushing the lane when grabbing a kill)
2. Learn to freeze the lane. If you are behind your opponent in term of cs, try to freeze the lane just on your side of the lane (not under tower). You'll deny him a bunch of gold and experience.
3. Learn to improve your level of play by being consistent and not getting on a bad streak (that means don't play ranked games when you have lose more then three games in a row... you won't be in a good mood to carry / win your lane).

I disagree. Gaining information gives you more solid variables to draw decisions upon. I'll use an example. The enemy inhib is down (mid) for about 4 mins now. You know the respawn is 5 minutes. Your team can't directly take nexus turrets because you have no minions and no one is healthy enough to tank it, much less trade off shared aggro. The enemy team has about 10-20 seconds across each member and your adc isn't a jinx (think more like cait). Knowing that the inhib is about to spawn and the enemies will most likely homeguard would lead to the conclusion that you would do best to leave and fight another day instead of possibly getting nexus turrets down just to have the inhib respawn and the enemy already on you which could then lead to an ace and a throw. See my point?

I do agree, however, that the way players use said information will determine how s/he improves, which is what I think you were going for. Hell, some people on this subforum remember when I started posting and really trying to learn. I asked for all sorts of advice and gradually got better albeit being only gold. Advice really does help.

Remhouse

08-31-2014

But the only one that will make the difference in the end is you and only you. Not the others.