How should I build Nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimothyHst

08-29-2014

How should I build Nidalee? I know she can go ad or ap and there is just so many possible builds on her it makes me confused. is she better ad or ap? after her rework it seems her spear does less damage and her cougar form does better. i personally like to play mid more so how should i build her?

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2014

AD Is whats overpowered at the moment. It will be nerfed, its just a matter of when. Though, you shouldn't play something that doesn't fit your playstyle - because that's not OP. That's just bad decision making. Play which ever style suits you more. Do you like poking more or do you like getting down and dirty and punishing the enemy?

The reason AD is strong is that AD is strong at early, mid, and late game. AP Is only strong first two phases and falls off in the late game.

TimothyHst

08-29-2014

It would be nice to get down dirty and punish the enemy. what does she need to build in order to do so? should i play aggresive?
i would also prefer mid because i usually play mid and is more familiar with mid matchups, but i dont think ad mid is viable, but i would go top to play ad.
and i thought nid is not that good in teamfights?
thx very much sorry for asking so much lol

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2014

No problem. You can play AD or AP Mid, Mid is actually more preferred in the higher tiers for one simple reason: You can roam further from mid and control Jungle pressure. Her traps are basically free wards in the enemy Jungle and you can pick off Junglers for days from mid. Its not really even about the matchups for Nid mid, its about map pressure and she has it and tons of it.

You do have to understand Nid mid isn't a farm lane, though. Its a pressure top, bot, and their Jungler with your presence and use your extreme pushing power to keep mid from following you. You need to ward and trap their Jungle, be bot and top almost all game. She can basically do what Kassadin used to do before the nerf, and that is roam without impunity accross the map very well.

She's strong in both positions mainly because she's just really strong right now. Though, she has everything a mid and top needs having 6 spells opposed to 4, and a melee and ranged form. Her only problems being high burst assassins like LeBlank, Fizz, Zed. Even then, she can still prosper in those lanes as long as she respects their damage.

I would advise learning all lane matchups, including Jungles, just because you need to know every aspect of the game to go far. This will also help you not rage people who are seemingly doing bad because you know why they are doing what they are doing, and why its going wrong.

ProfessorKilljoy

08-29-2014

I like to play her hybrid, by rushing Iceborn after starting items and going for BorK and Visage afterwards.

TimothyHst

08-30-2014

Thanks for all your advice. I would try playing her both top and mid with different playstyles to see which suit me the best and try to learn more about the game at the same time.