Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proposal to the community regarding Ascension.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

08-29-2014

Not really in the form to deliver some lengthy speech so kindly let me just hit the high notes and go.

Watched some Ascension gameplay footage. Very much like what I see. The tri-point internal system functions exactly like current Dominion SHOULD function. All the attention directed towards capturing points and jungle control. Removing the outer rings/minions makes it so that even the newest of players have no reason to go wandering out into far vision for easy sniping. The fourth point/buff now actually has significance and can go to just about anyone without worrying about 'inefficient' usage. Honestly I think there's some serious potential here to use this as the new building blocks to expand from for a Dominion rework. (Note: It's not perfect. But there's more potential starting fresh here then trying to untangle the mess current Dominions handful of incarnations is.)

To that end, I propose that at least one of the Dominion tournaments, during Ascension's life cycle, be run as an Ascension tournament.

Please consider both giving this a shot and actually supporting the tournament that decides (if that happens) to host such a thing.

Also consider this me throwing out an offer to assist in any way possible with said tournament. I will have the time.

Have a good day everyone,
-Saku

SylianEUW

08-29-2014

That sounds cool. I think it'd be better of Dominion Televised did this, since that's only RP and it's open to more people. I suggest they limit it to one, instead of at least one.

One issue is whether this actually works with funding. Can they still get RP prizes for it? If not, someone could just host a tournament for fun, without any prizes. Or maybe someone with excess RP would be willing to gift everyone on the winning team a 520-750 RP skin each or something.

KaWraith

08-29-2014

Quote:
SylianEUW:
That sounds cool. I think it'd be better of Dominion Televised did this, since that's only RP and it's open to more people. I suggest they limit it to one, instead of at least one.

One issue is whether this actually works with funding. Can they still get RP prizes for it? If not, someone could just host a tournament for fun, without any prizes. Or maybe someone with excess RP would be willing to gift everyone on the winning team a 520-750 RP skin each or something.

AFAIK, Riot is willing to RP fund any tournament, as long as it's legit, and 8 teams play. If you can have an aram tournament; why not one on ascension?

Flore

Recruiter

08-29-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDTCW3QqTU8 actually pretty cool, seems like some of the things people want are implemented, strong central objective, focus on jungle control, seems like there are things that could be put in normal dom here. Also, no creeps, woo!

Penteano

08-29-2014

Quote:
Flore:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDTCW3QqTU8 actually pretty cool, seems like some of the things people want are implemented, strong central objective, focus on jungle control, seems like there are things that could be put in normal dom here. Also, no creeps, woo!

Looked more like removed almost everything you could do and now everything happens in the jungle. While the Dominion mode gives more tools to play IMO.
If the average SR player can't see anything strategic in Dom just imagine how they'd see it if some of this stuff were implemented.
I only like the team score increaseing instead of decreasing. Riot should find some ways to make it mor e versatile in Dominion.
I never understood the problems with minions. They are an interesting part of the mode. Knowing when to use them is a good thing.

Adori Vita Vis

08-29-2014

The only reason you should be happy creeps are gone is so that bad players don't feel a necessity to push them.

molokodude

08-29-2014

Riot still has to have the month or so approval.

wolferer

08-29-2014

I doubt Clueless would participate in an Ascension tournament, along with probably benchwarmers, too. There's no reason to replace DT with an Ascension tournament, just make a new tournament. Can probably get tons of teams from Reddit for it.

Only reason would be if you don't want to be bothered with securing funding for it and just want to use the DT tournament hook.

Kaiseresc

08-29-2014

use the same stream and same "project" and make a new tourney, like wolferererer said.

Tortferngatr

08-29-2014

Quote:
Penteano:
Looked more like removed almost everything you could do and now everything happens in the jungle. While the Dominion mode gives more tools to play IMO.
If the average SR player can't see anything strategic in Dom just imagine how they'd see it if some of this stuff were implemented.
I only like the team score increaseing instead of decreasing. Riot should find some ways to make it mor e versatile in Dominion.
I never understood the problems with minions. They are an interesting part of the mode. Knowing when to use them is a good thing.

The main point is that it can be used as a STARTING point for a Dominion rework. We can figure out how to incorporate bot lane and minions later.