Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dallaskill

08-30-2014

What is Quinn missing to become a competitive top laner?

FantasySniper

08-31-2014

Quote:
Dallaskill:

Hardiness.

The question is whether or not she be allowed in the top lane in the first place.

Remhouse

08-31-2014

VALOR to me !

Dallaskill

08-31-2014

There are other top laners that aren't bruisers either though and manage well. Quinn having lower range than Vayne and squishy melee ult make it hard in not lane.

Dallaskill

08-31-2014

Quote:
Remhouse:
VALOR to me !

Stay Alert!

Dallaskill

08-31-2014

Added a few more thoughts, on her q and another to her r.

OrganicT

08-31-2014

here some idea, when entering Valor form (R), cooldown should be refreshed since you ain't using the same champion at all, they should also maybe increase the max Blind duration from 1 second to 2.5 second on level 5, 1.5 second on every level, is kinda weark.

Dallaskill

09-05-2014

I put a change on the passive that would reward Quinn for the attack speed she would build/receive from passive.

Rogue Revenant

09-05-2014

Quote:
Dallaskill:

She's already a very competitive top laner. I literally carried a 4v5 with Quinn just the other day.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1523435711/36723911

I play Quinn A LOT and here are my thoughts on your post:

Passive:

I understand what you're saying about her Passive. But to be fair Vayne's "Passive" is a skill she has to level up and takes up one of her 4 main skills. I think you're slightly confused because Vayne's actual passive gives her movement speed while pursuing an enemy champion. As much as I would appreciate this buff I don't believe you understand that its a SUBSTANTIAL buff. End game I can be procing my passive to deal MASSIVE damage, way more than Vayne can who also has to stack her ability passive. Especially when I double proc, I just DELETE ****. Tanks fall in my wake like weeds. Part of Quinn that most people don't really seem to realize: she is a hyper carry. If built and played correctly SHE IS THE REASON YOU WIN.

Q-E:

Looks good, nice work!

R:

I'm mixed about the R changes. The reason I'm mixed is because I don't see this buff as encouraging me to stay in the form of Valor. As it is, you do much more damage as Quinn so I pretty much just use my ult as an execute. The cooldown reduction is NECESSARY. Her ult cooldown is BULL**** long. Her cooldowns resetting would be nice, and personally I wouldn't care if the passive attack speed was removed or severely reduced in place of something else. Armor Shred would be nice as long as I get the armor/magic resist buff you were talking about.

The thing about her Ult is SHE NEEDS A REASON TO BE VALOR. As it is, you really don't because for the most part you are reducing your damage by giving up Harrier procs.

That's my two cents. When Quinn is ahead, then good luck. But if she gets behind... well you're pretty screwed. My last two games I got behind and it wasn't pretty. Though admittedly my last game I simply wasn't paying attention and picked Quinn into Akali which is DUMB.

PSA for Quinn's: Akali ****s up Quinn. It's not a good time =P

EDIT: Also they need to fix all the bugs with her... E not marking targets, a ****ed up AA cancel, Q's that randomly vanish (I swear I had one hit a Malphite Q the other day and it disappeared), amongst other things. She really needs some fixes badly.

Dallaskill

09-05-2014

Quote:
Drakenborn:
She's already a very competitive top laner. I literally carried a 4v5 with Quinn just the other day.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1523435711/36723911

I play Quinn A LOT and here are my thoughts on your post:

Passive:

I understand what you're saying about her Passive. But to be fair Vayne's "Passive" is a skill she has to level up and takes up one of her 4 main skills. I think you're slightly confused because Vayne's actual passive gives her movement speed while pursuing an enemy champion. As much as I would appreciate this buff I don't believe you understand that its a SUBSTANTIAL buff. End game I can be procing my passive to deal MASSIVE damage, way more than Vayne can who also has to stack her ability passive. Especially when I double proc, I just DELETE ****. Tanks fall in my wake like weeds. Part of Quinn that most people don't really seem to realize: she is a hyper carry. If built and played correctly SHE IS THE REASON YOU WIN.

Q-E:

Looks good, nice work!

R:

I'm mixed about the R changes. The reason I'm mixed is because I don't see this buff as encouraging me to stay in the form of Valor. As it is, you do much more damage as Quinn so I pretty much just use my ult as an execute. The cooldown reduction is NECESSARY. Her ult cooldown is BULL**** long. Her cooldowns resetting would be nice, and personally I wouldn't care if the passive attack speed was removed or severely reduced in place of something else. Armor Shred would be nice as long as I get the armor/magic resist buff you were talking about.

The thing about her Ult is SHE NEEDS A REASON TO BE VALOR. As it is, you really don't because for the most part you are reducing your damage by giving up Harrier procs.

That's my two cents. When Quinn is ahead, then good luck. But if she gets behind... well you're pretty screwed. My last two games I got behind and it wasn't pretty. Though admittedly my last game I simply wasn't paying attention and picked Quinn into Akali which is DUMB.

PSA for Quinn's: Akali ****s up Quinn. It's not a good time =P

EDIT: Also they need to fix all the bugs with her... E not marking targets, a ****ed up AA cancel, Q's that randomly vanish (I swear I had one hit a Malphite Q the other day and it disappeared), amongst other things. She really needs some fixes badly.

Hey man thanks for the reply! I'm not confused on the passives, and I understand what you're saying. So maybe it's not needed but I still think it would be a nice change.

Yeah I know what you're saying about needing a reason. I like that I can ult to tower really fast or go across the map with ease to get somewhere I need, but in a fight you really don't need it. Except for the execute like you mentioned. I like my changes I put for keeping the ult the same, I mean its fun to use that ult! But really she needs a reason. The ult cooldown is ridiculous thanks for agreeing! Maybe she would have a reason to ult so she could continue her abilities when oom or something. Getting the refreshed abilities with no cost would give her a reason to some degree. But being melee in her ult I think the armor/magic resist is also necessary.

Do you build her pure damage? Just curious as to what you would typically build in most situations?