Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acacian Nation

Recruiter

08-28-2014

tbh as a huge quinn fan when playing her top I suggest going trinity into bork then if you get fed get more damage if you are equal or behind go for more tank items and out 1v1 everyone

BerserkGoldfish

08-28-2014

I prefer IBG over trinity just for the tankiness. you get enough grom that and Maw/merc scim and Mallet that your last 2 items can be pure damagew and you still do more than enough, especially if theyre lifesteal

BerserkGoldfish

08-28-2014

in response to the new edit. It feels like its a bit too intensive. she already has a decent skill cap with positioning and stuff. adding a alt+click think to her would just make her too clunky. no one but the pros would want to use her, or theyd never use w.

Dallaskill

08-28-2014

Yeah I'm sure there are a lot of different options for Quinn top. The w extra was just something I thought would show the scouting aspect of their relationship. I just feel the active on the w could be more interactive with Valor or something. Just ideas really I love the way she is already.

FantasySniper

08-28-2014

With these straight up buffs, (which are pretty strong, might I add) She will be seeing a lot more Top than ADC, and that is a bit of an issue.

Valor could use the small resistance buff, but otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

Dallaskill

08-28-2014

Yeah I think most of the problem here is Valor and some other stuff like the cooldown and time hes allowed out. Other than that she is a really great champ, or they are.

FinalFencer

08-29-2014

I think Quinn has a lot going for her already and that would be flooding her with more stats as a band-aid fix. She plays like a duck and cover scout and if you don't use your skills right, she gets blown up. She doesn't deserve to be any more of a bully. If they want to buff her, they need to fix her AA cancel bug and fix the timing on her Harrier proc. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed myself out of trades because I try to re-position after a shot (bolt mid flight) only to not deal damage; also she's really short range so that makes it even worse.

If they were going to change something for Quinn, kit wise, I'd love if they changed her Q. Her blind attack is horribly hard to hit with waves of minions and it's so big that it's a pain to fish through cracks in minion lines. In a lot of situations, you will lose fights because she can't land her blind to trade. I suggest making her Q an area effect drop zone, similar to Xerath's "eye of destruction" or Corki's Q ability. That'll give her a better tool to work with, increase her skill cap, and will make more sense thematically as she asks her friend, Valor (who is flying overhead) to come down from the sky and aid her. It looks silly to me that she pulls Valor from her coat.

Echo5kw

08-29-2014

Quote:
FinalFencer:
I think Quinn has a lot going for her already and that would be flooding her with more stats as a band-aid fix. She plays like a duck and cover scout and if you don't use your skills right, she gets blown up. She doesn't deserve to be any more of a bully. If they want to buff her, they need to fix her AA cancel bug and fix the timing on her Harrier proc. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed myself out of trades because I try to re-position after a shot (bolt mid flight) only to not deal damage; also she's really short range so that makes it even worse.

If they were going to change something for Quinn, kit wise, I'd love if they changed her Q. Her blind attack is horribly hard to hit with waves of minions and it's so big that it's a pain to fish through cracks in minion lines. In a lot of situations, you will lose fights because she can't land her blind to trade. I suggest making her Q an area effect drop zone, similar to Xerath's "eye of destruction" or Corki's Q ability. That'll give her a better tool to work with, increase her skill cap, and will make more sense thematically as she asks her friend, Valor (who is flying overhead) to come down from the sky and aid her. It looks silly to me that she pulls Valor from her coat.

they'd have to reduce the damage and aoe-ness of the blind in order for that to come into effect. or increase her already stupidly high mana costs for it. her q, honestly, isn't the issue. especially with how most people play adc (standing right in the middle of minions), it's pretty easy to get the aoe damage/blind off. i'd like them to improve the reliability of e, and give her ult something. whether it's bonus ad, no mana costs...something.

Dallaskill

08-29-2014

I think since shes so close range and naturally squishy that if you do go in with the e she should get the damage reduction. But aside from that I do agree that her mana costs are a little high. Specially on the Q when its your harass that you want to max. doing two things of aa e aa q makes you dangerously low. But I do think Valor should get some resistances. Bonus ad would be nice since I feel he doesn't do a lot of damage aside from his q and I hate how I find the right moment to go in with Valor and I find out I'm oom... Resistances would be my priority on Valor, then bonus ad. Though mana cost changes would be greatly appreciated.

I feel that in Bird form she doesn't do enough damage for how squishy she is. She doesn't actually have a way to get out of the fight once shes in without say a minion for her E so I think thats why she needs resistances or more ad to make it worth ulting.

Dallaskill

08-30-2014

I also like the idea of the drop down skill shot for her q, I think it makes more sense indeed with Valor coming above. However I love the long skill shot to finish off a combo when they run away.