Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dallaskill

08-27-2014

Quinn:

I think most of what her abilities are great, but building damage, which is what you usually do, makes her a bit too squishy for what her abilities actually do.

Considering Quinn doesn't have the best scaling without items I feel she does indeed need these changes.

So I suggest just a few changes.

Passive: Harrier

• Reduce the time harrier can occur by .5 seconds per auto attack.

Q: Blinding Assult
  • Valor should swoop down from above Quinn and then fly forward, not coming out from Quinn's coat.
  • Perhaps make the skillshot skinnier to thread better and avoid clipping minions.
  • Let the Blind increase as you level it. 1 / 1.25 / 1.50 / 1.75 / 2

W: Heightened Senses
  • Reduce the Cooldown to 40 / 35 / 30 / 25 / 20
  • Not effected by Cooldown Reduction.

E: Vault
  • Give Quinn and Valor 15% physical and magic damage reduction for 2 seconds after using Vault.
  • Let the slow start to decay after Quinn has landed.

R: Tag Team
  • Let Valor gain 10/15/20 armor and magic resistance and stay in battle for 30 seconds instead of 20.
  • Let the cooldown timer start when the ability is activated.
  • Let Valor have no cost abilities with refreshed cooldowns upon activating Tag Team.
  • Let Skystrike activate upon dying as Valor.
  • Reduce the cooldown to 120/100/80

There is absolutely no reason to use an ult in a team fight because of how squishy she is and the fact she loses damage and active from her Harrier.
Reduce the cooldown because it's either only getting her there, getting her away from there, or chasing someone when its over.
This is more utility or an escape than anything else.
In League's modern world there are more champions able to shut down or stop Quinn from doing what you were afraid of before.
Let this happen.

And then REDUCE THE COOLDOWN TO 120/100/80

Or...

R: Tag Team
Valor replaces Quinn on the battlefield as a mobile melee attacker with alternate versions of Quinn's abilities but with no cost and no shared cooldowns.
Valor can move through units and gains a flat amount of movement speed. The speed decreases to a lower amount while in combat.
  • Cooldown: 5
  • In combat: 30 bonus movement speed
  • Out of combat: 90 bonus movement speed

I know people have mentioned a change similar to this and this is my two cents on making it viable.. This would completely get rid of Skystrike but allow Valor to come to the rift with ease. Yes she would be really effective at taking turrets, yes while maintaining her roam potential but that's not a bad thing. She still loses damage without harrier and range while as Valor. I don't think Quinn should get free stats by freely switching to a different form at will so she wouldn't receive the bonus armor and magic resistance like the previous ult buff. Quinn needs to have an ult change/buff and this is just an option. Let me know what you think..

I'm so sick of feeling like half a champion after almost 3 minutes without being able to use my ultimate...
If Riot's not willing to make these changes, at least the most important things are the blind increase on her Q and the ultimate changes. AT LEAST.
No more ignoring everyone's opinions and feelings towards this Riot.
Quinn needs LOVE!

Dallaskill

08-27-2014

Any Thoughts?

BerserkGoldfish

08-27-2014

you can get good use of her by building bruiser/tank style.

IBG>FM>BT>SV and 1 more damage of your choice I usually go muramana or essence reaver and Tabi or MR boots depending on opp team comp

gives her just that little bit of extra tankiness to survive, IBG procs, lifesteal to keep her health up, cdr to blind more

Dallaskill

08-27-2014

Yeah I just wish you didn't have to sacrifice the damage for being a little tankier. I mean that's normal to be balanced like that but with her kit you'd think she'd scale a little stronger in that regard. I do however hold firm on the Cooldown changes. I feel 120/100/80 is more justified when she doesn't do a ton of damage level 6 anyways why not make the Cooldown a bit smaller for what it offers besides damage.

Dallaskill

08-27-2014

Also the time allowed for Valor to be on the field.

BerserkGoldfish

08-27-2014

more valor would be nice. but that's quinns whole thing. shes very balanced and can easily change based on build

shes what gets called a utility player in baseball. not the best in any role, but decently-effective in every role.

Dallaskill

08-28-2014

Yeah that's a good way to describe her I agree. Hopefully she'll get a buff at some point and it'd be nice to see Valor more and having the cooldown modified.

OrganicT

08-28-2014

I like the change you stated.

Dallaskill

08-28-2014

Thanks! I think so if you want to use more than your q in a team fight I think its justified. E and sometimes that time is all they need to hard cc you if they're focusing you. If they're not you're probably not doing that much damage anyway.

Dallaskill

08-28-2014

The new edit is just a thought of mine. Anyone have any ideas or feelings towards it?