Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep getting "LoL Patcher quit unexpectedly" message.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Monstar

08-27-2014

Yesterday everything was working fine. This problem started happening today.

When I click to open LoL, the UserKernal and LoLLauncher "L" icons popup but disappear right away and it it gives me the "LoL Patcher quit unexpectedly" message. Anybody know how to fix this?

I've already tried restarting my computer as well as reinstalling LoL.

Gage29

08-27-2014

Happening to me too; it seems this is happening to many Mac users. Seems to be a problem from 4.15 and the new client. I think everyone is waiting for Riot to acknowledge and fix the problem. Might have to do with updating the Mac software that they warned us about a few months ago.

Triggs

NOC Technician

08-27-2014

If you're running 10.6.8, it's no longer supported. You need to upgrade to Maverick.

Gage29

08-27-2014

Downloading it now...slowly but surely. Thank you very much; I hope this works!

Dainofiron

08-27-2014

MY BEAUTIFUL SNOW LEOPARD......GONE....I loved you snow leopard......love......

ShimmerCharmaine

08-27-2014

I can't upgrade to maverick but I bought Lion today so hopefully my sad little toaster will be able to run LoL. Really bummed as I will be unable to play league for at least a few days.

Gage29

08-27-2014

Just finished upgrading to Maverick 10.9.4. Took about 3 hours in total. Was able to successfully open the League of Legends launcher and am in the process of downloading the new Patch

MyAccountYouGuys

08-28-2014

Great, my computer is officially too old to play LoL. Ah well.

Kokuraihime

08-28-2014

Guess I won't be playing LoL for a long time.It'll prob take me a year to get a PC and I am unable to update to maverick due to certain reasons.Kinda sad and annoyed at the same time.Having played this game more more than 8 months has made me attached to this game.I even spent money on this game,which is rare for me.Cant play with friends anymore it seems.Well,I guess its time to say bye to RIOT and LoL.
BYE......

RainyyDay

08-28-2014

So i have maverick 10.9.4 and it still isnt bringing up the launcher at all i click to open the launcher and the screen never come up what do i do