Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Detecting and banning extreme Intentional Feeders

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sup3rk1r8y

10-04-2014

Been in too many games recently where a player goes 0/22/0 (see http://imgur.com/5rptsoZ ) For another hint that it's not really a player, check out his loadout. I've heard of bots (automated software, not bottom lane) in MMORPGs like WoW, but why in LoL?

Revelation16

10-04-2014

Fix your ****in servers first then worry about other **** you sobs and stop punishing people for afk when its your service thats the source of the problem.

Free Reset

10-04-2014

Quote:
Revelation16:
Fix your ****in servers first then worry about other **** you sobs and stop punishing people for afk when its your service thats the source of the problem.

upvote this.

slayerblackexile

10-04-2014

for those in bronze hell

jew737

nuff said

WILDREDWINE

10-04-2014

Quote:
lyte:
don't worry, it's not just about dying. There's numerous factors that go into determining what's an intentional feeder.

I posted a relevant response on reddit recently:

Our #1 concern is separating intentional feeders from players just having a bad game. We have access to billions of games worth of data, and can easily see for every player, every champion, every role, what the variations in the data are.

For example, what are the average game stats (gold per minute, actions per minute, kills/deaths/assists per minute, etc) for you in a game when you play ashe? What are the average game stats for an ashe of your skill level? What is the worst game you've had so far on ashe? By analyzing huge datasets like this, we can begin to figure out what is a bad game (even if it's a once in a lifetime bad game) versus someone intentionally out to ruin a game.

well,dude,what about my question,the entire east coast player has been banned for years by the lag,could you send us free?

SKT TI Baker

10-05-2014

I hate feeders

PersianMeow

10-05-2014

i hate riot...they love the co-ck. fu./cking crappiest company ever.....go on dota2 folks...these fu.cking nerdies spend way too much time trying to ban/suspend people rather then fix their servers.

cant die23

Recruiter

10-05-2014

http://league-of-legends-skins****/?rf=fSNGdVv9eQ1hA

Original ABIC

10-05-2014

Quote:
Lyte:
Hey everyone,

As some of you may have heard, the Tribunal is a system that addresses many types of player behaviors but is currently in extended maintenance while we upgrade a lot of the core functionality. You can read more about it here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/player-behavior/upgrading-tribunal

In the meantime, we've launched several test systems that have begun aggressively reducing negative player behaviors in League of Legends including a system with the ability to instantly escalate high severity behaviors such as excessive verbal abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia and worse to a 14-day or permanent ban. After several weeks of testing in North America, we are now ready to start these tests on the European servers. We'll continue to monitor the results of these tests as we prepare to roll them out in other regions.

The reason I'm here today though, is because while these systems are effective at reducing negative verbal behaviors in League, we've been working on ways to address negative gameplay behaviors in League.

Starting 8/26/2014 in North America, we’ll be rolling out a test system capable of immediately escalating extreme intentional feeders straight to a 14-day or permanent ban. Like our other punishment systems, we’ll start with conservative tests to minimize false positives, and then expand the system to be more aggressive. As with our other experiments, depending on the results, we’ll roll out similar tests to the other servers.

This is good progress.

Riot has invested way too much in easy wins like text filters to figure out whether the verbal behavior is good or not when a report comes in.

But the core of League of Legends is NOT the verbal communication between players, the core is the COMPETITION. Fairness is by far the most important element in a competitive game, and undesirable players like intentional trolls, AFKs and such are hurting the core product way more than the verbal behavior. While I'm sure Riot has gotten its priorities wrong in this specific case despite the easy work around verbal, what I'm interested more is the future going forward.

Punishing toxic and bad players is one, but protecting other players is also another. I don't get why my promotion series has to be lost, or a demotion occurs because of an AFK or intentional feed, and why this cost isn't passed onto the toxic or bad player. Sure, "theoretically" in the long run over 1,000 games everyone should be getting the same amount of AFKs, trolls and such in their matches and the League system should "theoretically" be efficient at judging a player's ability. But this is NOT how LP amount is decided -- we don't get flat amounts every match, we get more or less LP based on an algorithm and going up and down the ladder is a part of that calculation. And theoretically, while two players can get 5 trolls out of every 100 matches, one may get it once every 20 while another gets it 5 in a row (I've experienced 3 in a row).

There's so much Riot can do and it seems like that while the company has exhibited excellence in game design and iteration, it can't quite tell its ass from its head in managing the progression system for players and the community in multiple aspects. I've paid >$100 in this game, you guys need to improve.

ZaWarsman

10-06-2014

Tribunal's a joke. Rather then use that, why not hire some of your interns and have them monitor and ban-hammer the worst of the community left right in all ELO? I mean, you morons have enough money, why not spend it?