Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ARAM Rune Page?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquishyTentacles

08-22-2014

Sup ARAM community, I love playing ARAM.

I haven't played nearly as much ARAM as you guys, but I can already tell it's going to be one my of main game-modes. Because of this, I want to make an ARAM rune page, that is universally good for ARAM champions.

But I don't really know what to put on it. I'm thinking something like:

HP Marks
Scaling Health Seals
Scaling MR Glyphs
GpS Quints

If someone could give me help/advice with that, would be legit. Thanks!

Dessim8

08-22-2014

Quote:
SquishyTentacles:

GpS Quints

Why?

You want scaling survival stats and for damage, you want pen. If you're playing a support, AP in place of it... not sure if scaling or not is better here.

SquishyTentacles

08-22-2014

What would you recommend? I have the mindset that the faster one can get items > the better off the team is with the 5v5. Granted, 3 gold per 10 seconds isn't incredible, but at 20:00, that's an extra long sword, and with the boosted ARAM gold/sec, it scales even better into all-game. But if that's a futile attempt, then what would you recommend?

Dolterius

08-22-2014

i just use a standard armor pen/dmg page for adc and bruisers and magic pen/ap for mage then pure tank page for tnaks

ARAMxONLY

08-22-2014

Yeah I'd definitely stay away from GP5 runes, for the simple reason that most of your money's going to come from Kills/Assists being in one lane for such a short match (hopefully, unless your a minion gobbler). You can get away with it in other maps because there's a lot more down time between fighting, but WITH the constant fighting here, you're going to want offense/defense runes over the possibility of a few hundred extra bucks from GP5.

Quote:
Dolterius:
i just use a standard armor pen/dmg page for adc and bruisers and magic pen/ap for mage then pure tank page for tnaks

And also ^ this, like Dolt says. Though I'm sure we may differ on the exact runes. It obviously depends on HOW you like to play. My AD page is full ArmPen quints and marks, then scaling AD seals and glyphs (19 ArmPen + 16 AD@18). Why scaling? Because more often than not, it goes to level 18, and it goes fast enough from my experience that flat runes never had any advantage over scaling. Some might argue, but it's just my experience. I do the same thing for my AP page, MagPen with scaling AP (14 MP + 45 AP@18). My tank page is pure resistance x9 Arm/Lvl Seals and the rest MR/LvL (59 MR@18 + 27 Arm@18). I just like to deal with my HP through items because I feel a lot of the items have fairly weak resistance stats right now so I do a lot of hybrid items that are HP+Resistance when I tank. And resistances are more important for effective HP after a certain point anyways (~2k give or take) which with masteries and a couple items you'll hit the efficiency mark with no problem, so stacking the resistance is better imo. But I do a lot of messing around with runes since I own pretty much every one of them, I suggest you do the same and see how you like to play. Hell, sometimes I just wanna pop a page of lifesteal and full attack speed and machine gun people down haha

But as for ONE single page if that's really what you're looking for so you don't have to buy a sh|t ton of runes.... that's a hard one... I'd definitely have a general mix that can work for everyone defensively and offensively so... gotta check my runes here and see what I'd do lol!................... Okay so if I were only allowed one page for everyone, I'd run both marks and quints of hybrid penetration, and then arm/lvl seals and mr/lvl glyphs, giving you 27 arm@18, 27 mr@18, 13 armpen and 9.7 magpen.

Hope that helps in any way.

SquishyTentacles

08-22-2014

It certainly does ty c:

I recently got started on my first HPen page, so hopefully the amount of runes i'll have to purchase won't be THAT bad.

ARAMxONLY

08-22-2014

excellent, happy killing

Dessim8

08-22-2014

It's probably a good idea to have per lvl Armor/MR in their ideal runepages for all characters. Surviving is as important as killing.

What is a Wolf

08-22-2014

pen marks+quints, scaling armor seals, flat mr glyphs. That's what I use on 90% of my champ pool.

Don't listen to people not running mr glyphs/armor seals. They're by far the most important to counter enemy penetration, especially in a long-range dominated format. Nothing worse than getting one-shotted by a Lux because "lol i want 5 more ad xd"

JedditeFTW

08-22-2014

Two previous threads about runes (which have mostly the same information): (1 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4436828&highlight=runes)) + (2 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4383293&highlight=runes))

Quote:

The "All In One" rune starter set
Seals - 9x Armor-per-Level
Glyphs - 9x Magic Resistance-per-Level
Marks - 9x Hybrid Penetration
Quints - 3x Movement Speed

Other veteran ARAM players will recommend Hybrid Quints over Movement Speed. This is personal preference between damage and utility (my preference is utility). From there, invest in nine of Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration runes (Marks) for when you play strictly AD or AP. Same with AD and AP Penetration Quints (and Hybrid Quints, if necessary). Get three flat AP Quints for healers/support mages. This will leave you with five sets (a. Hybrid Penetration, b. Armor Penetration, c. Magic Penetration, d. Ability Power, e. Movement Speed) that will cover all your bases.

I prefer scaling MR runes over flat, and will substitute Penetration Quints for Movement Speed Quints on melee champions without gap closers. I also have two rune pages with (2 Armor + 1 MR) and (2 MR + 1 Armor) flat Quints -- which I use on tanks like Leona (2 Armor, 1 MR) and Galio (2 MR, 1 Armor).