Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Raisiel, The Lightning Kitsune

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angeluslight

08-23-2014

No first for you!

I was only kidding about your memory. You should be used to me twisting around what you say! I do that a lot to my friends lol

Yes. Good for her ears. Lol I need to get around to drawing Raisiel, but I have a hard enough time getting myself to finish drawing Ephrial!

Alright, it's PARTIALLY a pun...but I cannot think of a better way to describe how fast Raisiel popped into my head. No idea where the idea came from, but it was enough that I capitalized on it. No more concepts though...3 is enough to look after, plus the skin posts I bump.

F33dMeKills

08-24-2014

Hi Angeluslight! F33dmeKills here, reviewing your champion concept.

To start off:

The lore is pretty good and the emotions are great however will we see the old man in some sort of "sequel" or something?

Starting off with Raisiel:

Raisiel's Q: Good, from the sounds of it, it seems like it is Xerath's mini ultimate.

Raisiel's W: Sounds like a mini-cleanse. Don't you think this skill can backfire though? Being able to teleport behind the next enemy with the most recent CC?

Raisiel's E: Does the bonus movement speed stack?

Raisiel's R: I'm guessing this ability is similar to that of Ahri's Spirit Dash?

Overall the Champion Concept is Good/Great. It's explaination is decent and the learning isn't quite long so no having to reread it three times.

None the less, good concept.

F33dMeKills.

Angeluslight

08-24-2014

Quote:
F33dMeKills:
Hi Angeluslight! F33dmeKills here, reviewing your champion concept.

To start off:

The lore is pretty good and the emotions are great however will we see the old man in some sort of "sequel" or something?

Starting off with Raisiel:

Raisiel's Q: Good, from the sounds of it, it seems like it is Xerath's mini ultimate.

Raisiel's W: Sounds like a mini-cleanse. Don't you think this skill can backfire though? Being able to teleport behind the next enemy with the most recent CC?

Raisiel's E: Does the bonus movement speed stack?

Raisiel's R: I'm guessing this ability is similar to that of Ahri's Spirit Dash?

Overall the Champion Concept is Good/Great. It's explaination is decent and the learning isn't quite long so no having to reread it three times.

None the less, good concept.

F33dMeKills.

Glad you like the lore. Hopefully I will make someone cry or at least tear up down the line lol

Nope. Both old men in the story died. One by the spell which was used to imprison her and the other by old age. Raisiel doesn't really physically age anymore other than her gain in tails, so she had no problem outliving the elderly man as she watched him grow up from childhood.

I guess you can say the themes from both of those characters that had an impact on Raisiel can very well continue on as a "sequel" through the first champion I made named Ephrial. Because I was highly focused on Raisiel for the last few days, I didn't realize just how well their stories/characters compliment each other until much later. But the more I thought about it, the more I saw a connection, so I added interactive quotes between them. The two men in Raisiel's lore are dead, but the foundations of her story live on. A lot stronger if combined with Ephrial because of the lore expansion his story offers.

Q: I guess it kind of is like xerath's ultimate, only with a much shorter range, she can move/use other spells between casts, and the bonus electric field thing.

W: Well, the idea is that it would sort of backfire if not used carefully. Raisiel has some powerful movement speed gains in place of her lack of CC, so I don't want to make her too evasive with this ability. She should be able to get out of a rough spot with her Jolt, but yeah, she needs to have some risk factor.

Supercharge was an idea I've had for a long while in a thought to combine a spellshield with a counter. I have a few different alterations of this skill in mind, but this is the one I gave Raisiel to balance her out a bit. It's quite possible it could be changed to a different version at some time to make it more useful in 5 v 1 chases. Just waiting to get more reviews so I can see where Raisiel is at.

E: Are you asking if the movement speed bonus stacks with the passive? Or with itself?

Yes, it stacks with the passive as they are different bonuses from different sources. They add appropriately as percentages for her overall movement speed bonus [ex. 2% (passive) + 17% (Jolt) = 19% total movement speed bonus].

Jolt, in essence, stacks with itself depending on how many champions it hits per cast (15% * number of champions hit).

No, it can't stack with itself for more than one cast as the cooldown makes that impossible. At max (40%) CDR and max rank, Jolt goes down to as low as 4.8 seconds CD. The movement speed gained by Jolt decays over 3 seconds.

R: Not at all. Ahri's Spirit Rush is a 3-part dash that attacks with projectiles at the end of each dash. Lightning Fox Barrage can be compared better to Fiora's Blade Waltz or Master Yi's Alpha Strike with respective differences to the described mechanics.

Raisiel will dash like lightning all around her target. The AOE range of the attack increases based on how many different champions have Electrocution on them, and the damage increases on individual targets based on how many stacks they have on themselves. If Raisiel catches more than one champion in her ultimate, she has a chance to land behind an enemy other than her target (1 in X no. of hit enemy champs), to make her a bit unpredictable like lightning.

I'm glad you seem to like Raisiel and find her easy enough to understand. Thank you very much for reviewing her.

Rockman

08-26-2014

1. Concept and Design

I see that this is going to be about lightning. I'll try and work with that. Otherwise it looks good.

2. Individual Skills

Passive: So I think she's supposed to be a ramp-up style champion? This would push her into that.

Q: Questions

1. Why does the damage get lower with subsequent casts?
2. Why can't she cast this with other spells?
3. Why would the cast get lower with movespeed and not CDR? The only reason I can see is because of the passive, but it would take 2 hits to do this?

W: I don't like this skill. It's purely reactionary, and it can even stop suppression!? I think this skill needs to get changed completely.

E: I think this works, if you maybe included it getting increased damage/range or something else then just movespeed. That way as a ramp-up character gets more reward from using it later.

R: It's kinda like Brand ult with a ramp-up based on hitting spells. I don't know why it's random?

3. Kit Cohesion

So I think this is supposed to be a ramp-up style mage. However, W and slightly Q don't do that. If you help emphasize that, it'll work. If you aren't going for that, you need some big changes.

4. Counterplay / Synergy

She has very little aside from heavy perma-slows. Synergy wise, I think she's probably good in a kiting comp.

5. Unique Mechanics

You could make it very unique if you could work on the passive ramp-up.

6. Edge Cases

She'll have to build tank in order for a majority of this ramp-up to work, but at the same time the ult bonus is for a mage. You need to incentive and help the mage build.

7. Resources

W and E need to be massively more mana gated, while Q is less.

8. Numbers

Q/E damage don't seem high enough.

9. Help w/ Movement Style Kit

Is it really? The only direct interaction you have with movement is Q and with passive/e. You would need more scaling or interactions reliant on movespeed in order for it to be like this. At the same time, you need to be afraid of making her a very powerful kiter. If you are going to have high movespeed, you usually have low range.

10. Suggestions

W really needs to go. E could use some changes in order to help her out. I think R needs to get a bit more unique.

If you could provide feedback here (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4806763&highlight=), I would like some help making sure my reviews are good.

Angeluslight

08-26-2014

Passive: Her ramp-ups will come gradually or in bursts, depending on her plays.

Q:

1: The 30% reduction on the field? There were some changes down the line regarding the Electric Field as I was tuning things up, but I must have forgotten to take that part out during the whole DDOSing of the servers that made navigating through and editing very difficult. I'll take that part out now.

2: It's stated that she is quite able to use other skills in between this 3-part skill.

"***Tri-Lightning will not reset if another ability is used after casting this skill."

Perhaps I will change that to "will no go on cooldown" so there's no confusion.

3: Because of the HP tanky-ish nature of her kit, she may very well not have enough room to fit a full 40% CDR into her build like some mages. It allows for items like boots and Lich Bane to have a more significant value to her compared to other champions. This also emphasizes the importance of her speedy aspects and encourages the maintaining of her speed through consistent combat as opposed to relying purely on item build.

I made it require at least 2 stacks of her passive to keep her from being able to kite way too much, considering the potential of speed gain from her E.

W: This ability is based on an idea of a spellshield mixed with a counter. I chose this variation of a few that I thought of because it's not something that can be activated all the time. Plus, it's not invulnerable to all types of CC (taunts, fears, silences, slows). Nor does it negate any damage taken from those spells, capable of blocking even an ultimate ability's damage.

Making it a reaction ability keeps a certain speedy state of mind with Raisiel and it has its drawbacks, unlike a spellshield that can be used much more safely, or something like Gankplank's Remove Scurvy that can not only free himself of things like suppression, but heal him at the same time, or whenever he feels like it. It's a conditional attack that helps her out of CC in place of giving her CC.

It's not unlikely that I could change Supercharge to activate as desired whenever off CD, adding a timed window of opportunity to trigger the counter. However, considering the drawback it has of teleporting Raisiel to the enemy rather than staying put, I'll have to leave it where it is now.

E: With the changes to her kit to come soon, it will most likely increase attack speed that scales by level or something as well as the current movement speed bonuses it has now.

R: Brand's ultimate is a projectile that can hit the same target 3 times and is very dependent on the current range between targets as it goes. Raisiel's ultimate is a lightspeed dash circular AOE that more or less resembles Fiora's ultimate, but hits targets only once each and increases in range depending on how many enemies Raisiel has already attacked. I can always take off the random landing position if it doesn't agree with most feedback, but the purpose of having it was to add a flavor of "chance" to the game as to also emphasize the whole "chance of getting struck by lightning" sort of deal. It also makes her a bit less of a "safer" when it comes to mages, which is why she'd want to use AP items that give HP to help with her close encounters. That way she has to use her movement speed to get away from enemies as she attacks rather than just keep away so easily.

Counterplay/synergy: Silences, slows, fears, taunts, and HP sustaining champions should give her enough trouble to balance her out. She may be able to free herself from CC every so often, but she doesn't have anything to stop her enemies in their tracks. She also has to build herself momentum from a bit of a slow early game as well as ramp up during fights. 2 (potentially 3) of her skills put her in a closer range of her targets as well, so anyone with 2 CC moves or one bad decision in a teamfight could get her caught in a bad situation rather easily.

Yes, she can very well kite, but her movement speed should also be used to dodge skillshots while closing distance between a target for a Qx3, E, R burst combo.

Unique mechanics: Well, her passive may or may not have something to do with attack speed when I revise her kit today. I may have to get creative with how that part scales to make it as unique as possible. I'll just have to see what I do when I get there.

Edge Cases: She is supposed to build Mage HP items since she doesn't have to enter a fight without poking and dancing around with her Q before bursting in with a E or W. I'll make sure her kit changes result in dependance on HP/AP items rather than armor. She'll probably turn out to be a secondary fighter, but that as a secondary role while mage being her primary, her slight sustain would come from an AP ratio, solidifying her intended item build.

Resources: Agreed. I'll shift over mana costs as necessary.

Numbers: I'll increase the AP % ratios and slightly up the base gains per level, then.

Movement Style Kit: She'll probably make up for that in sharing the emphasis of speed with attack speed rather than movement speed. That may be a challenge, and it's not final yet, but I'd have to find a way of keeping her a mage. I'd still keep her movement speed dominant, though. I'll just have to get clever with AP ratio usage.

Suggestions: I don't know why you hate Supercharge so much. Many champions have CC with a kit that won't allow other champions to do much to them. This offers her a way against that at the cost of CC of her own and keeping vulnerabilities. There are plenty of champions that can exploit them.

You'd have to be more specific about her E. It's a gap-widener/closer with an AOE chain attack that boosts movement speed depending on how well it lands.

Her R may change altogether since she will probably be using a bladed whip and it will have to capitalize on that.

Thanks for taking the time to review.

Rockman

08-26-2014

I guess I'll try and explain myself with the whole "W needs to go."

For starters, it is purely reactionary, and all of the burden relies on the enemy. Unlike spell shields, at least some burden relies on the player still. The only "burden" the player has is knowing what this skill can and cannot remove. This is not good game design for a PVP game. And when I specifically mention suppression, it's because almost all those characters identities are based around that suppression. Cleanse does not break suppression, because if it did that would be stupid. You have to purchase QSS. Not even Mikael's Cruicble gets rid of suppression. So when you tell me she has a counterattack that is gained from people actively trying to kill her, and in most cases means that character lost a huge investment of power into that fight with their ultimate, I don't really like it. I don't think it should be there. At the very least, somehow be gained from what she's doing so she doesn't have this get out of jail free card (but only on t/w/th). I could point out how this effects people like Malphite/Nautilus/Yasuo, but I don't need to. This skill makes it impossible for somebody in a 1v1 situation to hard cc her. (kinda generalizing, maybe Fiddlesticks could kill her)

Angeluslight

08-26-2014

Point taken. It's still a skill that doesn't negate damage recieved, so while it can get her out of a tough spot, it's not a complete solution. Not to mention it brings her close to her enemy. She also doesn't have any shield or inherit mana/HP sustain. So while I can agree that it can really be effective in a 1 v 1, I think it can be changed so that it has to be activated before hit with a CC effect in order to trigger. That way the burden on timing is shared between players and Raisiel will have to use it more carefully. It will also still be able to stop suppression, but not when she's already being suppressed.

I think that would be a fair way of handling it so that she gets a unique counter while accepting risks that go with it. As I tend to her kit tomorrow, I'll see what ideas I can pull up to see if I can think of an even better way of executing it so everyone's happy.

Thanks, I appreciate you coming back to explain that.

Angeluslight

08-27-2014

Bump. Will get to kit reworking tomorrow. Today was just too full.

Elphrihaim

08-27-2014

With this post

You shall see my art and deal with it*, okay?

*The fact that my eraser decided to not work and thus the image has many, many smudges on it. And the fact that this file is named "Lightning Soul the Lightning Fox.jpg"; because I made it. :>

Lightning Soul the Lightning Fox.jpg

Angeluslight

08-28-2014

Poofy ears! I don't know about them being THAT poofy lol, but they look just right in the full-view.

Her outfit has a fitting take to it. Looks zig-zaggy for a lightning-like look without being too direct and looks like an older, traditional style outfit to me. I don't know about the lightning on her tails going the full length, but it doesn't exactly look bad either.

Very nice. Lol foxy stick figures. And growing poof of the ears for the passive icon. If they really grew on her the more people she shocked, then she'd be nothing but poof in her lore! Lol

Thanks for drawing Raisiel in all her fluffy glory.