Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Desperate for better ways to practice and test builds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehrealMC

08-19-2014

Everyday I find myself theory crafting ways to improve my seccess in league, but am forced to settle with assumptions and guesstimates.

A random example of how hard it is to predict variable scenarious, would be banner of command.

how can I get a good judgement of it's passive effectivness?

If i test my unit strength before i buy it, then re test after buying it, I still don't know how much of the bonus damage came from the ap stats compared tot he 15% unit damage bonus.

not to mention(assuming this is custom game) I'm trying to prolong the game without gaining base stats from level advances..

basically, it is technically possible to do all of these tests, but it would require multiple repetitive precision analysis or an expert at math toa chieve desired results and it's incredibly frustrating.

I have no idea how hard this would be to do but, if there was a practice mode with option to have unlimited gold or everything free in shop, with stagnant and hostile enemy units spread out in different amounts and with various stats. perhaps these stats could be manipulated by the player, e.g. giving a target dummy 0, 50, 100 or more armor or magic resist, health, ap etc..

I know it's not a small thing to ask(and has been asked before) but it would make a huge quality of life improvement.

please please please pretty please consider adding something like this to the game.

thanks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alphabeta1812

08-20-2014

Doing the math isn't actually that difficult for it, just write out a simple formula and then plug and chug for a bit to compare, I've done it a couple times. I'm also curious as to why you're building banner of command, unless it's on heimerdinger, because it only affects minions and pets.