Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I start college tomorrow, very nervous please help!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killua Zorudikku

08-19-2014

I start college tomorrow and I am very nervous. I registered late(today) and missed the first class of all my stuff where people introduced themselves, the syllabus etc.. Im only take 9 college credit hours to. MTH 050, CAC 120, and CIS 110. I do 2 classes monday/wed/fri, and I left math for tuesday/thursday. Just wondering as a new person going to college what should I expect. I am paying out of pocket so failure is not an option here. any advice from currently or past college students would be a great help!

Admiral Acorn

08-19-2014

Just come late, walk up to a person of interest, and be all like "Hey, I registered for College late and I have no idea what I'm doing, can you help me out/be my guide/give me head/introduce me/whatever****youwannasay."

Killua Zorudikku

08-19-2014

ill probably sit by the nerdlist looking guy and ask him if he plays league.. if he says im diamond or higher.. well then well talk

kurnis

08-19-2014

Do you work out 5-6 times a week and date a model?

Chaoyo Kun

08-19-2014

gl bro

Timeout

08-19-2014

Always go to class.

Read whats assigned to you and understand it. Give yourself enough time to understand the material. So if that means reading it a few times, that's fine.

Participate but don't derail or add your own 2cents for every other sentence the teacher has.

Start projects as soon as you get them.

EDIT: Try to make a friend in each class. So if you do have to miss, you have someone to switch notes with.

If you think you're falling behind, don't be afraid to go to a tutor.

I wouldn't sweat missing the first class, but reference the syllabus if you have it and try to catch up. Don't be afraid to approach your teacher before or after class and just let them know you added late. They'll fill in the blanks to help you get up to speed. Least they should.

Killua Zorudikku

08-19-2014

@kurnis sadly no. I am legally disabled.

Munchauzens

08-19-2014

Honestly I can't give any specific advice for you. Just don't sweat it. Take college seriously but remember that its okay to have fun. College is a once in a lifetime experience and you should enjoy it. Show up to class, do your homework, study for tests, etc.

I'm sure this wasn't super helpful, but I'm sure you'll do great!

Pasterino

08-19-2014

do the fucking work

Jikker

08-19-2014

I was freaking out my first week of college. Like very much freaking out to the point of screaming I was so nervous. But, I quickly found out that college can be a blast if you manage your time well.

First things first -- schedule your day and keep it written somewhere you can find it. A planner is a must! Write down your class names, numbers, professors, and room numbers in it so you don't get lost. Unlike Ezreal believes, you might need a map to get around at first.

Second -- don't fall for the party trap. People will be chilling, partying, not studying a lot. Guess what. Their parents are paying, not them. You want to get your money's worth, right? So always put homework first. Get the books read, the papers written, the problem sheets finished then go have fun (cause half of college is being with other people and socializing after all and it's a blast, just don't get drunk or something stupid - I found being designated driver was an awesome option).

Third -- relax. Everyone is nervous, everyone is new and your profs, RA, classmates, everyone knows that. Don't be afraid to ask for tips and just take it easy. Budget more time than you might think you need for eating, walking to class, sleeping, homework, League, etc...

College turned out to be the best four years of my life. Enjoy them cause they go fast