Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anime lacks subtlety

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
MasterTerranort:
Higarashi too

Higurashi no naku koro ni is basically a cheap american horror movie in anime style

SlumlordThanatos

08-19-2014

Quote:
WC3betterthanSC:
Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't for children, if you actually played the game you'd see this game, even though it's simple at it's core, has very complex rulings.

But children's card games are SERIOUS BUSINESS!!

Zellha

08-19-2014

Is the op talking about slapstick? Family Guy is very slapstick.

The Orange Sauce

08-19-2014

My favorite part about anime threads, are the forumers who try to defend anime by throwing out terrible titles.

Continue.

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
Mango Ramune:
Is the op talking about slapstick? Family Guy is very slapstick.

Family guy is terrible. Especially the more recent episodes.

Zellha

08-19-2014

I'm just saying the op is saying anime lacks subtlety not how good or bad family guy is. America has exaggerated comedy too, its not limited to anime.

SlumlordThanatos

08-19-2014

Quote:
Anti Weaboo:
Family guy is terrible. Especially the more recent episodes.

My issue with Family Guy is that they always, ALWAYS, drag the joke on for far longer than they need to.

It stopped being funny thirty seconds ago, for ****'s sake. Can we get on with it?

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
Mango Ramune:
I'm just saying the op is saying anime lacks subtlety not how good or bad family guy is. America has exaggerated comedy too, its not limited to anime.

I've actually laughed at a few jokes in family guy though. I can't say the same for any anime

Zellha

08-19-2014

Quote:
Anti Weaboo:
I've actually laughed at a few jokes in family guy though. I can't say the same for any anime

Obviously, your name shows how biased you are. This thread has been derailed to an anime sucks thread not what was originally posted. Laugh tracks are being played in American comedy shows too and its not really inducing laughter from a real audience.

Anti Weaboo

08-19-2014

Quote:
Mango Ramune:
Obviously, your name shows how biased you are. This thread has been derailed to an anime sucks thread not what was originally posted. Laugh tracks are being played in American comedy shows too and its not really inducing laughter from a real audience.

Being biased would be if anime killed my parents, causing me to say it sucked. I formed my own opinion
and have a name based on it. That isnt bias.